The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why would it. It seems obvious we will put out a weak side and getting knocked out could be seen as a bonus. 

I don't remember them ever putting out a weak team for the Thursday night comp unless it was a dead rubber and you were already through. It's still a much needed revenue stream

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't remember them ever putting out a weak team for the Thursday night comp unless it was a dead rubber and you were already through. It's still a much needed revenue stream

Depends how you define a weak team. I expect a few from the first choice XI at any particular time to be benched, but obviously it will be a chance for others on the fringes to impress.

Not turning my nose up at the comp, but we certainly shouldnt be starting the likes of Bruno, Fred and Rashford if they could do with a rest. Take it game by game and monitor the fatigue IMO

On 12/14/2020 at 12:11 AM, ChipButty said:

Borussia Dortmund have parted ways with Lucien Favre after they were beaten 5-1 at home to Stuttgart.

No Haaland and the team is falling apart. 

I see the preps are going in advance in case you get knocked out. 
Obviously OLS wants to go as far as he can in the competition as he knows at the end of the season it may save him his job so any underplaying the importance of it is just <deleted>

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

Manchester United are three transfers short of being genuine title contenders

Couple of weeks and the transfer window opens,

Dayot Upamecano, maybe not in January as RB are still in the CL, stranger things have happened in football, 

Kieran Trippier, not as daft as it sounds as backup for AWB gets forward a lot more and good at crossing, 

Saúl Ñíguez still only 26 would be my choice,

10 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I see the preps are going in advance in case you get knocked out. 
Obviously OLS wants to go as far as he can in the competition as he knows at the end of the season it may save him his job so any underplaying the importance of it is just <deleted>

Why is it so hard to understand? We are two points off the lead in the Premier League... if we stay in the title race do you really think the Europa League will have any significance to Ole's job security? 

38 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United are three transfers short of being genuine title contenders

Couple of weeks and the transfer window opens,

Dayot Upamecano, maybe not in January as RB are still in the CL, stranger things have happened in football, 

Kieran Trippier, not as daft as it sounds as backup for AWB gets forward a lot more and good at crossing, 

Saúl Ñíguez still only 26 would be my choice,

I think Trippier is decent, not the worst signing. But also want to see Williams developing. 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why is it so hard to understand? We are two points off the lead in the Premier League... if we stay in the title race do you really think the Europa League will have any significance to Ole's job security? 

Couple of difficult games for other teams this week where someone is going to take points of someone else, United win these next 2 games then we are right up there, Thats why Ole has not been sacked,

Next Saturday is Southampton v City I fancy Southampton for that one, 

Just now, ChipButty said:

Couple of difficult games for other teams this week where someone is going to take points of someone else, United win these next 2 games then we are right up there, Thats why Ole has not been sacked,

Next Saturday is Southampton v City I fancy Southampton for that one, 

Exactly, other teams are dropping points left right and centre. We just need to find some confidence and consistency. Finding a settled formation would help IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Exactly, other teams are dropping points left right and centre. We just need to find some confidence and consistency. Finding a settled formation would help IMO

Chelsea 1 point from the last 6 games.......? look at the money they spent

15 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Chelsea 1 point from the last 6 games.......? look at the money they spent

Exactly... and I can't see many West Ham, City, Liverpool and Spurs fans on the Chelsea thread hounding Lampard.

Why? Because they aren't the biggest club in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Exactly... and I can't see many West Ham, City, Liverpool and Spurs fans on the Chelsea thread hounding Lampard.

All the Arsenal fans are on their calculators saying it's still mathematically possible to win the league

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Totally wrong,why take notice of the Manure Dunce,but it take,s two????