• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Aguero out until November. I know he was upset but that is a Mega Sulk!????

Most City fans would have loved Aguero to stay but sometimes you gotta trust the club. They obviously know his medical history in full and probably knew the chances of another injury. Apart from a pay-per-play contract they couldn't offer him a deal and it seems they were right

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Most City fans would have loved Aguero to stay but sometimes you gotta trust the club. They obviously know his medical history in full and probably knew the chances of another injury. Apart from a pay-per-play contract they couldn't offer him a deal and it seems they were right

Was probably perfect time to let him go... And for him too. Left on top

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thai PM says no false information...he didn,t leave on top

He left on the losing side....and in Tears

Harsh...but accurate!!

Well I see where you are coming from... But a league title in you're last season isn't bad if you look at the big picture.

Still can't quite believe Chels won the CL to be honest. Amazing turnaround from Lampard. I'm sure even you wouldn't say you are the best team in Europe.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Well I see where you are coming from... But a league title in you're last season isn't bad if you look at the big picture.

Still can't quite believe Chels won the CL to be honest. Amazing turnaround from Lampard. I'm sure even you wouldn't say you are the best team in Europe.....

Why not?

Dispatched ATM, Porto and Real Madrid without getting out of second gear. Bayern Munich and PSG both treading water Barcelona nothing like the force of old....3 wins against City on the trot conceding only 1 goal in those 3 games.....all done with coach who has only been there 5 minutes.

18 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Why not?

Dispatched ATM, Porto and Real Madrid without getting out of second gear. Bayern Munich and PSG both treading water Barcelona nothing like the force of old....3 wins against City on the trot conceding only 1 goal in those 3 games.....all done with coach who has only been there 5 minutes.

It's a knockout competition, IMO you can't come 4th in your league and call yourself the best team in Europe. Same as when you did it last time (6th wasn't it?). I'd say the same about Liverpool 2005 but the more recent time they were close runner up in the league so fair enough

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's a knockout competition, IMO you can't come 4th in your league and call yourself the best team in Europe. Same as when you did it last time (6th wasn't it?). I'd say the same about Liverpool 2005 but the more recent time they were close runner up in the league so fair enough

Try this......best team in the Epl City...best team in Europe........... i,ll leave you to fill in the dots.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That is exactly why I have always said that I prefer to win the PL than the CL. I'd love to win both but the PL is the most important one for me.

For many years your greatest aspiration was to win the Second Division.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

That is exactly why I have always said that I prefer to win the PL than the CL. I'd love to win both but the PL is the most important one for me.

I still disagree. At this stage in your clubs history you should be prioritising the CL

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nope. PL is THE priority with the CL being the cherry on top.

Not for a club with your trophy cabinet. For all you've won, let's be honest, you still struggle a bit to be taken seriously don't you ....

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Not for a club with your trophy cabinet. For all you've won, let's be honest, you still struggle a bit to be taken seriously don't you ....

this sort of <deleted> doesn't help....????

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 6.15.20 pm.png

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

this sort of <deleted> doesn't help....????

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 6.15.20 pm.png

What the hell... I thought peaky blinders was Birmingham.

To be fair though, they probably still dress like that in north / east Manchester.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Let's be honest again.  You still struggle to shed the RAG attitude even though you aren't winning anything lately. Tis your club who are the laughing stock but your too blind to see it

• Haha 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Let's be honest again.  You still struggle to shed the RAG attitude even though you aren't winning anything lately. Tis your club who are the laughing stock but your too blind to see it

We've always been hated by other English fans and laughed at whenever we fall short of a very high bar we've set ourselves. That's just an reflection of the stature of our club on the world stage.

You are a new money club who wants to dine at the top table. But to be taken seriously as one of the elite you must win the European Cup. At the moment Forest and Villa have a stronger claim to being a big club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I've had a few PM's so I'd just like to confirm that is not mrboj in the article.

haha he does look like the Meth version ???? 

He has retired now, so maybe he's been hitting the Ya ba ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

FPL question @mrbojangles ... Do you expect Cancelo or Walker to start vs Spurs, or both?

Also, do you think Gundagon will be played in a more attacking role like last season, or further back?

cheers

I'll be honest and admit I haven't a clue for this game Rick. With players only just coming back (mainly Stones, Walker and Sterling) and both Foden and KdB injured, coupled with the friendlies only being played by mainly the youth guys, it's nigh on impossible to second guess who is ready and who isn't

• Confused 1