The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Are you saying "lost in translation" ?

Mate... think about it. The 'n' word which you refer to, that has changed form, originated from a derogatory word. It was flipped on its head and used as a way of showing solidarity or strength.

This word literally comes straight from the word for the colour. It doesn't originate from a word which was used for oppression.

Make sense?

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Mate... think about it. The 'n' word which you refer to, that has changed form, originated from a derogatory word. It was flipped on its head and used as a way of showing solidarity or strength.

This word literally comes straight from the word for the colour. It doesn't originate from a word which was used for oppression.

Make sense?

I know what the origin is and the "justification" for using it as it has been used as a defense previously. Do you think the FA will buy it this time because I don't think they've bought it in the past

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I know what the origin is and the "justification" for using it as it has been used as a defense previously. Do you think the FA will buy it this time because I don't think they've bought it in the past

As Champers said, I don't have much faith in the FA.

58 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Make sense?

If only you were there to argue for Suarez. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I concur with all of that and that was the rationale used against Silva. The only part I disagree with is the last bit as for some reason Silva only got 1 match ban.

The 3 match minimum ban is a new FA rule, brought in after the Silva episode. I read it on the BBC Sport website yesterday. BLM, taking a knee etc, etc might have had some impact on the rule.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

What do you think, Jonny Evans back to United 75% say no 

During Maguire's bad patch people were saying he is no better than Evans. Now it is OK to say Maguire is a decent player without being lynched, I would make the point that Evans is no better than Maguire! 

Comon CB... let's have your predicted 11 for tonight... not who you want to play, but who you think Ole will play....

Poor management by ogs ... It was plain as daylight that Fred was gonna see a red...should have yanked him off at half time or b4... Still .. u had enuf chances to win.. however.. tonight I thought you were beaten by a better team... But you live to fight another day..  just a thought ...I often wonder at this time in the champions lge is it better to fall into the Europa lge .. which realistically you stand a chance of winning,  whereas goin through to the last 16 a hard draw .. you then lose and thats your European season over.. had the train of thought with spurs b4... Anyways ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Picked an exciting side but should have taken Fred off at half-time when he was fortunate to stay on. Substitutions came on when United were down to 10 men

Can't argue with that but Fred was actually having a good game... still, taking it off was the sensible thing to do.

Had easily enough chances to win that game, what a chip by Cavani. I think Martial should be practicing shooting with his right foot for the rest of the week.

14 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Can't argue with that but Fred was actually having a good game... still, taking it off was the sensible thing to do.

Had easily enough chances to win that game, what a chip by Cavani. I think Martial should be practicing shooting with his right foot for the rest of the week.

I think the ref got that all wrong I thought a VAR cannot give a yellow card only give a straight red? the second yellow wasn't a foul he won the ball, in any case United Blew it big time

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I think the ref got that all wrong I thought a VAR cannot give a yellow card only give a straight red? the second yellow wasn't a foul he won the ball, in any case United Blew it big time

OLS blew it. His decisions or lack of probably cost you the game. Potentially expensive decisions which an experienced competent manager like Poch would not have made. 

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

We blew it but it was a game that could have gone either way, less worrying than a bad performance.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

OLS blew it. His decisions or lack of probably cost you the game. Potentially expensive decisions which an experienced competent manager like Poch would not have made. 

I reckon most managers would have taken him off but there were arguments to keep him on... The most obvious one being he was having a good game.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I reckon most managers would have taken him off but there were arguments to keep him on... The most obvious one being he was having a good game.

You cant take somebody off just coz he's on a yellow card, SAF never did it 

42 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You cant take somebody off just coz he's on a yellow card, SAF never did it 

Huh... If that's what you think why did you say this:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Picked an exciting side but should have taken Fred off at half-time when he was fortunate to stay on. Substitutions came on when United were down to 10 men

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Time to make use of squad rotation, so we don't risk unnecessary injuries. Fred is out for Leipzig, so would be stupid not to play him. Rashford and Bruno need a break, and we need them at their best on Tuesday, so would start them on the bench. I would consider something like this:

DDG
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Telles
Matic - Fred
Greenwood - VDB - Martial
Cavani

Although I wouldn't be against swapping in Pogba for either VDB or Matic.