The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, wilai said:

So soon? It happened in August...... I've no problem with Duncan and hope he succeeds in Italy. (Is still playing with the kids tho'). Patience obviously isn't his strong suit. It was the behaviour of his agent and the manner of his emotive accusations that left a sour taste. I doubt his punishment will have much effect on his business though.

By so soon, i was referring to it the short period since he left City and returned "home". Your right about his patience though.

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Salzburg have not lost at home in 3 years...bad feeling about this one...

Certainly a bad feeling about the weather. Minus 8 and heavy snow forecast.......Maybe even Jimmy Milner will wear gloves!

BTW.... kids are on BT3 at 8pm (thai time) if you can get it.

• Like 1

What an entertaining match, one touch footy at its best, by both teams. 

Nice to see Baby Keith starting to get a run of dare I say consistency, is the player we bought arriving now...

Mo Salah goal....

Last 16 Reds, only another 8 games in the next 25 days?

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, wilai said:

but I hope we go for Minamino......Perfect heir to Firmino.????

Looks like we are!???? Apparently has a buy out clause of 7.25m so a no-brainer for me. Supposedly Man U and Italian/German clubs also interested. Hope JK had a chat with him after Tuesday's match. Would much rather get him than their 'golden boy'.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, wilai said:

Think I mentioned it after the first RB Salzburg game, but I hope we go for Minamino......Perfect heir to Firmino.????

Well; that escalated quickly....Just waiting on a medical now....allegedly. Red Bull....gives you wingers????

0_GettyImages-1193188671.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, wilai said:

So in 2024, Klopp and Gerrard reach the end of their extended contracts. Stevie takes over at LFC. JK gets British Citizenship and leads The Labour Party to victory in the next election!????

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

I doubt many guys get a two year deal at 34. Credit to his fitness, ability and professionalism. A great example to the youngsters.

I'm actually happier about him signing now than when he signed as a 30 year old. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 12:17 PM, wilai said:

Well; that escalated quickly....Just waiting on a medical now....allegedly. Red Bull....gives you wingers????

Exciting signing, that kid was an absolute menace, particularly at Anfield. Mane replacement?

1 hour ago, wilai said:

I doubt many guys get a two year deal at 34. Credit to his fitness, ability and professionalism. A great example to the youngsters.

I just saw news from a relative who does genealogy work that I had an ancestor named James Milner *****. For what that's worth.:)

16 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Exciting signing, that kid was an absolute menace, particularly at Anfield. Mane replacement?

He is very versatile. Have followed his highlights for a while since we first played them. He can cover all three forward positions as well as attacking midfield. Works his balls off as well. As long as we do get him, no need to go for Sancho (especially at 100m+). I imagine he'll replace Lallana in the squad.

An added bonus will be the cash generated in the Japanese market, especially as the new Nike deal gives us a decent percentage of shirt sales etc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Nope! No Hispanics in the woodpile.:cowboy:

I just fired up Liverpool and Watford on the telly.:smile:

If Nigel Pearson can keep this down to 3/4 he was the right man for the job. 
If he can keep them up he gets manager of the year. 

Travelling squad for Qatar below....To be honest I think we've given Villa a freebie in the Carabao as even the likes of Jones/Williams are apparently travelling with the senior squad.

Club World Cup squad: Alisson, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Williams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

To be fair to Pearson, it was his Leicester...

I like the guy always have. Underrated in my opinion. Always says it like it is, often to his detriment but a quality I admire. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1