The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No we are jamming all comms with the Argies hehehe....except at Tottenham....bring us Lo Celso or Buenos Aries is toast!!

Batting down the hatches!!! I hope Lo Celso arrives! That would make four Argies with Spurs if my math is right, not counting Pochy.

Lost 2-3 to BVB. Wilson and Brewster with the goals. All three of their's were against the reserves defence b4 VVD/TAA and Robertson etc came on. All were sloppy but looked a good game until my internet went dodgy. Fabinho/Wilson looked the pick. Brewster only on for last half hour but took his penalty well #anotherstringtohisbow?....Still a better result than last year against them????

Young american kid played very well for BVB. Name was Gio Reyna. Citeh lads may remember his old man, Claudio.

Sevilla game is on early doors tomorrow. 05:00 am kick off Thai time. LFCTV, Astro SS2, beIN MENA 2/11 and the Argies have all scheduled it. The early morning walk around the lake will have to be delayed Thaiwrath????

If that was a pre-season friendly, God help RM/Barca et al when they play Sevilla in a serious game. Shocking tackles/elbows, the works. One red card and should have been three. Larouci stretchered off. Hopefully leg isn't broken.

Anyway, lost 2-1 with Origi getting the goal.

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

If that was a pre-season friendly, God help RM/Barca et al when they play Sevilla in a serious game. Shocking tackles/elbows, the works. One red card and should have been three. Larouci stretchered off. Hopefully leg isn't broken.

Anyway, lost 2-1 with Origi getting the goal.

It didn't look good the way the physio was holding on to Larouci's knee when they loaded him on the stretcher.

On 7/22/2019 at 7:20 AM, jellydog said:

It didn't look good the way the physio was holding on to Larouci's knee when they loaded him on the stretcher.

Latest news is promising. Just heavy bruising on the bone so hopefully 2/3 weeks out.

07:00 Thursday v Sporting Lisbon. Not currently advertised on Astro SS but if your box can pick up beIN France channels, beIN 1 will have it as will beIN MENA and of course JD's Argie channel!

19 minutes ago, wilai said:

Latest news is promising. Just heavy bruising on the bone so hopefully 2/3 weeks out.

07:00 Thursday v Sporting Lisbon. Not currently advertised on Astro SS but if your box can pick up beIN France channels, beIN 1 will have it as will beIN MENA and of course JD's Argie channel!

Good news about that lad's knee.

I won't be taking in the Sporting Lisbon match as it will conflict with Boca Juniors in the Copa Libertadores! 

And more South America football news-a game in Colombia recently was interrupted five times with different dogs on the pitch, and one of the dogs opted to pinch a loaf. Never a dull moment!:)

LFC 2 SL 2. Another uninspiring display to be honest despite fielding an experienced side for first 60 mins. Controlled most of the game but SL were always dangerous on the break. Origi/Gini with the goals. Gini the best player but that Fernandes guy looks v good. Hope Man U don't get him!

LFC 0-3 Napoli. One word.....atrocious! Very poor in all areas and no-one stood out. Overtrained and knackered? or just complacent? No punch or creativity up front and, if we defend our right flank like that at the weekend, Sane will have a field day! Massive improvement needed.????

2 hours ago, wilai said:

LFC 0-3 Napoli. One word.....atrocious! Very poor in all areas and no-one stood out. Overtrained and knackered? or just complacent? No punch or creativity up front and, if we defend our right flank like that at the weekend, Sane will have a field day! Massive improvement needed.????

Was it a strong line up Wilai?

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Was it a strong line up Wilai?

Most of the experienced players started so no excuses. Positioning was naff though owing to the unavailability of the front three ie Gini playing as a wide forward. TAA had no cover whatsoever but still bombed forward all the time. Matip didn't get close enough to cover either so insigne had half the pitch to himself at times. All three goals came as a result of losing possession in midfield and Insigne being freed in space down our right.

We are going to get pumped by City next week. 

The importance of pre-season in Klopp's system and for fitness is not to be underestimated. 

Off the back of a World Cup, it was a long season, and the AFCON boys and Copa boys had to go again. 

Reckon we are few weeks away getting it together. And apparently broke so new incomings ????

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

We are going to get pumped by City next week. 

