The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Journos have picked up on it now. His agent is some piece of work....another example just tweeted to Jamie Carragher. Guy's name is Saif Rubie is/was based in Dubai and has already been suspended in the past by the FA. Talk about throwing your client under a bus!

You talking about the glorified data analyst Michael Edwards? The one who doesn't even know that

is a midfielder not a centre forward. Goes to show how much he knows. Oh and he doesn't give a <deleted> about a young players well-being more importantly.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:40 AM, wilai said:

Journos have picked up on it now. His agent is some piece of work....another example just tweeted to Jamie Carragher. Guy's name is Saif Rubie is/was based in Dubai and has already been suspended in the past by the FA. Talk about throwing your client under a bus!

You talking about the glorified data analyst Michael Edwards? The one who doesn't even know that

is a midfielder not a centre forward. Goes to show how much he knows. Oh and he doesn't give a <deleted> about a young players well-being more importantly.

Dubai based, says enough, stereotypical expat <deleted> ????

4 hours ago, wilai said:

Alisson won the top keeper award,

Virgil van Dijk of Liverpool with the 2018/19 UEFA Men's Player of the Year trophy

Ok now i understand.

Award shortlists

Goalkeeper of the Season: Alisson Becker, Hugo Lloris, Marc-André ter Stegen
Defender of the Season: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Matthijs de Ligt, Virgil van Dijk
Midfielder of the Season: Frenkie de Jong, Christian Eriksen, Jordan Henderson
Forward of the Season: Sadio Mané, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo

Winners

UEFA Women's Player of the Year: Lucy Bronze
Goalkeeper of the Season: Alisson Becker
Defender of the Season: Virgil van Dijk
Midfielder of the Season: Frenkie de Jong
Forward of the Season: Lionel Messi

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Award shortlists

Goalkeeper of the Season: Alisson Becker, Hugo Lloris, Marc-André ter Stegen

Complete List for you.

Goalkeeper of the Season voting*

1 Alisson Becker (Liverpool)  – 334 points
2 Marc-André ter Stegen (Barcelona) – 136 points
3 Hugo Lloris (Tottenham) – 105 points
4 Jan Oblak (Atlético) – 36 points
5 André Onana (Ajax) – 28 points
6 Ederson (Manchester City) – 20 points
7 Samir Handanović (Inter) – 3 points
8= Wojciech Szczęsny (Juventus) – 2 points
8= David de Gea (Manchester United) – 2 points

*Only nine goalkeepers were voted for

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Complete List for you.

Goalkeeper of the Season voting*

1 Alisson Becker (Liverpool)  – 334 points
2 Marc-André ter Stegen (Barcelona) – 136 points
3 Hugo Lloris (Tottenham) – 105 points
4 Jan Oblak (Atlético) – 36 points
5 André Onana (Ajax) – 28 points
6 Ederson (Manchester City) – 20 points
7 Samir Handanović (Inter) – 3 points
8= Wojciech Szczęsny (Juventus) – 2 points
8= David de Gea (Manchester United) – 2 points

*Only nine goalkeepers were voted for

Thanks. These being the very creditable awards that did not include Bernardo Silva (Best 2 players in the PL last season VVD and Bernardo). Umm!

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So our two liverpool fans, this season would you rather retain the CL or win the PL?

Seems you're not sure who i was referring to so let me be specific. So BangrakBob and Wilai, this season would you rather retain the CL or win the PL?

On 8/31/2019 at 12:56 AM, 3 minus 2 said:

^^ lookin at juve' squad.. just SO strong.. cant see past them winning it this season.. though as per last season 'shocks' cant be ruled out..

Considering the past 2 campaigns, I don't see how anyone could look past us. Happy if we slide on under the radar though.

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Seems you're not sure who i was referring to so let me be specific. So BangrakBob and Wilai, this season would you rather retain the CL or win the PL?

I'm not one of the above, and not a great fan like some. But when I worked in Warrington a few years back I would go to see them when I could.

