The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

26 minutes ago, wilai said:

Had we had 200m in spare cash and could afford 600k pw in wages, we might have considered it....until that is the case we will just have to punch above our weight.

Maybe you could do a better job of 'flogging the brand' and generating more income. If we assume you are as big a club as us, it seems like you could be doing more deals like official toothpaste sponsor etc...

Woodward may have got a lot of stick, but one thing I can't fault him for is his maximising of revenue. What we have done with that revenue is a different question! 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If we assume you are as big a club as us

Not comparing us to 'toothpaste' salesmen (Bobby F has that one sewn up on his own (see below)????....I'm comparing us to City whose net spend over the last few years is about 4 times ours yet still have a few  hundred million lying around for new players.

We have to balance buying players with improving stadium and training facilities.  We're not in the same ball park as City so we go with the hand we are dealt. 

With regard to commercial income though, maybe you should try and get a deal with a Roofing Contractor. Old Toilet could do with a new one by all accounts????

firmino-oral-bobby-1170x710.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

I'm comparing us to City whose net spend over the last few years is about 4 times ours yet still have a few  hundred million lying around for new players.

So unless you hardly make any money compared to City, does that mean that FFP isn't working? 

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Fernandinho has signed a 1 year extension. Nice one

Brilliant player, brilliant captain. I have a lot of time and respect for Dinho, so VERY pleased to see him sign up for another year (also love the fact his 11yr old son has a Manc accent ????)

350 Appearances
24 Goals
30 Assists

4 Premier League Titles
1 FA Cup
6 League Cups
1 Community Shield

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

4 Premier League Titles
1 FA Cup
6 League Cups
1 Community Shield

Next time he sees Jonathan Greening he could ask him nicely if he could see his Champions League medal. 

Brian Kidd has retired at 72. Great guy and a proper gent.

Brian Kidd leaves Manchester City coaching role

The 72-year-old helped the club to five Premier League titles, two FA Cups and five League Cup wins in his time at the Etihad Stadium; Kidd was assistant manager to Roberto Mancini before remaining on the coaching staff under both Manuel Pellegrini and Pep Guardiola

"It has been a privilege to be part of such an exciting chapter in this club's history," Kidd said on the club's website.

"I can only thank Pep, Roberto and Manuel for their leadership during a period of huge change and challenges for everyone involved here. I hope to have offered them enough help and support along the way to have made a difference and played a small role in the different teams' successes.

"Having also played for Manchester City, it was very special to return and throughout the last 12 years I have felt the warmth of the leadership, the staff and of the fans throughout. I am incredibly grateful to all of them."

Manchester City manager Guardiola added: "Brian Kidd is a legend in this country. Not only for what he has done here at Manchester City, but at other clubs throughout his incredible career.

"He has been so important to me during my time at the club, and I am sure to Roberto and Manuel also. He has so much respect in our dressing room, from myself, my coaches and most importantly the players.

"His experience has helped us to achieve something very special during his time here and I speak for everyone at Manchester City when I thank him for everything he has done."

Full story:- Brian Kidd leaves Manchester City coaching role | Football News | Sky Sports

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

No soul eh!!! I love Pablo

"When some talk about Man City, it's all money, money, money. But money can't buy you love and I can tell you, that once you play for Man City you feel the love"

Pablo Zabaleta on Man City

He'd probably never seen so many prozzies in one room, the night he received his first salary. 

2 minutes ago, R U MAN U U said:

He'd probably never seen so many prozzies in one room, the night he received his first salary. 

Don't judge every other players standards to the bar set by United players.. Grannies, sister-in-laws, anything goes over there

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Well done Kyle and Raheem. Both named in the EURO 2020 team of the tournament. By far the best English players of the tournament. Maguire wasn't too bad I suppose 

Screenshot_20210714-091141_Facebook.thumb.jpg.336bfb34040bc058bb85dec7722e5e5f.jpg

Low and behold.... It seems there is such a thing as form, and that Maguire isn't such a terrible player!

Amazing how people who have been alive such a long time are so bad at seeing the bigger picture!

18 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Low and behold.... It seems there is such a thing as form, and that Maguire isn't such a terrible player!

Amazing how people who have been alive such a long time are so bad at seeing the bigger picture!

Steady on Tonto, don't get too giddy. I just said he wasn't too bad

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I think anyone can see he had an excellent tournament. Whether you choose to admit it or not.

I suppose it got the convicted criminal out of mischief and committing more crimes. So that's a bonus. Although I do have my doubts as to whether convicted criminals should play for England in the first place. Especially as he's shown no remorse. Not a good role model really

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I suppose it got the convicted criminal out of mischief and committing more crimes. So that's a bonus. Although I do have my doubts as to whether convicted criminals should play for England in the first place. Especially as he's shown no remorse. Not a good role model really

Have you never got into a bit of trouble after a few drinks on holiday?

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Have you never got into a bit of trouble after a few drinks on holiday?

Irrelevant. I'm not a role model and representing my country. Ben Stokes got kicked out of the English team before his even went to court and got cleared. Many other stars have received punishment from their clubs and country after committing acts not worthy of a role model

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Irrelevant. I'm not a role model and representing my country. Ben Stokes got kicked out of the English team before his even went to court and got cleared. Many other stars have received punishment from their clubs and country after committing acts not worthy of a role model

I don't remember Maguire kicking the <deleted> out of anyone.

Having his summer ruined was probably enough punishment. If England wanted to ban him that's their loss, but glad they trusted his version of events rather than some kangaroo court on a Greek Island.