The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, wilai said:

No they weren't....a settlement was reached and no action was taken by the authorities. Well worth it as presumably we crossed a few expensive duds off any wish list we might have had????

'An FA spokesperson said: “The FA has carefully considered the evidence it received in this matter, including information provided by both clubs involved, and has decided not to progress the investigation.'

OK not fined but a settlement was reached. Didn't have you down as such a pedant Wilai. City lodged a legal complaint and Liverpool settled. I would presume that's why the FA didn't take it any further.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, wilai said:

So why didn't they? Tactics? or the players' failure to carry out positional instructions? Your XI cost about 530m with another 350m on the bench so blaming non playing defenders won't wash. Heat maps below demonstrate what went wrong. What I don't know is why!

E86EqRgWEAAyHIO?format=jpg&name=small

Give over mate. Heat maps don't tell the full story. Sterling and Grealish were playing tight with each other doing 1-2's to try and split the defense. It's also only Grealish first game (don't count the Charity Shield). Give him time to settle.

As for the defenders. Excuse me, we let a goal in and that's what lost us the game. It's their job not to let the goals go in and both Mendy and Ake were rubbish all night. Ake shouldn't have even let Son get the shot off for the goal. Jaysus, I don't remember ever going into the Liverpool or Spurs threads and dissecting a single game and gloating about a result like you and Ronnie are doing, coupled with Bob clicking like on everything and anything anti-City. 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Heat maps don't tell the full story

Maybe not to you but they are very useful and those two shown even demonstrated your own point about the lack of balance. Mendy's attacking strength was also compromised. I was just puzzled at the lack of tactical awareness. You had close to a billion quid's worth of players available and couldn't get a single goal against the likes of Dier/Sanchez.

Defeat was down to Pep's inability to adjust his tactics imo. And, with the amount of cash you've spent, you have to expect some gloating from us paupers when things occasionally go completely tits up????

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

OK not fined but a settlement was reached. Didn't have you down as such a pedant Wilai. City lodged a legal complaint and Liverpool settled. I would presume that's why the FA didn't take it any further.

Not being a pedant mate, just making sure you had remembered the facts. Big difference between being fined and agreeing a settlement.  

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

And, with the amount of cash you've spent, you have to expect some gloating from us paupers

My god man. You've been listening to that whinging git Klopp far too much. You've done alright at splashing the cash yourselves. We are grateful for our owners, as Simon Jordan said, maybe Liverpool fans should look at their owners before boo hooing at other clubs for spending more than them. Liverpool spend far much more than the majority of the rest of the PL but that doesn't seem to bother you does it?

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

Not being a pedant mate, just making sure you had remembered the facts. Big difference between being fined and agreeing a settlement.  

Not really. Reaching an settlement is usually down to the chance of winning and the associated costs. Liverpool knew City had a case and instead of piling up court costs and lawyers fees, along with bad publicity, you offered us a settlement figure. Happens hundred's of times per week in all forms of legal matters. First bin dippers and now computer dippers ???? 

22 minutes ago, wilai said:

Maybe not to you but they are very useful and those two shown even demonstrated your own point about the lack of balance. Mendy's attacking strength was also compromised. I was just puzzled at the lack of tactical awareness. You had close to a billion quid's worth of players available and couldn't get a single goal against the likes of Dier/Sanchez.

Defeat was down to Pep's inability to adjust his tactics imo. And, with the amount of cash you've spent, you have to expect some gloating from us paupers when things occasionally go completely tits up????

Don't know how you get to a billion but hey you can round up if it makes you feel ok. I'm just wondering when City were on the bring of bankruptcy and Liverpool were flying high, if you felt sorry for us!! Every single one of the top clubs who are whinging about are spend never bothered when they were doing it. Hypocrites.

Anyway, the point is, they weren't all available or he'd have played them from the off. Do you think he would have left KdB out of the starting 11 if fully fit and ready to rumble for 90 minutes?

As for the heat maps. Just showing 2 players heat maps say absolutely nothing. You need to put the full match, other players and other stats into the picture. We had 65.5% possession, so we are going to be high up for prolonged periods doing tippy tappy close up and tight 1-2's 

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Happens hundred's of times per week in all forms of legal matters.

I know, and I've never heard it called a fine. Thanks for confirming my point. .....And less of the name calling please. I thought you were above that level given your recent enquiry on the Chelsea thread.

I was comparing the comparative positions of two players, hence two heat maps. I thought that was obvious. And as for Mendy, if he is that bad, why did you pay 50odd million for him.

Anyway you seem seriously peed off so I'll leave you to Ronnie now!????

51 minutes ago, wilai said:

I was comparing the comparative positions of two players, hence two heat maps. I thought that was obvious. And as for Mendy, if he is that bad, why did you pay 50odd million for him.

Anyway you seem seriously peed off so I'll leave you to Ronnie now!????

Three 1-0 defeats in a row and nothing to show for it except $100m Big Hair Grealish. Plus Boca Juniors suck right now. The Jellydog is in a poor mood as well.:angry:

27 minutes ago, wilai said:

Early days yet. At least you can buy your way out????

We had an extremely poor start to the season last year. We gave everyone a bladdy big head start and still won the league. Can't remember "buying" our way out of that. You really need to stop reading the red tops and listening to Klopp and his whinging ????

