The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I didnt watch the game Im just reading now and it seems Blind had a good game

Lindelof this year has been excellent. He is like a bigger version of Blind. Him and Blind would have made a good partnership (and Blind and Smalling had a good partnership, with Lindelof and Smalling making a good one). Three CBs who while not great are quite good and reliable. 

But instead we kept Rojo and Jones. Cause Mourinho is a <deleted> idiot.

Blind is a holding midfielder only Mourinio used him out of position as a defender, Was sad to see him go I am sure he would have featured more with Ole in charge.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nev said:

Blind is a holding midfielder only Mourinio used him out of position as a defender, Was sad to see him go I am sure he would have featured more with Ole in charge.

Daley Blind is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder, left-back and centre-back for Ajax and the Netherlands national team

Centre-Back 33 games

Left-Back 5

Defensive Midfield 2

Central Midfield 1

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms contract with Norwegian club Molde has expired

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed he is no longer contracted to Molde

The fan favourite joined on a deal until the end of the season 2018-19 season

The intention was for Solskjaer to return to his role at the Molde helm in May

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6775453/Manchester-United-boss-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-confirms-contract-Norwegian-club-Molde-expired.html

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms contract with Norwegian club Molde has expired

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed he is no longer contracted to Molde

The fan favourite joined on a deal until the end of the season 2018-19 season

The intention was for Solskjaer to return to his role at the Molde helm in May

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6775453/Manchester-United-boss-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-confirms-contract-Norwegian-club-Molde-expired.html

Molde confirmed they still have contract with Ole ????

3 hours ago, nev said:

Was sad to see him go 

Surprised you say that mate. I thought Blind was a great guy, and solid all rounder. But too small to be a centre back, to slow to be a full back, and without the range of passing needed to be a top top central midfielder.

However there is an argument he could do better than Fred at the min!... Fred's had a couple of games in a row now, so let's see if he can keep improving. 

55 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Surprised you say that mate. I thought Blind was a great guy, and solid all rounder. But too small to be a centre back, to slow to be a full back, and without the range of passing needed to be a top top central midfielder.

However there is an argument he could do better than Fred at the min!... Fred's had a couple of games in a row now, so let's see if he can keep improving. 

He was a nice lad and when he left their was a few that should have been shipped out before him, Yes agree on Fred he is not worth 52 million and rumor is he was a Woodward signing and we got shafted with the price.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Not going to stay up, will watch the replay tomorrow.

I'm going with my heart... famous win, 3-1 on away goals. 

I thinking about a certain player bye the name of Wayne Rooney on his debut scoring a hatrick in the champions league ok that was at OT can one of these young guys step up to the task? My heart also goes with a win with no extra time as we have arsenal Sunday 

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I thinking about a certain player bye the name of Wayne Rooney on his debut scoring a hatrick in the champions league ok that was at OT can one of these young guys step up to the task? My heart also goes with a win with no extra time as we have arsenal Sunday 

I would love to think so mate. But I don't think the likes of Greenwood and Chong will start the game. There might be an opportunity for a Macheda style cameo though!

53 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I would love to think so mate. But I don't think the likes of Greenwood and Chong will start the game. There might be an opportunity for a Macheda style cameo though!

Rooney didn't start the game

On 3/3/2019 at 10:49 AM, ChipButty said:

13 wins and 2 draws domestically (cup and league) since Ole took over. I fancied us to drop points on Weds or today with the injuries we have, but he's changed the mindset and got players playing as they should do. Even the reserves are in tune and have stepped up to the plate.

It's not rocket science, but it's amazing what happens to confidence when you don't spend your press conferences telling the world what useless <deleted> your players are 'cos you didn't get another 90 mil in the summer.

Ole Solskjaer's Top of the League (PL points since taking over)

Screen-Shot-2019-03-06-at-09.27.33.png

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Even Mrs BB gets up to watch the games, you wuz!

My phone notifies me when the game is started it's on the side of the bed next to me

I think I'll put my Rooney shirt on tonight hopefully good luck

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Until the season consists of 12 games that is meaningless

It's a good indicator of what the table will look like next season, assuming we keep Ole and make a couple of wise buys in the summer.

Be afraid, be very afraid....you're going back to the obscurity from whence you came.

58 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It's a good indicator of what the table will look like next season, assuming we keep Ole and make a couple of wise buys in the summer.

Be afraid, be very afraid....you're going back to the obscurity from whence you came.

Give over will ya! Back to being cocky again you lot since ole walked across the north sea, when before he arrived most of you, including  you spudey, were in hiding. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to watch the match on tv in Thailand tonight? My old apartment had a Vietnamese station called K+ PM which seemed to show CL matches.

Now, though, my new apartment doesn't have that channel. Instead, I have a PSI Sat box with a fairly limited range of stations. If it was possible to tune K+ PM into PSI Sat boxesI'd do that but I've looked around online and I don't think it's possible to get that station. 

Can I stream the match on goal.com? My internet download speed is pretty poor; it's like 10mb/s.

1 hour ago, somtum16 said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to watch the match on tv in Thailand tonight? My old apartment had a Vietnamese station called K+ PM which seemed to show CL matches.

Now, though, my new apartment doesn't have that channel. Instead, I have a PSI Sat box with a fairly limited range of stations. If it was possible to tune K+ PM into PSI Sat boxesI'd do that but I've looked around online and I don't think it's possible to get that station. 

Can I stream the match on goal.com? My internet download speed is pretty poor; it's like 10mb/s.

Forget it go to bed

Archived