The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

What a great run, particularly over the festive period which made this game a free hit. Just a shame Klopp didn’t go for it with an attacking midfield. 

Played City home and away and a good run of fixtures to come. You’d have taken 4 points clear at the beginning of December. 

• Like 2

That game could have gone either way, very evenly matched teams and great to watch. Didn’t think there would be 22 players left on the pitch at the end though, some juicy tackles from both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

City's midfield bossed it, more desire.  We went back to the old system and trusty midfield but it's not quick or attacking enough, chance missed to have a go there. 

Their midfield is quite phenomenal isn't it.  And they have so much cover for injuries it's stupid.  Bernardo Silva has an incredible engine and of course Fernandinho who you might have wanted to stick the boot on because the difference to City when he's not playing is very visible and there lies the flaw or as close as you are going to get to one.  (You are all aware of my views of their full backs which were immediately exposed in his absence.) Then throw in the others available and its just mental.  I totally agree with Neville when he said both Liverpool and City are on a different level to Spurs and i don't buy into the "well look at the table" crap.  We're merely punching above our weight and have nowhere near the strengths of City and to a slightly lesser extent Liverpool.  We can lay claim to possibly being the best of the rest but we'll see.  Liverpool proved that head to head they are a match for City but is there the squad depth to match them?

Regards the game i thought City showed why they are champions and Liverpool were slightly unlucky with the rub of the green, but as i've said, that game was played at a slightly different level.  City's main strength lies in their phenomenal depth which will kick in more and more as the season progresses.  I would expect them to try and get cover for Fernandinho though.  

What did you pay for Robertson btw? 8m!!  When i see what City have paid for their left and right side i think their scouts needs a hefty kick in the <deleted>!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bottled that I'm afraid.

Of course they didn't, it was a game won and lost on the basis of very fine margins but can you imagine the press and this forum if we had lost a game like that!!!  other sides lose games, we bottle it.  

All that Spursy rubbish that Pochettino has proven to be such a stupid empty slogan and i for one an so bored with it and its total lack of imagination.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

City's midfield bossed it, more desire.  We went back to the old system and trusty midfield but it's not quick or attacking enough, chance missed to have a go there. 

Too harsh Bob.  Certainly from a neutrals perspective.  They deserved it is all, and lets face it, they are rather good.  No european team is going to want to play either of you in the CL.

48 minutes ago, carmine said:

Too harsh Bob.  Certainly from a neutrals perspective.  They deserved it is all, and lets face it, they are rather good.  No european team is going to want to play either of you in the CL.

Yeah I just wished we’d went with a bit more of an attacking set-up as we had the points space. 

That said, we had 3 shots cleared off the line and a spectacularly Aguero finish did it. So perhaps a bit harsh. 

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah I just wished we’d went with a bit more of an attacking set-up as we had the points space. 

That said, we had 3 shots cleared off the line and a spectacularly Aguero finish did it. So perhaps a bit harsh. 

That magnificent finish by Aguero switched the momentum of the game.  World class that was.  That and the human engine that is Bernardo Silva.  

• Like 2

Dom Solanke off to Bournemouth for 19 million. No idea how much we paid Chelsea for him but probably not more than 5m. 

Could argue he never had a run in the side but to be fair, he didn't over impress me when he did play. Rhian Brewster will be fit soon. Nearly 3 years younger and looks a better prospect. Not to mention Glatzel and Duncan coming through. 

Clyne also gone to AFCB on loan.

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 7:28 AM, wilai said:

Dom Solanke off to Bournemouth for 19 million. No idea how much we paid Chelsea for him but probably not more than 5m. 

Could argue he never had a run in the side but to be fair, he didn't over impress me when he did play. Rhian Brewster will be fit soon. Nearly 3 years younger and looks a better prospect. Not to mention Glatzel and Duncan coming through. 

Clyne also gone to AFCB on loan.

Yes Clyne off to AFCB and you managed to really upset Colin at Cardiff as well.  Well done!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few observations from Brighton game, Henderson is not dynamic for this set up, too negative. Shaqiri is not on same wavelength as most others. Both are off the pace of this well oiled machine.

Have Liverpool got anyone in this window?

Is Ox still injured?

3 hours ago, hackjam said:

Just a few observations from Brighton game, Henderson is not dynamic for this set up, too negative. Shaqiri is not on same wavelength as most others. Both are off the pace of this well oiled machine.

Have Liverpool got anyone in this window?

Is Ox still injured?

I thought Henderson had a good game, I often don't and agree with your point but against Brighton I thought he managed the game well.

No incomings as yet, only out.

Oxlade should be back in March 

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

If only we had Brazil's starting RB as cover......oh wait????????

I hope he can play CB and RB at the same time???? NB. Aware Matip is back but he might sneeze or something between now and next week.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 1

Robbo's signed up for another 5 years, future looks good;

Alisson - 2024

Robertson - 2024

Van Dijk - 2023

Joe Gomez - 2024

Ox-Chamberlain -2022

Fabinho - 2023

Keita -2023

Salah - 2023

Mane - 2023

Firmino -2023

Shaqiri - 2023

Jurgen Klopp - 2022

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Trent signs a new long term deal ????

Although there is no doubt Robertson is a fantastic talent. For me, TTA is the jewel in the crown amongst young talent today. The beauty is these lads are Liverpool through and through and it shows. 

The sooner Southgate switches on too the better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Although there is no doubt Robertson is a fantastic talent. For me, TTA is the jewel in the crown amongst young talent today. The beauty is these lads are Liverpool through and through and it shows. 

The sooner Southgate switches on too the better. 

I actually enjoy Robertson's style a bit more, old school terrier-like and he defends better than TAA. TAA is suspect on the turn, going forward he is fantastic, bearing in mind his age, he is incredible. 

He was supposed to be destined for a central midfield attacking role which I think he would really excel in, but I'm not sure he will get a chance there with more incoming midfield talent in the summer.