The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Nottingham's a great city. 

I done some damage there mate 5 women to 1 guy years ago Madisons night club on a Friday night OMG! 

I used to be a DJ and sometimes I would do  gig there wall to wall pussy in my Ford Capri 3ltr E bye the way

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

7 years there...loved it and never thought I'd leave. Mushy peas and mint sauce, Home and Shipstones to name two (both sadly dead breweries), RockCity. Have to take the family to meet Robin Hood (name of my local) next time we're over there.

And the Old Trip... or something like that... supposedly oldest pub in the world. Good beer.

Excellent by United.  Ceded possession and looked to have a very sound tactical game plan..  Thats a weak defense at best that cannot cope being attacked with pace.  Ole just seems to be doing the opposite to everything Mourinho did!!!

I think we can all acknowledge now that the transformation is well under way. Ole's doing very well.

Manchester United player ratings: Jesse Lingard and Paul Pogba superb vs Arsenal

Man Utd vs Arsenal ended in an eighth successive win for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the FA Cup fourth round tie at the Emirates Stadium.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-player-ratings-arsenal-15734993

29 minutes ago, nev said:

But but but it's only Arsenal.

To be fair mate, this is the one that proves the point. Basically because you not only won away against a top six side but you won it on merit and not simply by the brilliance of de Gea.  (I'd already acknowledged this before i read your post.)  And yet again, possession proves to be a worthless stat, especially if your game plan distastes you not even wanting much of it.

Pogba, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku, Martial and Sanchez have 19 goals between them in a month under Solskjaer. 

Goals being pretty evenly spread...not sure how many assists as well but it must be a lot.

Jose must be kicking himself...the talent was right under his nose

It's not perfect but imagine if we can 2-3 quality signings in the summer to add to this....would love to see Neves in this midfield along with Pogba.

Those counter attacks are just beautiful to watch.....give me that any day rather than 44 f @ king passes

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

To be fair mate, this is the one that proves the point. Basically because you not only won away against a top six side but you won it on merit and not simply by the brilliance of de Gea.  (I'd already acknowledged this before i read your post.)  And yet again, possession proves to be a worthless stat, especially if your game plan distastes you not even wanting much of it.

Hats off to you mate you are right what good is all that possession if you dont do anything with it,

Last night was not just a smash and grab united won fare and square 

PSG will not be to happy facing this United team

Scott McTominay scores for Manchester United Reserves against Paris Saint-Germain

Man Utd midfielder Scott McTominay is playing for the Reserves as they face Paris Saint-Germain in the Premier League International Cup.

Big shout out to our fans last night Just imagine if another 4,000 had got the tickets that was wrongly taken off us, According to Arsenal fans the loudest they have seen at the Emirates in years.

We came, we saw, we conquered. That was a United trip to Arsenal of days gone by as we executed a perfect counter-attacking game plan to win our way into the next round.

It was an end-to-end game at times and there could have been a lot more goals, but we ran out deserved winners. We defended better than they did (although unconvincing at times) and going forward we were a class above. The entire front line played brilliantly, with Pogba and Lukaku not on the score sheet but putting in top performances.

That's EIGHT wins on the bounce for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. When was the last time we did that? The Fergie days I'm sure. It really is hard to believe the transformation we've undergone since Ole came in. What a turn around!

Roll on the 5th Round. Our season's cup run has well and truly started...

Match Stats

Possession
Arsenal 63%
Man Utd 37%

We won't get credit until we beat the following:

- The Hurricanes,
- Pep's Barcelona
- The German Army team with the dodgy ref from Escape to Victory
- A 'Mortal Kombat' style round where we have to beat an identical team of ourselves, but with a slightly different coloured kit
- The PNE invicibles team from 1888-89
- A cheat team from Premier Manager (Amiga Game) where all the players have been set to max stats

But Brucy and Ince could probably oversee all those victories by just hanging around the dressing room

The current regime has United running through it like Blackpool rock.

No point in disturbing what we have. Pochettino, as good as he is, is not as good as this.

Better the devil you know and this one is pretty damn good!

WWWWWWWW.Ole.com

Just a point on Ole doing so good right now I say right now as this could all go tits up but my point is, Who would want to come in and take over you would be thinking how can I come and improve on what Ole is doing, Whoever comes in if Ole does not get the job will be in for a hiding if results go tits up.

3 minutes ago, nev said:

WWWWWWWW.Ole.com

Just a point on Ole doing so good right now I say right now as this could all go tits up but my point is, Who would want to come in and take over you would be thinking how can I come and improve on what Ole is doing, Whoever comes in if Ole does not get the job will be in for a hiding if results go tits up.

Both Ron Atkinson and Wes Brown said the same on MUTV last night, how could any manager in the world do any better?

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Both Ron Atkinson and Wes Brown said the same on MUTV last night, how could any manager in the world do any better?

Don't have MUTV but I am glad they are saying the exact same thing, Give Ole the job now and back him in the transfer market.

1 minute ago, nev said:

Don't have MUTV but I am glad they are saying the exact same thing, Give Ole the job now and back him in the transfer market.

Ron said when Ole was at Molde he would not even get job managing Aston Villa you can bet every club in the world wants him now, as long as he dont join city along with a few other snakes I could mention

10 minutes ago, nev said:

It's really good and good value 69 Baht a month I think cheaper now if you pay the yearly fee

Good entertaining match to watch. Arsenal look like they are striving to play how United are now playing but they don’t have the final edge. 

It looked to me like Lukaku had shed a bit of weight and looked a lot more mobile. 

18 hours ago, RickG16 said:

And the Old Trip... or something like that... supposedly oldest pub in the world. Good beer.

Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem , 1189, built in to the rock face below the castle,  is one of the pubs that claims to be the oldest pub in England. In the upstairs room you'd best stand with your hand covering the top of your pint to stop the falling sandstone getting in your beer.

guys,

would you allow me a daft question or two

I'm Norwegian, not particularly interested in football, I watch some world championship matches every 4 years.

I have problems understanding why OGS enjoys the popularity he does.

In my job before, I constantly travelled the planet. All over Africa, all over South America and Pacific and Asia,

not to mention Europe, for years and years.

Remotest small places in Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Viet Nam.

You know, idle bar talk, the odd exchange of words with a pump attendant or hotel receptionist, whatever.

Where are you from? America? Germany? No, I am from Norway.

Ahhh! broad smile Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!!! Happens all over the planet.

He is the most famous Norwegian ever, hands down.

We were first on the South Pole, first on the North Pole, first through the NorthWestPassage,

have some pretty famous authors. they are all peanuts compared to OGS.

As far as I gather he is a likeable chap.

He is (was) a reasonably good football player, but never close to a godsend.

What is it that makes him so incredibly popular?

(I'm at a loss here really, would be happy with any light shed.)

37 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

What is it that makes him so incredibly popular?

(I'm at a loss here really, would be happy with any light shed.)

As you say, very likable chap. Also scored a number of important goals for us. Not least of which was the winning goal in the 1999 Champions League final, in the dying seconds of the game. Will live in the memories of United fans for all time.

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. I'm a man city fan and i don't understand it also. I think it could be he is one of those players the fans really identify  with, like zabaleta for City fans. Over to you Reds for (sensible) explanation.

2. MM - Is ole well liked in norway? Hero status?

yes, very well liked, no hero status no, not at all I would say

(we have a couple of other football "legends" also)

10 hours ago, balo said:

Ole Ole Ole, you should give him a lifetime contract. The new Fergie in the making. 

With the recent slump and the over a decade failure to win trophies, maybe a larndon team might be keeping an eye open to signing him up - after all he'd be cheap from Molde.????

Archived