The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

"Yeah it bothers me because it is not true that we have spent £200m every transfer market," Guardiola said ahead of Sunday's match at Wembley.

"Also it's Liverpool - 'you'll never walk alone' - it's not a small team.

"Of course I don't like it because it's not true. Last season we spent [net] £17m on just one player.

"Two seasons ago when I spent a lot, it's because I took over the team with 10 or 11 players over the age of 30 - you have to [replace them].

"But we can't spend £200m every season. For example, Liverpool spent over £200m last season, and they can't do it this season. For us it is the same.

Look at the net spend mate.

Liverpool

2016/17

Spent:  71.9M

Received: 76.8M

+4.9M

2017/18

Spent: 156.9M

Received: 179.2M

+22.3M

2018/19

Spent: 163.9M

Received: 36.9M

-127M

2019/20

Spent:1.3M

Received: 27M

+25.7M

So as it actually stands today 74.1M spent over 4 seasons @ 18.5M per season. 

And Klopp inherited a shit team not a winning team.

Man City

2016/17

Spent: 192.1M

Received: 31.8M

-160.3M

2017/18

Spent: 285.7M

Received: 82.2M

-203.5M

2018/19

Spent: 70M

Received: 48M

-22M

2019/20

Spent: 81M

Received: 28M

-53M

So as it actually stands today 438.8M spent over 4 seasons @ 109.7M per season. 

It is not the same for City. It's not even close. 

As much as your fans and Pep want to always make it out that we are all competing at the same monetary level it just isn't the case and this is why it pisses him off and you off.

You/he wants to be recognized without it, but that shadow will always be cast in this era. The above are actually spending facts. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It is not the same for City. It's not even close. 

As much as your fans and Pep want to always make it out that we are all competing at the same monetary level it just isn't the case and this is why it pisses him off and you off.

You/he wants to be recognized without it, but that shadow will always be cast in this era. The above are actually spending facts. 

What pishes us off is your gobby manager getting facts wrong. Why he even wants to bring it up in the first place is beyond me. Do all the rest of the managers bring up how much richer Liverpool are compared to their clubs?

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

No because we are run by legit cashflow and P & L sheets.

And so are we but if Klopp wants to differently about Barca, Rm, PSG and City he should just come out and say it or better still, keep his gob shut altogether

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Is that the same facts I posted above that for the millionth time you choose to ignore?

You obviously aren't connecting what Klipperty said and what Pep responded to.

"Yeah it bothers me because it is not true that we have spent £200m every transfer market," Guardiola said ahead of Sunday's match at Wembley.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You obviously aren't connecting what Klipperty said and what Pep responded to.

Obviously he's speaking figuratively. 192M followed 285M the following season you did spend. That was his point. who else is doing that without selling? Only United have that sort of power. 

I'm sure Klopp won't carry on like a big Jessy after hearing Pep miscalculate our spending. He'll probably laugh at this video. We are forever in yours and his head ????

14 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Excellent keeper Adrian. He won’t let you down. 

Why we let him go I’ll never know 

JK "Right....we need a back up keeper, creative midfielder and a versatile forward"

Adrian....."Hold my beer"????

3 hours ago, wilai said:

JK "Right....we need a back up keeper, creative midfielder and a versatile forward"

Adrian....."Hold my beer"????

He was and always will be a hero with the fans. 

Stood down when Hart arrived when many of us thought he was a better keeper. Didn’t grizzle once, just got on with it and won his place back. 

Proper gent. 

On 8/7/2019 at 11:17 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Pre-game. City fans listened to Liverpool's rendition of "...Mersey" with no negative reaction. Liverpool fans booed the Mancunian choir's rendition of "Bluemoon". Nice.

fanny

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Adrian is doubtful for tomorrow! A fan ran on the pitch and a security guard jumped him....taking the keeper out in the process????

I thought you were having a laugh until I read the Guardian news. I wish they would do more to keep fans off the pitch.  They pay to spectate NOT to run around like idiots on the pitch.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

I thought you were having a laugh until I read the Guardian news. I wish they would do more to keep fans off the pitch.  They pay to spectate NOT to run around like idiots on the pitch.

Seems he is now hopeful of being ok. 

Really is story book stuff with him. One minute discarded and looking for a side. Next thing the hero in a final. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. 

12 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Seems he is now hopeful of being ok. 

Really is story book stuff with him. One minute discarded and looking for a side. Next thing the hero in a final. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. 

Do you know him personally Kads ?

On 8/14/2019 at 10:50 PM, Kadilo said:

Well done Liverpool, and well done Adrian. Chuffed for him. 

I'm glad he's fallen on his feet. He was always popular with West Ham even though most of the time he was obviously not really up to it. The FA Cup penalty v Everton will long be remembered rather than the soft goals and defensive mix-ups...

1 hour ago, tw25rw said:

I'm glad he's fallen on his feet. He was always popular with West Ham even though most of the time he was obviously not really up to it. The FA Cup penalty v Everton will long be remembered rather than the soft goals and defensive mix-ups...

I disagree with you statement re not really up to it. 

I thought he was better than Hart and should never have been dropped. 

Archived