The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Why would Koulibaly leave Napoli and Ancellotti for united in January 

We are not buying anyone, But if he did leave it would be because of the racist chants he received can't blame the lad if he did.

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

For the money, honey. He'll likely double his wages and will play in proper footy stadiums full of fans instead of half empty athletics stadiums. The league is competitive too, unlike in Italy where Juventus always win it.

Edited by champers

42 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Money; chance to play in Premier League; chance to play for a more prestigious club; opportunity to escape the racism in Italy (he had to listen to monkey chants a couple of weeks back); many French speaking African or African origin players at our club...... Shall I go on?

He may not join in Jan, but the chances look quite promising for Jan or the summer. Pogba supported him during the racism incident by wearing sweatband with 'NO' inscribed on it the next match. Koulibaly commented on a Pogba instagtam post with the message 'see you soon bro'.

So it looks like happening I'm afraid Bob. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

You don't think we'll buy a centre back in Jan?

No, We need one but my take is the owners will not fund Ole and will fund the new manager who comes in, I hope Ole gets the job full-time but I think the board have already chosen a manager but did not expect Ole to do so good.

Maybe I should have put an emphasis on January.

You all have fair points but you don’t even have a manager. As much as players like money, you’ve got <deleted> all else to offer right now. Prestige, full stadiums....???? you do realise you are talking about the second best centre half in Europe he could get your money elsewhere with a top manager and at a club that could guarantee CL football. Going out against PSG and playing Europa next season probably not a big pull under Ole. 

1 hour ago, nev said:

No, We need one but my take is the owners will not fund Ole and will fund the new manager who comes in, I hope Ole gets the job full-time but I think the board have already chosen a manager but did not expect Ole to do so good.

Yeah it's hard to know what their plan is. Whether they are actually open to giving it to Ole, or if they have already decided on a new boss. 

January isn't the best time to blend a new centre back into the team, but if not we will be kicking ourselves every time Jones / Smalling / Bailly messes up in the second half of the season. I say go for it... a player like Koulibaly must offer some improvement, and although Lindelof has improved a lot we are still good for conceding a goal. Having said that... 2 in 2 clean sheets, and as Ole said, only one goal conceded not from a set piece!

15 hours ago, nev said:

We are not buying anyone, But if he did leave it would be because of the racist chants he received can't blame the lad if he did.

I agree, if there were a reason that would be it.  Money would not force a january exit and i also think that a shrewd manager like Carlo Ancellotti would be right on this one.

Mark Lawrenson reckons Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is going to fail his first real test as Manchester United manager at Wembley on Sunday.

Solskjaer has won his first five matches since taking over at Old Trafford as interim manager following Jose Mourinho's sacking in December.

And Lawrenson says it will be interesting to see how the Norwegian reacts to Spurs' approach, which is likely to be vastly different to Cardiff, Huddersfield et al.

He says the familiarity of Tottenham under Mauricio Pochettino should see them through, predicting a 2-1 in favour of the hosts.

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Looking at this game from all angles I think I would have to give the edge to United because of one word. Unpredictability. Tottenham have only 5 matches of film to watch heading into the game. As it’s been clearly stated by about 3/4 of the world, United haven’t played any teams of real concern. I think Ole goes into this game with the same but just different enough game plan that will catch Tottenham off guard at first. It’s definitely going to be a heck of a match but I think the unpredictability will allow United to win late on. 3-2

What else did the tea leafs tell you!!!!

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Looking at this game from all angles I think I would have to give the edge to United because of one word. Unpredictability. Tottenham have only 5 matches of film to watch heading into the game. As it’s been clearly stated by about 3/4 of the world, United haven’t played any teams of real concern. I think Ole goes into this game with the same but just different enough game plan that will catch Tottenham off guard at first. It’s definitely going to be a heck of a match but I think the unpredictability will allow United to win late on. 3-2

Crikey, how many games do we need to have watched ?

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy 'won't let Mauricio Pochettino join Manchester United... even for £50m'

I dont think Ole would mind Pochettino being his assistant 

I predict you'll be forgetting your login details tomorrow.

• Haha 2

Tottenham vs Manchester United - the key individual battles that could decide huge Premier League clash

Man Utd face the toughest test of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's tenure so far when they face Tottenham at Wembley on Sunday and these are the battles that could decide the game

Im looking for MOM display from Pogba come on lad show us what you're made of a goal or two would be nice

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Tottenham vs Manchester United - the key individual battles that could decide huge Premier League clash

Man Utd face the toughest test of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's tenure so far when they face Tottenham at Wembley on Sunday and these are the battles that could decide the game

Im looking for MOM display from Pogba come on lad show us what you're made of a goal or two would be nice

You'll need a lot more than one performance to beat us.

A defence would be a start. ????

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You'll need a lot more than one performance to beat us.

A defence would be a start. ????

Sad but true. But like they say, one of the best forms of defence is attack. I don't think we have a choice.

I like it when the opponent's are over confident and writing us off before a ball is kicked.

I am quite happy to sit back and enjoy the game win lose or draw, heyup we might even surprise Spurs we do have a decent record at Wembley.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nev said:

I like it when the opponent's are over confident and writing us off before a ball is kicked.

I am quite happy to sit back and enjoy the game win lose or draw, heyup we might even surprise Spurs we do have a decent record at Wembley.

To be fair, it's some of you lot who have been over confident, going to give us a pasting etc, been a bit quiet lately though ????

• Like 1