• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Treating this non story and boring witch hunt with the contempt it deserves

You are now the Lance Armstrong of this forum. Take a leaf out of Lance's book and come clean. 

I can try set you up with Oprah. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

So if they revoke all the Premier League titles how many does that leave them with ????... 1 or 2 isn't it

Even that journalist didn't know exactly what City are being charged with. As he said, "he can only try and join the dots". So I can't see how super sleuth Rick Der Spiegel can jump to any assumptions.

On another note. We all know FFP was introduced from pressure of the big boys to protect their seats at the top table but what I don't understand is, why would anybody condemn owners who put money into a club and yet don't load it with debt but think it's fine for an owner to rob money from a club and yet still keep that club owing hundreds of millions of pounds. I know which owners I would prefer but it also shows why FFP is a freakin joke. Look at Barca. Almost bankrupt and having to renegotiate players contracted salaries and yet they don't breach FFP!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

On another note. We all know FFP was introduced from pressure of the big boys to protect their seats at the top table but what I don't understand is, why would anybody condemn owners who put money into a club and yet don't load it with debt but think it's fine for an owner to rob money from a club and yet still keep that club owing hundreds of millions of pounds. I know which owners I would prefer but it also shows why FFP is a freakin joke. Look at Barca. Almost bankrupt and having to renegotiate players contracted salaries and yet they don't breach FFP!!

You might be right but it's two different things. One is (arguably) bad for one club, whereas it looks like you might have been breaking rules which are designed to protect the game as a whole. 

31 minutes ago, wilai said:

Villa splashing the cash (30m) on Leon Bailey from Leverkusen. Good news for you guys as more cover for Grealish sale! LB can play wide right or left.

Has Grealish gone?

Grealish and Man City attackers compared - BBC on-line

Grealish Sterling Foden Mahrez Silva De Bruyne
Games played 26 31 28 27 26 25
Goals 6 10 9 9 2 6
Assists 10 7 5 6 6 12
Chances created 81 39 36 44 27 80
Dribbles completed 65 66 38 45 41 48
Fouls won 110 41 34 30 18

Not sure if a player can win a foul. Gets fouled more like it. But for creating chances, and assists, he is up there with the best.

I'll be saddened if he goes to City. Villa could be up there; and perhaps more importantly, stay there. Giant of a club.

Edited by owl sees all

40 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Has Grealish gone?

Grealish and Man City attackers compared - BBC on-line

Grealish Sterling Foden Mahrez Silva De Bruyne
Games played 26 31 28 27 26 25
Goals 6 10 9 9 2 6
Assists 10 7 5 6 6 12
Chances created 81 39 36 44 27 80
Dribbles completed 65 66 38 45 41 48
Fouls won 110 41 34 30 18

Not sure if a player can win a foul. Gets fouled more like it. But for creating chances, and assists, he is up there with the best.

I'll be saddened if he goes to City. Villa could be up there; and perhaps more importantly, stay there. Giant of a club.

100% agree Owl ... Even from a neutral's perspective. If Grealish goes to City he will become just another cog in an extremely well oiled machine.

Same with Mahrez... He has done well there but have we ever enjoyed his individual brilliance as much as we did for Leciester?

For City it's a great signing. For neutrals (and rivals) not so much.

• Like 1

So it's Grealish then. I've always thought that lad had one screw not completely tamped in, but hoping for the best. So City are still aching to pony up well over $100M for Kane? Or do we think the Kane deal looks slightly less likely now?

33 minutes ago, jellydog said:

So City are still aching to pony up well over $100M for Kane? Or do we think the Kane deal looks slightly less likely now?

Depends whether or not you believe the boss!????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Glad Pep took my advice and made him the number one priority. ????

Kadilo, genuinely interested to hear your logic here. They've just lost Aguero but you (and maybe Pep) think Grealish is no 1 priority...... Why? Sterling obviously not past it. 

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

So it's Grealish then. I've always thought that lad had one screw not completely tamped in, but hoping for the best. So City are still aching to pony up well over $100M for Kane? Or do we think the Kane deal looks slightly less likely now?

Apparently there is some kind of Covid related loophole for FFP this year so maybe you can afford both. If it's all above board then why not. Got to be ruthless in the transfer market and that what Liverpool failed to do after they won the title IMO

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Sterling out the door (no going down easy penalties this season!) ? Bernardo?:cowboy:

Grealish goes down if someone farts out of tune in his vicinity. It's not the going down but the pathetic rolling around and leg clutching that gets my goat. You will double the number of pens you get. Who will be taking them? KDB?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Sterling out the door (no going down easy penalties this season!) ? Bernardo?:cowboy:

He had a great Euros. I think Sterling should get a pass for an average season surely... Considering what he's done for you in the past

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Khaldoon found some spare cash down the back of the sofa.

We have also made circa 60m this year selling bit players who weren't ever going to make the first team

Don't forget your sell-on cut for Sancho. £15 mill? Do the rags have to send you a cheque?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, champers said:

Don't forget your sell-on cut for Sancho. £15 mill? Do the rags have to send you a cheque?

Think he is included in Mr BJ's figure, along with Angelino, Nmecha and Harrison. Can't think of any others at the moment.