To answer the question that others are scared to, the EPL is the one. This is their best chance for yonks. Only City can stop them.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bobby-duncan-liverpool-fiorentina-transfer-16850143

This looks like it was badly handled. Of course this kid isn't going to walk into the team, but is Klopp not even capable of giving him hope for the future?

Well, at least Liverpool aren't pretending they are bothered about bringing young players through. 

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Well, at least Liverpool aren't pretending they are bothered about bringing young players through. 

That's right we are realists, standards are very high, it's difficult to be good enough to get in our team.

We have plenty of youngsters that get their chance if they're good enough Trent, Gomez, Brewster took theirs. Others like Wilson, Grujic are doing well on loan spells. If Klopp believes you have a future he will let you go to get a game elsewhere. He is a fair manager in this regard. Ryan Kent heading to Rangers today as he will not get a run. 

Duncan's agent was behind this issue, filling his head with <deleted> and now he's got what he wanted, I'm sure a foreign culture, language and football league will be just the extra challenge that Bobby needs. Dig a bit deeper on his agent, he's an absolute weapon. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bobby-duncan-liverpool-fiorentina-transfer-16850143

This looks like it was badly handled. Of course this kid isn't going to walk into the team, but is Klopp not even capable of giving him hope for the future?

Old news mate (see #756)...LFC didn't treat him badly. The Italians basically wanted him for a trial (loan with no commitment to buy). That was refused and his nutter of an agent went crazy on Twitter. AFAIK, Fiorentina have now agreed to purchase him for 2m Euros plus 20% of sell on fee and LFC have agreed the sale. His agent has been kicked out of the sale so looks like no commission for him.???? His previous agent looked after things for him.

The quotes in the article came from his agent and I doubt their veracity, He is highly rated by Klopp and was promoted to the <23's and played first team in pre-season but to be fair, there are others such as Brewster and Glatzel ahead of him in the pecking order.

In other news it looks like another youngster, Ryan Kent is off to Rangers for 7 million.

15 minutes ago, wilai said:

Old news mate (see #756)...LFC didn't treat him badly. The Italians basically wanted him for a trial (loan with no commitment to buy). That was refused and his nutter of an agent went crazy on Twitter. AFAIK, Fiorentina have now agreed to purchase him for 2m Euros plus 20% of sell on fee and LFC have agreed the sale. His agent has been kicked out of the sale so looks like no commission for him.???? His previous agent looked after things for him.

The quotes in the article came from his agent and I doubt their veracity, He is highly rated by Klopp and was promoted to the <23's and played first team in pre-season but to be fair, there are others such as Brewster and Glatzel ahead of him in the pecking order.

In other news it looks like another youngster, Ryan Kent is off to Rangers for 7 million.

If he makes it in Italy / Fiorentina I will be very impressed. I think the German clubs are well set up to develop foreign kids like Sancho, not sure if they are in Italy.

Maybe in five years time when he's a fluent Italian speaker and has led Fiorentina to multiple Serie A titles you will be buying him back for 100M. Why does that ring a bell.... ????

"Bobby's coming home" didn't go too well then. Out of two top clubs in a short period of time leaving a stink. But hey, hell go through his career still being Stevie G's cousin (am i sick of reading that). Think he played his liverpool opportunity really badly which he'll come to regret.

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Not been reading the papers of late, but I assume VAR has been binned? 

That possibility has been in my prayers! Besides BBob, taking a man down in front of goal with a necktie is perfectly legal.:tongue:

Just now, jellydog said:

That possibility has been in my prayers! Besides BBob, taking a man down in front of goal with a necktie is perfectly legal.:tongue:

???? I find it amusing, I have not idea if it's the rules or down to interpretation. So many other sports have this completely boxed off, but we can't even create a rule that has a clear stipulation. This is the World game...????

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

???? I find it amusing, I have not idea if it's the rules or down to interpretation. So many other sports have this completely boxed off, but we can't even create a rule that has a clear stipulation. This is the World game...????

Interpretation, which is why VAR is essentially useless in many situations.

Archived