The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Stones and KdB not even on the bench.

Sterling and Mahrez on the bench with a front three attacking force as potent as a damp starter pistol

At least it gave Grealish room to play....unlike last week when RS kept treading on his toes????

1 minute ago, wilai said:

At least it gave Grealish room to play....unlike last week when RS kept treading on his toes????

Yeah, the won 5-0 so I think we can safely say Pep played the right team. Even though Mr Boj is doubting.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah, the won 5-0 so I think we can safely say Pep played the right team. Even though Mr Boj is doubting.

I'm obviously chuffed with the result but don't know whether it was down to us playing very good or Norwich being very awful. Maybe both.

My point before the match is still extant. That front 3 won't cause Liverpool, United, Chelsea etc any sleepless nights. Jesus deservedly got MOM but that was due to his service and work rate. He didn't score and neither did Torres which is really what they were meant to do. We got an OG, followed by a lucky bounce off Grealish. Nothing further for another 40 minutes until Sterling came on for Torres and we looked a lot more threatening.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jellydog said:

Missed out on the #9 we were in need of, and instead ponied up $100m for Dandy Jack the winger when we already have oodles of them.

I do hope the City brain trust is not considering Ronaldo.

The naughty side of me wants us to get Ronaldo cos of the comedy value. it would really infuriate United fans but from what I read last week, we have already told his agent that we aren't  interested.

As for Kane. I said from the start on here that I didn't want us to pay that kind of money for him and I said City wouldn't cave in to ludicrous Levy valuation. Our transfer strategy is that we put a value on a player with a bit of negotiation wriggle room and if it's not acceptable, we walk like we have done several times. Wonder if the Spurs fans will accept Kanes remarkable new loyalty to them!!!

18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The naughty side of me wants us to get Ronaldo cos of the comedy value. it would really infuriate United fans but from what I read last week, we have already told his agent that we aren't  interested.

As for Kane. I said from the start on here that I didn't want us to pay that kind of money for him and I said City wouldn't cave in to ludicrous Levy valuation. Our transfer strategy is that we put a value on a player with a bit of negotiation wriggle room and if it's not acceptable, we walk like we have done several times. Wonder if the Spurs fans will accept Kanes remarkable new loyalty to them!!!

Hope you are right about the no interest in Ronaldo. As for Kane, if he scores goals the Spurs' faithful won't give a toss.

6 hours ago, jellydog said:

As for Kane, if he scores goals the Spurs' faithful won't give a toss.

The funny bit if there is any truth in the reports is that it will now cost Spurs another 100 grand per week for an improved contract for him. So not only did we stick 2 fingers up at super wheeler dealer Levy but we've cost him another 5.2 million quid a year ????

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The funny bit if there is any truth in the reports is that it will now cost Spurs another 100 grand per week for an improved contract for him. So not only did we stick 2 fingers up at super wheeler dealer Levy but we've cost him another 5.2 million quid a year ????

That is really small time thinking mate....

What do you care about getting one over on some dude in an office?

You've missed an opportunity to buy arguably the world's best striker and put your team up another level. But all you care about is getting one over on a guy in a suit.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

You've missed an opportunity to buy arguably the world's best striker and put your team up another level. But all you care about is getting one over on a guy in a suit.

Give over Rik with all this "small club mentality" and "really small thinking" rubbish. I have clearly stated all along and not waivered one iota on my thoughts of the ridiculous money that Levy was demanding. I am therefore happy that we didn't stump it up and even happier that it has now cost the greedy git something on top

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Give over Rik with all this "small club mentality" and "really small thinking" rubbish. I have clearly stated all along and not waivered one iota on my thoughts of the ridiculous money that Levy was demanding. I am therefore happy that we didn't stump it up and even happier that it has now cost the greedy git something on top

Is he a greedy git or just doing his job?

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

The thing is City will win most of their matches 2-3-4 nil without him.....all Kane does is add another one on. Not necessarily more points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The thing is City will win most of their matches 2-3-4 nil without him.....all Kane does is add another one on. Not necessarily more points.

Not doubting they can still muller the smaller teams. Only time will tell if they miss a proper striker though....it's obvious Pep wanted him, so that says to me that he  would be more than a luxury player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Mendy has been nicked. Suspended by City. Haven't seen details of charges yet.

Update:     4 counts of Rape and one of sexual assault!

Not the way we wanted to get rid of him but good riddance.

• Like 2

Man City star Benjamin Mendy, 27, is charged with four counts of rape and one of sexual assault against three people and is suspended by the Premier League champions

The 27-year-old, who plays at left-back for the Premier League champions

He was immediately suspended by Manchester City pending investigation

Remanded in custody and is due to appear at magistrates' court tomorrow

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9929981/Man-City-star-Benjamin-Mendy-27-charged-four-counts-rape.html