The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Will you carry on with the kids in the next round against Arsenal or field more experience?

It's a very good question, but I really hope so. Considering it's Arsenal, there may be a few more seniors I guess, unfortunately. 

18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It's a very good question, but I really hope so. Considering it's Arsenal, there may be a few more seniors I guess, unfortunately. 

The trend seems to be in general to go with the youngsters until the competition starts to get serious then start adding the seniors. 

You never know with Klopp. Be great if he held out and kept with the younguns all the way but would he want to risk bombing out of this Cup earlier than expected. How high do you think he rates success in it vs giving the younguns is the experience for the future? 

I guess theres a balance to have which gives him a win win. 

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The trend seems to be in general to go with the youngsters until the competition starts to get serious then start adding the seniors. 

You never know with Klopp. Be great if he held out and kept with the younguns all the way but would he want to risk bombing out of this Cup earlier than expected. How high do you think he rates success in it vs giving the younguns is the experience for the future? 

I guess theres a balance to have which gives him a win win. 

I honestly believe if Klopp had his way he would let the kids play it through. Media and a certain section of fans would probably make that more trouble than it's worth.

Long-term it's the best thing to do. Look at those Chelsea lads thriving, it's a breath of fresh air. 

43 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I honestly believe if Klopp had his way he would let the kids play it through. Media and a certain section of fans would probably make that more trouble than it's worth.

Long-term it's the best thing to do. Look at those Chelsea lads thriving, it's a breath of fresh air. 

I agree. The long term payback of possibly losing out on this competition would be worth it in most opinions. 

Yes, I’m impressed by what Lampard is doing there. Maybe forced into it to a certain degree re Transfer situation, but nevertheless he seems to believe in giving the kids opportunities and clearly paying dividends so far. 

• Like 1

Bit arrogant isnt it.

Liverpool Football Club's bid to trademark the word Liverpool in products and services has failed due to its "geographical significance".

The Spirit of Shankly supporters group welcomed the decision and said the word Liverpool should not become the property of the football club's owners.

A spokesman said: "It belongs to the city of Liverpool and its people.

"We should all be allowed to use it freely, however we see fit, without fear of legal letters dropping through our doors."

Liverpool Walton MP Dan Carden said he was "delighted" with the decision, which he said the club had accepted "gracefully".

He added: "I know this news will be welcomed by independent traders, local football clubs and others who contribute so much to our fan culture."

City of Liverpool FC, previously said a trademark would be "a massive gaffe".

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bit arrogant isnt it.

Liverpool Football Club's bid to trademark the word Liverpool in products and services has failed due to its "geographical significance".

The Spirit of Shankly supporters group welcomed the decision and said the word Liverpool should not become the property of the football club's owners.

A spokesman said: "It belongs to the city of Liverpool and its people.

"We should all be allowed to use it freely, however we see fit, without fear of legal letters dropping through our doors."

Liverpool Walton MP Dan Carden said he was "delighted" with the decision, which he said the club had accepted "gracefully".

He added: "I know this news will be welcomed by independent traders, local football clubs and others who contribute so much to our fan culture."

City of Liverpool FC, previously said a trademark would be "a massive gaffe".

It was being done to support the Nike kit deal. LFC are taking a lower annual fee in the region of 30M per/year and a 20% of shirt sales. The trademarking attempt was to lower the risk on this business model, with counterfeit shirts being that risk. 

This approach to profit share is very forward thinking, knowing the reach of Nike and how they can position LFC product's beyond the football market. 

High risk, but higher profit on the kit deal. 

Nothing arrogant about it in the context. 

Edited by BangrakBob

Think we could do with subbing Hendo here and get Oxlade on, need some creativity in that midfield. 

Seems like the Blades have been listening to Carra and his suggestion to attack down the flanks. 

Need to score those goals like the Mane misses in a game like this. That's what separates champions from bridesmaids.

Another undeserved win. Mo <deleted>....again, Mane wasteful, Hendo back pass legend, Trent worse game I've seen him play, Robbo average at best....3 points from a Goalie error. 

Again though, Divok Origi.....changed the shape and face of the game at the right time. So under-rated. 

Fabinho best in show today. 

Edited by BangrakBob

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

It was being done to support the Nike kit deal. LFC are taking a lower annual fee in the region of 30M per/year and a 20% of shirt sales. The trademarking attempt was to lower the risk on this business model, with counterfeit shirts being that risk. 

This approach to profit share is very forward thinking, knowing the reach of Nike and how they can position LFC product's beyond the football market. 

High risk, but higher profit on the kit deal. 

Nothing arrogant about it in the context. 

Clearly lots of people in liverpool don't agree with it.

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Another undeserved win. Mo <deleted>....again, Mane wasteful, Hendo back pass legend, Trent worse game I've seen him play, Robbo average at best....3 points from a Goalie error. 

Again though, Divok Origi.....changed the shape and face of the game at the right time. So under-rated. 

Fabinho best in show today. 

What no mention of Sheffield in there? You weren't firing, and were fortunate they have no finisher and their goalie had a Jordan Pickford moment to gift you 3 points again. But winners of Premiers have games like that so it's looking really good for you this season.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:32 AM, BangrakBob said:

yeah that's Klopp trying to dump this cup for less games, genius 

No soap as only a $200,000 fine and with $100,000 of that suspended. Who else you got that's ineligible?:whistling:

Deserved win against a decent albeit at times cynical bunch. Wonder how many players Choudhury will injure before the season is finished. He'll get more cards than goals, that is for certain! Worried about Lovren v Vardy before the off but to be fair, he did well. Rarely seen him kept so quiet. JK's decision to start Mane on the right helped as he gave TAA/Lovren a lot more support than Salah.

To top it off the kids won the mini-derby 6-1????

• Like 2