The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Personally - I hope we get knocked out of this competition ASAF sp as we can concentrate on the League  ????

Disagree mate, IMO we have a big squad and this comp is important to give players a run out and blood youngsters.

Keep Maguire out of the team and we seem to do alright!

On 9/3/2022 at 1:28 PM, Mavideol said:

I saw it happen to him a couple times and these couples time he missed the easy shot, these time it appears he had more luck

Looks like his luck is continuing as Sancho banged in another one tonight ????

12 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Looks like his luck is continuing as Sancho banged in another one tonight ????

He's very calm and composed in those tight areas in and around the box. Makes space for himself. Don't think any of our other wide players can offer that regularly.

Only saw the highlights but looked like we never got out of 2nd gear..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Only saw the highlights but looked like we never got out of 2nd gear..

We looked very composed throughout the match - 3 points & a clean sheet - Strongest possible line up, no underestimating the opposition & Harry back where he belongs - On the bench ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I know it's the thursday night comp but you should be watching it live.

I gotta admit, i did think the same thing, but kept my mouth shut.

No matter where i am in the world, i always make sure I'm awake & watching my boys.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I gotta admit, i did think the same thing, but kept my mouth shut.

No matter where i am in the world, i always make sure I'm awake & watching my boys.

Listen lads I usually watch the full replay the day after without knowing the score. But have a <deleted> load of work to finish before the end of the month. Just had 2 weeks off

It's bloody Sheriff give me a break! 

For the record, it was 00.45 kick off where I was. In normal circumstances would be tempting

26 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Some of us aren't retired!

I still have to get up at 6:30am every morning to take my daughter to school.

The other night in the not the thursday night comp ???? I went for a nap at 11pm, woke up at 1:45, watched the footy, went to bed at 4am and up at 6:30am. Hate those kick off times but I just gotta watch it live

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I still have to get up at 6:30am every morning to take my daughter to school.

The other night in the not the thursday night comp ???? I went for a nap at 11pm, woke up at 1:45, watched the footy, went to bed at 4am and up at 6:30am. Hate those kick off times but I just gotta watch it live

I feel no guilt whatsoever with watching full replay the next day without knowing the score.

This month however I gotta pay the bills so wouldn't have had time the next day.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I feel no guilt whatsoever with watching full replay the next day without knowing the score.

This month however I gotta pay the bills so wouldn't have had time the next day.

I get it. You're one of those touristy type fans. You don't have a cockney accent do you by chance ????

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I get it. You're one of those touristy type fans. You don't have a cockney accent do you by chance ????

I think we've been through my background enough times when Bredbury used to post.

However if you have anything against cockney reds you might want to take that up with Red Army. And I know he is a proper red 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RickG16 said:

However if you have anything against cockney reds you might want to take that up with Red Army. And I know he is a proper red 

Old school Cockney Red & well respected amongst older Reds up & down the country - The Manchester boys always respected us as we were at the forefront of many a battle back in the day - We came across many opposition fans at Euston Station & had many battles even before we boarded our train - Good times & good memories.

On 9/17/2022 at 11:52 AM, mrbojangles said:

Has it never struck you that even though you are successful, not many people outside Stockport actually want to support City.

I mean considering the past few years, it's actually pathetic how much of a national / international fanbase you have. 

On 9/26/2022 at 7:50 PM, RickG16 said:

Dalot scoring two goals (with his left foot!), Bruno getting one, Eriksen running the show vs the world champions.

Ronaldo and Maguire struggling.

Seems like you can't disguise club form. 

agree with you.... why Southgate selected Maguire and Shaw still a mistery but he's the man in charge.

Maguire originated counter attack by Germany for the 2nd goal not mention the 2st when Maguire faulted the guy to a penalty kick but Shaw was involved on the loss of the ball as well, great players MU has there

Remember Mr Knighton?

United was up for grabs for just 12 million. Can't tell me that with a bit or organisation the fans couldn't have bought the club. There was 60k of them at every home game. Just 200 squids apiece. At the very least they could have gotten a controlling interest.

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Remember Mr Knighton?

United was up for grabs for just 12 million. Can't tell me that with a bit or organisation the fans couldn't have bought the club. There was 60k of them at every home game. Just 200 squids apiece. At the very least they could have gotten a controlling interest.

Ken Bates bought Chelsea for 1 Pound and Chelsea recently got sold for 4500000000 Pounds