The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

They didn't play PSG in the last 16 with Neymar and Mbappe.  

Stop Bob, this has the makings of being hilarious!!

the sense of entitlement held by some United fans is nothing short of astonishing.

They beaten some relegation fodder and Spurs somehow contrived to lose a game they dominated....and suddenly United might win the champions league.  You just couldn't make this up!!????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, smedly said:

I'll make something up - we will beat Spurs, oh wait lol

The fact you're still trolling this forum is hard to make up, I actually think you come here for therapy directed by your head doctor - keep posting here or go back on your meds lol 

????

yes you beat Spurs off a game plan which seemed forged around De Gea and the saying "just try and hang in there and maybe we can nick a goal"

Not sure about the trolling as i seem to offer more debate than you.  Do you think your occasional appearances on here (when you win) to say something stupid is better for the thread then?

You have a tendency to mistake saying it as it is with trolling which you should address.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

I'll make something up - we will beat Spurs, oh wait lol

The fact you're still trolling this forum is hard to make up, I actually think you come here for therapy directed by your head doctor - keep posting here or go back on your meds lol 

It's the only rashford explanation I can think of

????

Smedly, I refer you to your own signature. 

Manchester United pip Real Madrid to top spot in European football rich list with revenues of £600m as UEFA report underlines how mega-money TV deals have strengthened Premier League's financial clout

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6606317/Manchester-United-pip-Real-Madrid-spot-European-football-rich-list.html

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

You have a tendency to mistake saying it as it is with trolling which you should address.

Seems to be a common theme throughout many threads. 

There are a lot of inconsistencies around this term from all sides as what one accuses someone of in their thread then seems ok when they are doing it in another. The old blinkers syndrome. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

There are a lot of inconsistencies around this term from all sides as what one accuses someone of in their thread then seems ok when they are doing it in another. The old blinkers syndrome. 

True enough.  If saying it as you see it is the new trolling then so be it. Funny though, they don't kick up when i say something in praise of United.  There lies the issue i believe.  They're just delicate wall flowers!!

Take the Mourinho situation. I was accused of trolling about that too.  Well what on earth was i suppose to say....he was doing a good job!!!  He was clearly doing a lousy job and i said so and i explained my reasoning.  They might also care to note that i am also critical of my team on more than the odd occasion.  

19 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Henry switching to Gravy Boat Sam strategy already 

He was a stupid appointment by Monaco in the first place.  He's an even worse pundit but still the best player i have seen since the premier league era.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

This is the TVF Manchester United Team forum, when someone comes here to constantly criticise the team and the supporters/posters here that contribute then that is trolling and baiting which is against forum rules, carmine posts more on here than on the Spurs forum - explain that, I don't object to a bit of jovial banter but there is a point were it becomes obsessive   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

This is the TVF Manchester United Team forum, when someone comes here to constantly criticise the team and the supporters/posters here that contribute then that is trolling and baiting which is against forum rules, carmine posts more on here than on the Spurs forum - explain that, I don't object to a bit of jovial banter but there is a point were it becomes obsessive   

You clearly have little or no idea how a public forum is used.  You come on here after United have won a few games and get all snotty when someone makes observations you don't like or agree with.  You really are a delicate wallflower.

And btw, i do not post more on here than the Spurs thread. Please don't sink to the level of telling pork pies, it's really not necessary.

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

I think you’re being a tad over sensitive. 

If all you want are your own supporters singing up the praises for your own side (I’m talking all clubs forums here) with out any outside input I think it would get very drab very quickly. 

People generally post where there is more activity and they have an opinion. Whether the end up posting more in other threads (as I obviously do)  I don’t personally see a problem with that. 

My point about the inconsistencies in the use of the term trolling in general apply to many of the football threads. I don’t see what Carmine has said as trolling or baiting, but then I see the Spurs boys accuse others of the same thing in their thread which is of a similar nature imo. Naturally  we are more sensitive when it’s said about our own side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was interesting to see how Carmine interacts with other users on the Koh Samui forum. Believe it or not, even when discussing a tropical paradise he still manages to pick fights. 

Edited by RickG16
  • Thanks 2

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.

I guess the grey area, and it’s someones judgement, is whether somebody is ”purposely saying something controversial” or just having a different opinion to the many. 

Who would be a mod eh. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

Is that not 90% of TV bloggers?? ????

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It was interesting to see how Carmine interacts with other users on the Koh Samui forum. Believe it or not, even when discussing a tropical paradise he still manages to pick fights. 

Oh come on, that's not fair.  And it's simply not the case.

Good points by Kadilo and others on the subject of 'trilling' similar to ones i have made before.

I expect we should be able to post our opinions on the various  football  threads. I also expect that people will wind up others as would happen when fans of differing teams discuss  football in the pub, work or school. I have no problem  with people takng the piss out of City but don't cry foul when i return fire. If we can't do that then the only solution is everyone sticks to their own thread only but that would  be boring.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Henry switching to Gravy Boat Sam strategy already 

More like assembling half the Belgium squad in Monaco. Has Tielemans and Chadli, wants Batshuyi and Fellaini. And the thing is they want to play for him too, even though they are bottom 3 in Ligue 1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Stop Bob, this has the makings of being hilarious!!

the sense of entitlement held by some United fans is nothing short of astonishing.

They beaten some relegation fodder and Spurs somehow contrived to lose a game they dominated....and suddenly United might win the champions league.  You just couldn't make this up!!????

if this is not a baiting trolling post then I don't know what is

• Like 1

A threatening post and response and have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If you believe that to be true just report his posts and if correct, the mods will agree. Job done. 

Kadilo it seems West Ham are a fairly decent side these days. Have the fans actually settled into the new stadium better, or are they still pining for Upton Park?

And how is Chicharito doing?