No mate. I don't think Aguero, Ederson, Jesus, Mahrez, Otamendi and 4 others are even back at City yet, let alone match fit. They haven't been part of the pre-season friendlies

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

No mate. I don't think Aguero, Ederson, Jesus, Mahrez, Otamendi and 4 others are even back at City yet, let alone match fit. They haven't been part of the pre-season friendlies

The magic roundabout sets sail again. We don't have the same depth mate. So obvious in our pre-season farce.

We're not signing a single player this summer after such a successful campaign, we are not strengthening because apparently we don't have the funds to do so. We have to balance the books. 

47 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The magic roundabout sets sail again. We don't have the same depth mate. So obvious in our pre-season farce.

We're not signing a single player this summer after such a successful campaign, we are not strengthening because apparently we don't have the funds to do so. We have to balance the books. 

But BBob, how about that 12 year old striker with the bad haircut you signed? I hear he's off the bottle and raring to go.:biggrin:

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I like Klopp but he does come out with some stupid comments at times.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I like Klopp but he does come out with some stupid comments at times.

When he says it like it is, PSG and City have a bottomless pit? ????

It makes sense from the point of view that we'd have paid huge bonuses for the CL win. We've spent a a decent amount in the past 2 seasons. 

However, it doesn't make sense from a net spend point of view and revenue received for CL and TV.

I still believe we need a LB back up, a creative midfielder and a striker. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

When he says it like it is, PSG and City have a bottomless pit? ????

It makes sense from the point of view that we'd have paid huge bonuses for the CL win. We've spent a a decent amount in the past 2 seasons. 

However, it doesn't make sense from a net spend point of view and revenue received for CL and TV.

I still believe we need a LB back up, a creative midfielder and a striker. 

He also said Barca and RM not just City and PSG

As for saying like it is, maybe in his mind but not in reality. He's still talking like it was a decade ago. Even Gary Neville understands the current situation:-

Man Utd legend Gary Neville praises 'measured' Man City transfer window approach

Manchester City's  decision not to pay over the odds for targets has gone down well with Sky pundit Gary Neville

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/man-city-transfers-gary-neville-15775558

4 hours ago, wilai said:

LFC v Lyon is midnight Thai time. No live listing for Astro SS2 at the moment but they are showing it 'delayed' tomorrow at 8am. LFCTV, Canal+, beIN MENA 2/11 are showing it live.

I hope to see some sharpness returning. Far from ready for this season. 

I'll be watching on cricfree. Or if anyone knows a better stream.  My M.E. days are numbered, so no beIN for me anymore wilers

47 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I hope to see some sharpness returning. Far from ready for this season. 

I'll be watching on cricfree. Or if anyone knows a better stream.  My M.E. days are numbered, so no beIN for me anymore wilers

Agree Bob. Dull as ditchwater so far! I can get Canal + on my box so if the thunderstorms and power cuts stop by midnight, I'll put up with French commentary. If not, I'll watch at 8am without knowing the score.

A win at last!???? 3-1 against a strong Lyon side that turned Arsenal over the other day at The Emirates. Firmino an OG and a typical Wilson cracker were the scorers. No real leads as to the side for the weekend but, if picked on form, there will be a few surprises (youngsters). JK will probably revert to the tried and trusted though. Harvey Elliott looks a fantastic prospect.

One last thing....Hopefully Alisson has got his once a year brainfart out of the way already...the bloody idiot!

"He has bothered me because he is wrong" Pep. Upset by facts. 

Net spends of top 6, since June 2016:

• Man City - £399m

• Man Utd - £375m

• Arsenal - £250m

• Chelsea - £136m

• Liverpool - £72m

• Spurs - £69m

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

"He has bothered me because he is wrong" Pep. Upset by facts. 

"Yeah it bothers me because it is not true that we have spent £200m every transfer market," Guardiola said ahead of Sunday's match at Wembley.

"Also it's Liverpool - 'you'll never walk alone' - it's not a small team.

"Of course I don't like it because it's not true. Last season we spent [net] £17m on just one player.

"Two seasons ago when I spent a lot, it's because I took over the team with 10 or 11 players over the age of 30 - you have to [replace them].

"But we can't spend £200m every season. For example, Liverpool spent over £200m last season, and they can't do it this season. For us it is the same.

Archived