The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

22 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

United first-team coach Michael Carrick wrote in his autobiography how Ferguson pressed the importance of presentation and how awestruck he was as an apprentice at West Ham whenever United players arrived with their blazers on.

"At Manchester United, we took great pride in how we presented ourselves in public," Carrick wrote. "'When you're travelling through an airport, people will see you,' Sir Alex said. 'You represent the club. You wear your blazers.' The Boss wanted to send a message, that we not only looked the part, but we also meant business. That look creates an aura.

Doesn't always work.

images.jpg.25d362bf6eef2f2ab0b28b954d2a20a3.jpg

Bad day all round for the Spice Boys.

Look at their little faces. They know what's coming!

Edited by Spidey
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It's Official now 

Suited and booted! Ole Gunnar Solskjaer orders his Manchester United players to wear club suits before matches like Sir Alex Ferguson 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6591619/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-orders-Manchester-United-players-wear-club-suits-matches.html

It’s a good precedent to see. Hope other clubs follow suit (excuse the pun) As was previously said the next step should be to rid of the headphones as they are entering hotels etc and interacting with fans. Just comes across as ignorant and unnecessary. 

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

former United midfielder Paul Ince downplayed the immediate impact made by the Norwegian boss by insisting that 'anyone could have gone in and done what he has done'.

Yeah........except him ????

• Like 1

Jose Mourinho gagged by Manchester United ahead of pundit appearance on beIN SPORTS... and lawyers will be watching every word he says

Good! He has no right to talk about his time at UTD. It was depressing too watch it

After David de Gea's latest heroics in Manchester United's win over Tottenham, Sportsmail reporters have their say on who the best goalkeeper in the world is,

So who would be your top 3?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6590023/Sportsmail-reporters-say-best-goalkeeper-world-is.html

Best goalkeeper in the world is that fax machine saved United from Madrid getting the steal of this century

Edited by ChipButty

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

His appearance on BeIN will be one of most cringeworthy in history. That hairy handed fuctard and his bitter sidekick are so horribly out of touch and irrelevant it is nauseating listening. I keep reminding BeIN on twitter every week, but they won't listen. And Dick Keys has blocked me.

I'd be really surprised if he is on with Keys and Gray. There were absolutely murdering him for most of his time in charge. However... I don't doubt their ability to be two-faced and start sucking up to him 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I'd be really surprised if he is on with Keys and Gray. There were absolutely murdering him for most of his time in charge. However... I don't doubt their ability to be two-faced and start sucking up to him 

He is on with them and yep damn straight they will 

Edited by BangrakBob

Meanwhile, United are reported to be scouting 21-year-old Guingamp striker Marcus Thuram.

The France under-20 international, who has scored seven goals in 14 Ligue 1 appearances this season, is also claimed by the Sun to be of interest to Arsenal and Tottenham.

The 6ft 3ins centre-forward started off his career at Sochaux before moving to basement club Guingamp at the start of this season.

Thuram, the son of 1998 World Cup-winner Lilian, has earned rave reviews for his showings to date, with crucial goals against Saint-Étienne, Lyon and Monaco the highlights of his maiden campaign with the Brittany outfit.

Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion 

Not as easy as you might think

Previous Meetings

Brighton & Hove Albion 3—2 Manchester United

Brighton & Hove Albion 1—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—0 Brighton & Hove Albion

Manchester United 1—1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Won’t be easy. Brighton are solid enough. No reason not to pick our strongest team again with a week between each game at the moment

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion 

Not as easy as you might think

Previous Meetings

Brighton & Hove Albion 3—2 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—0 Brighton & Hove Albion

Manchester United 1—1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Won’t be easy. Brighton are solid enough. No reason not to pick our strongest team again with a week between each game at the moment

That last game against Brighton was one of the worst performances I have ever seen. One thing's for sure, it has to be better than that. 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Let's face it, there are a few candidates over the last 3-4 seasons. The more we keep playing like this though, the more we can put them behind us. 

That was my thoughts exactly, which one would you nominate for the worst performance

The latest was Liverpool 

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

That was my thoughts exactly, which one would you nominate for the worst performance

The latest was Liverpool 

It's a depressing topic to be honest mate. Yes it always hurts not playing well in the big games, but for me the most exasperating games have been when we've drawn to the smaller sides at home, and not even looked like winning. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Former Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi tipped for Tottenham transfer

Giuseppe Rossi is back training at Man Utd and is being tipped for Spurs move after the Harry Kane injury news.

Where did you read that ? the Beano or Dandy and tipped by who ?

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Fellaini is set to be the first player sold under Solskjær with mufc ready to listen to offers for him - the club want around £15m for him so they can reinvest in the squad

So they can't invest in the squad without selling BogBrush?