The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

There’s some decent irony there. 

Really... I would have thought we are more relevant than any time since Fergie right now after the signings we've just made?

I might edit this post if we lose to Southampton. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Really... I would have thought we are more relevant than any time since Fergie right now after the signings we've just made?

I might edit this post if we lose to Southampton. 

Sorry but I've taken away your editing privileges' ???? 

13 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

They haven't bought any players, nobody is predicting that they'll finish above fourth, so they are just happy to remain part of the conversation.... any conversation

You must have the attention span of a goldfish.......1 we bought a CB for 35m a couple of weeks ago. and 2...You were shown the odds on where the bookies think we're gonna finish when you asked on the LFC thread. Wake up lad.????

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

You must have the attention span of a goldfish.......1 we bought a CB for 35m a couple of weeks ago. and 2...You were shown the odds on where the bookies think we're gonna finish when you asked on the LFC thread. Wake up lad.????

Where do you think you'll finish? 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You see he wants to say higher than third... but he can't bring himself to... because he knows it sounds ridiculous. 

Ok if I reply to one comment at a time before you ejaculate all over your keyboard????? As usual, our aim is to win it and, given more luck with injuries we'll be in with more than a shout

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

Ok if I reply to one comment at a time before you ejaculate all over your keyboard????? As usual, our aim is to win it and, given more luck with injuries we'll be in with more than a shout

How about a straight answer? It's a prediction so just give me a number in the table?

No need to act like a politician, it's only football.....

The Guardian has it in their "Rumour" category that City is interested in buying Ronaldo. Please make it stop. Please. It's OK to have tons of money, but it ain't OK to turn City into another version of Real Madrid and the Galacticos.

I figure the rumour is all rubbish as are most of The Guardian's rumours, but annoying ain't it?

52 minutes ago, jellydog said:

The Guardian has it in their "Rumour" category that City is interested in buying Ronaldo. Please make it stop. Please. It's OK to have tons of money, but it ain't OK to turn City into another version of Real Madrid and the Galacticos.

I figure the rumour is all rubbish as are most of The Guardian's rumours, but annoying ain't it?

You would love it though...same as you all whine when your £900m teamis missing a couple of favourites.

"Oh no we don't want another two strikers or to spend £300m this summer!"

Well I'd love us to do that...absolutely love it....you lot are full of it...Ronaldo...come to Spurs and be adored!!

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You would love it though...same as you all whine when your £900m teamis missing a couple of favourites.

Of course... It comes with the insecurity they have about being stinking rich.... "Oh how awful it would be if we bought one of the best players in the world... How terrible!"

30 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well I'd love us to do that...absolutely love it....you lot are full of it...Ronaldo...come to Spurs and be adored!!

You're welcome to Ronaldo!! Sell Harry and buy Ronaldo!!:cowboy:

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What an ugly basstid.

I know it's difficult for you to look in the mirror mate but if you can brave it, you'll see that you really aren't that hansum either ???? You and the other fella drinking champers the other night were deffo the ugliest pair in the pub ????

49 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I know it's difficult for you to look in the mirror mate but if you can brave it, you'll see that you really aren't that hansum either ???? You and the other fella drinking champers the other night were deffo the ugliest pair in the pub ????

I have image issues you know.

Are you offering to pay for my counselling and rehab?

Signed,

Danny Drinklager

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Are you offering to pay for my counselling and rehab?

You see, this is what's wrong with the youf of today. Start your own bladdy go-fund-me page, lazy git ???? I've got one going at the moment for a replacement plate of chips. Been up and running for a few years and up to now someone has sent me a potato

21 hours ago, RickG16 said:

All the above stinks a bit of the scousers desperately trying to be relevant this season.....

They haven't bought any players, nobody is predicting that they'll finish above fourth, so they are just happy to remain part of the conversation.... any conversation. 

Just shows you how inept and lazy those predicting we won't finish top 4 are.

This team is better than it was when we won the UCL and the EPL. You are forgetting that we had 2 bad months because of a horrendous amount of injuries, 20 CB pairings the whole season. Whether you want to accept that effected our performance of not is up to you. 

It also makes me wonder about your understanding of the game though if you think we won't be in the equation, and you are the team to beat. Will make it all the sweeter when we <deleted> you again and you finish 4th, more than 1 spot behind us. 

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Just shows you how inept and lazy those predicting we won't finish top 4 are.

This team is better than it was when we won the UCL and the EPL. You are forgetting that we had 2 bad months because of a horrendous amount of injuries, 20 CB pairings the whole season. Whether you want to accept that effected our performance of not is up to you. 

It also makes me wonder about your understanding of the game though if you think we won't be in the equation, and you are the team to beat. Will make it all the sweeter when we <deleted> you again and you finish 4th, more than 1 spot behind us. 

Has VVD lost anything from the injury?

You've lost Winaldjum so not sure how you can say you are better.

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Has VVD lost anything from the injury?

You've lost Winaldjum so not sure how you can say you are better.

Doesn't look like it, Norwich was a good game to ease him in, and it didn't appear so, as few tentative tackles here and there but he looked good. 

Well Naby Keita stepped in to the Gini role on the weekend and his stats were impressive, comparatively to Gini also. 

We have a lot of players fit that were not previously, we have a lot of players that had full a preseason and after having a proper rest for a change. 

Put all this together and it's the best we've looked at the start of season for some time. My only concern is those susceptible to injury. I'd like another midfielder and one up top, but unless Shaq and Origi leave then that's our lot and we get on with it. 

I'd be the first to moan if I thought we weren't doing enough. 

Archived