The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Apparently Coutinho will be leaving Barca but has said he won't go to United out of respect to Liverpool. Fair dinkum to the lad

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11743458/philippe-coutinho-will-not-join-manchester-united-out-of-respect-for-Liverpool

Would you have him back? Could be a bargain compared to what you sold him for.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Apparently Coutinho will be leaving Barca but has said he won't go to United out of respect to Liverpool. Fair dinkum to the lad

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11743458/philippe-coutinho-will-not-join-manchester-united-out-of-respect-for-Liverpool

Would you have him back? Could be a bargain compared to what you sold him for.

No thanks, and I doubt Jurgen would have him back. We have Oxlade back next season, Shaqiri might find his form again. Hopefully 

If anything I think we may be in the market for a versatile forward, can play across the front 3.  A squad playing left back. Maybe CB if Lovren leaves. 

Was expecting more movement in the market across the board by now, exorbitant prices for average players now. 

13 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

No thanks, and I doubt Jurgen would have him back. We have Oxlade back next season, Shaqiri might find his form again. Hopefully 

If anything I think we may be in the market for a versatile forward, can play across the front 3.  A squad playing left back. Maybe CB if Lovren leaves. 

Was expecting more movement in the market across the board by now, exorbitant prices for average players now. 

Surprise me about Coutinho there Bob. Thought you'd have him back like a shot.

As for the one's you need. It has been slow in the market this year, bit frustrating for us as well and as you say, the ludicrous prices are not helping.

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Surprise me about Coutinho there Bob. Thought you'd have him back like a shot.

As for the one's you need. It has been slow in the market this year, bit frustrating for us as well and as you say, the ludicrous prices are not helping.

Coutinho jeopardised our play-off to get in CL, with his "bad back". His agent put it out there that their was a rift between him and Klopp when there wasn't one. He unsettled the team and disrespected his manager. He left to win the CL ????

Klopp would have got rid of him in the summer if he could, he doesn't stand for that. Once you cross him you are gone, he might be all fun and giggles in front on the camera but he has no issue getting rid once the trust is broken. Every season he gives the players a full season of trust and 100% percent commitment, and he expects the same. It was rumored that FSG made the point of not selling in the summer window to prove their strength, before caplitalising in the winter window. 

We played better after he left anyway, adios amigo!

21 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Coutinho jeopardised our play-off to get in CL, with his "bad back". His agent put it out there that their was a rift between him and Klopp when there wasn't one. He unsettled the team and disrespected his manager. He left to win the CL ????

Klopp would have got rid of him in the summer if he could, he doesn't stand for that. Once you cross him you are gone, he might be all fun and giggles in front on the camera but he has no issue getting rid once the trust is broken. Every season he gives the players a full season of trust and 100% percent commitment, and he expects the same. It was rumored that FSG made the point of not selling in the summer window to prove their strength, before caplitalising in the winter window. 

We played better after he left anyway, adios amigo!

Didn't know all that mate. Fair enough then

1 hour ago, champers said:

Am I alone in thinking that Coutinho was a bit of a one trick pony; cut in from the left and curl it into the net with his right foot? Could take a mean free kick too, to be fair.

You and hundreds of thousands of Barcelona fans. And many others to be fair.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:43 PM, champers said:

Am I alone in thinking that Coutinho was a bit of a one trick pony; cut in from the left and curl it into the net with his right foot? Could take a mean free kick too, to be fair.

champers still looking at LFC like a top 4 battling club who give a shit about that <deleted> dildo, move this to the Barca thread. European Champions, second final in a row!

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Sepp van den Berg signed for an initial 1.3m from PEC Zwolle. Only 17 but very highly rated. The next de Ligt?? Beat Bayern, Ajax, PSV and others to the signature????

I'm predicting here for the record that the fans will nickname him "Count".

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, wilai said:

Won 6-0. Brewster with a couple. Clyne, Jones, Origi and Duncan with the others. Two different XI's played. Both reserve LB's did well especially Larouci.

I caught that here in Buenos Aires on ESPN. Looks like no shortage of talented younguns at Liverpool.

7 hours ago, wilai said:

Sunday's game v Bradford is scheduled on LFCTV and Astro SS2. Also on ESPN2 Argentina for Jelly! and beIN MENA 2/11 for Bob.

Kick off 21:00 Thai time.....Hope the cricket finishes early!

Hey!! I could get used to this individual treatment! Thanks Wilai!

Breakfast time kick off Saturday at 07.00 Thai time v Borussia Dortmund. Scheduled for LFCTV, Astro SS2 and beIN Sports MENA HD. Also ESPN2 Sur in Argentina for JD. (We'll convert you yet laddie????)

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Breakfast time kick off Saturday at 07.00 Thai time v Borussia Dortmund. Scheduled for LFCTV, Astro SS2 and beIN Sports MENA HD. Also ESPN2 Sur in Argentina for JD. (We'll convert you yet laddie????)

Thanks Willy! That's Sunday at 19:00 for me.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, jellydog said:

I caught that here in Buenos Aires on ESPN. Looks like no shortage of talented younguns at Liverpool.

Tuning in to watch pre-season friendlies of teams you don't even support. Sounds like you're having a roaringly great time in Argentina. 

Archived