11 minutes ago, wilai said:

Not  seen or heard anything like that of late from JK. From you; yes but not JK????

I reckon in general Klopp is a bigger moaner than Guardiola. Pep just gets very grumpy when things don't go his way.

44 minutes ago, wilai said:

Not  seen or heard anything like that of late from JK. From you; yes but not JK????

With your red tinted on, you must conveniently dodge all his whining about interviews about poor Liverpool having no money to spend and its so unfair blah blah boo hoo

I see your fb groups mrboj.....all about positive talks and the suchlike.

Truth is you've spent all summer unsettling our player from every angle including your manager.

So we willtake every bit of gloating we like from Sunday's game and you cansuck it up while dropping £200m in Levy's bank account.

Not a penny less.

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I see your fb groups mrboj.....all about positive talks and the suchlike.

Truth is you've spent all summer unsettling our player from every angle including your manager.

What? You're deluded and imagining things. Kane announced before the Euro's that he wanted to leave. City had nothing to do with it.. We've said very little on the matter since, only when pressed by journo's. Anyway, you know my view on Kane, the fee and what I would do to Levy

As for gloating. I don't mind you having a gloat. Enjoy you champagne moment. It didn't look the expensive stuff though????

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

With your red tinted on, you must conveniently dodge all his whining about interviews about poor Liverpool having no money to spend and its so unfair blah blah boo hoo

Doesn't seem like whining to me. This was the other day:

In an interview with Norwegian outlet TV2 , Klopp has hinted that in order for any more new faces to arrive, some current members of the squad may need to depart.

“It is summer and the transfer window is open, then everyone expects some player signings. We will see what happens,” said Klopp.

“Let’s go through the squad. Do you want to buy a new fullback? A new goalkeeper? We already have good players there.”

“In midfield, we have players with a lot of experience, such as Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita. In addition, we have exciting young boys in Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones.

“In the attack, we have Sadio Mané, Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah, Diogo Jota, Xherdan Shaqiri, Takumi Minamino and Divock Origi.

“I’ve definitely forgotten someone… If you want to buy such players, you have to spend a lot of money. We do not have to do that, because the players are already here.

“You have to make changes from time to time, but then there must be room to do it. We do not want more players. If something happens somewhere, something can happen somewhere else, but it makes no sense to add more players.”

Speaking about the new contracts, Klopp says that keeping the best players at the club is a challenge.

“The transfer market has been interesting,” Klopp said. “We have tried to extend contracts with key players in the club, something we are still going to try on.“Some clubs have a different approach, which is seen from the outside, perhaps more exciting, but extending contracts with good players is a challenge in itself in today’s football.”

16 minutes ago, wilai said:

Doesn't seem like whining to me. This was the other day:

In an interview with Norwegian outlet TV2 , Klopp has hinted that in order for any more new faces to arrive, some current members of the squad may need to depart.

Whining right there. Don't know if it was this interview and you deliberately cut the bit out or if it was another several interviews where he was going on about having to sell before you can buy and you're not like City, Chelsea etc etc etc who can just spend what they want

Loverpool are currently ranked 5th richest club in the WORLD, City are 6th. So if your owners are skimming off the proceeds and not putting enough back into the club, he should blame them and not whinge what other clubs owners do.

World's richest football clubs: Man Utd lead Liverpool and Man City : CityAM

Which are the world's richest football clubs in 2021? | Goal.com

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

you're not like City, Chelsea etc etc etc who can just spend what they want

When has he moaned about it. Any direct quotes? We are not country backed like City and PSG but if we spot someone who we feel justifies the cost then we will move in: Alisson/VVD being prime examples. Otherwise we keep the powder dry. 

Anyway, this is a city thread in which I was puzzling over non effectiveness of the Grealish/Sterling tactics. No idea why you insist on making it about JK....deflection perhaps?

And one final thing, I don't believe in blaming individual players for losses as long as they give 100%. Fans singling out scapegoats is uncalled for and vindictive. I know you're not the only culprit but you should back your boys and let the manager decide who has not played well. 

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

What? You're deluded and imagining things. Kane announced before the Euro's that he wanted to leave. City had nothing to do with it.. We've said very little on the matter since, only when pressed by journo's. Anyway, you know my view on Kane, the fee and what I would do to Levy

As for gloating. I don't mind you having a gloat. Enjoy you champagne moment. It didn't look the expensive stuff though????

Much like chips...I only enjoy it when its free!

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Whining right there. Don't know if it was this interview and you deliberately cut the bit out or if it was another several interviews where he was going on about having to sell before you can buy and you're not like City, Chelsea etc etc etc who can just spend what they want

Loverpool are currently ranked 5th richest club in the WORLD, City are 6th. So if your owners are skimming off the proceeds and not putting enough back into the club, he should blame them and not whinge what other clubs owners do.

World's richest football clubs: Man Utd lead Liverpool and Man City : CityAM

Which are the world's richest football clubs in 2021? | Goal.com

All the above stinks a bit of the scousers desperately trying to be relevant this season.....

They haven't bought any players, nobody is predicting that they'll finish above fourth, so they are just happy to remain part of the conversation.... any conversation. 

Archived