The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most pathetic team performance from any Chelsea side since Maureens departure????

Lamps needs to freshen his squad some how. as now our goals have dried up and our defence has been shaky all season .which only leads to this disturbing  run of  losses  and opposing sides have sussed us out completely.    BTW 

Bournemouth had half their side out  yday and beat us 

all ends up at The Bridge 

Enuff said

You guys may not agree as I know you're fans of Emerson. But for me, he gets too involved in the opposition box and as a result reduces the space available for Pulisic/Cho (in particular), Abraham and Mount, especially when playing a packed defence. He'd be better staying wide and looking to get crosses/passes in (ala Robbo/TAA for LFC) rather than trying to get on the end of things himself. Maybe it's Frank's way but I don't think it helps the front players.

Fan of Emerson

Not on your nelly????

The usual suspects are !!!

#The Alonso Out Duo# 

Prefer Alonso warts and all and Dave at R/B

to Emerson who never passes the ball forward let alone link up with Captain America who was left like <deleted> on a rock yday

Emerson????

Its like we were playing with a beach ball. Passes overhit, instant ball control non existent. We were edgy, nervous and too frantic. Our poor form at home in the Premier League is getting to these young players. The service to Tammy was appalling with too many lofted balls to him, where he's having to challenge in the air (meat and drink to big, slow centre backs like Francis) instead of to feet. I understand Frank wants to rotate a bit, but we did miss Kovacic's control of the ball from the start.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

You guys may not agree as I know you're fans of Emerson. But for me, he gets too involved in the opposition box and as a result reduces the space available for Pulisic/Cho (in particular), Abraham and Mount, especially when playing a packed defence. He'd be better staying wide and looking to get crosses/passes in (ala Robbo/TAA for LFC) rather than trying to get on the end of things himself. Maybe it's Frank's way but I don't think it helps the front players.

He does take the 'safety first' route too much sometimes, and cuts inside instead of taking the full back on, on the outside. He's definitely got the pace and skill to do that more often. He's just got to be more confident in his ability.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:45 PM, keithsimmonds said:

If there is a deep rooted problem with Emerson,then we need a left back imo, Dave cant play there week in week out. Giroud Pedro and Alonso are all surplus,we have Ampadu, Conor Gallagher & Dujon Sterling to recall plus possible 3rd choice striker with Ike Ugbo...I think on the whole we are okay.

Did you read this Deej?

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Fan of Emerson as opposed to that cart horse Alonso ....yes. The rest is down to Frank and Jody on who to use and how to break down an 8/9 defence man defence which has been the case against West Ham Everton and now Bournemouth.....not so against Palace 2-0....Emerson Reece Tomori Zouma was the back 4 then.

1 hour ago, deej said:

Fan of Emerson

Not on your nelly????

The usual suspects are !!!

#The Alonso Out Duo# 

Prefer Alonso warts and all and Dave at R/B

to Emerson who never passes the ball forward let alone link up with Captain America who was left like <deleted> on a rock yday

Emerson????

Thank Christ Frank does not share your opinion on Alonso.....last seen hauled off at halt time after conceding 3 goals at home to Ajax......never to be seen again not even on the bench.

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thank Christ Frank does not share your opinion on Alonso.....last seen hauled off at halt time after conceding 3 goals at home to Ajax......never to be seen again not even on the bench.

And Csea.s EPL form since

Alonso.s demotion

Reads This

played 6 

won2   lost 4

goals scored  6

goals against 8

5 of those matchs were against bottom half of the table opposition.

Therefore since Alonso.s demotion  Csea.s EPL  performances have dropped alarmingly 

At the risk of repeating myself Alonso is arguably the best  LB cart horse Lamps has in his stable

right at this moment

57 minutes ago, deej said:

And Csea.s EPL form since

Alonso.s demotion

Reads This

played 6 

won2   lost 4

goals scored  6

goals against 8

5 of those matchs were against bottom half of the table opposition.

Therefore since Alonso.s demotion  Csea.s EPL  performances have dropped alarmingly 

At the risk of repeating myself Alonso is arguably the best  LB cart horse Lamps has in his stable

right at this moment

Next week headline especially for you.....Alonso at fault for all 3 of spurs goals.....but pops up with the winner.

Oh the irony.:whistling:

3 hours ago, deej said:

Alonso is as good as gone from Csea .  to 

Athletico Madrid or Inter  is the hot goss.  next TF window  

Will need a new Whipping Boy  to keep you.s  both happy

Cho is pick  

You make me laugh how you think that me or Keith, when criticising a certain player because he happens to be a liability to the team, is seen by you as some sort of vendetta against him. Why would we do that? I couldn't care less about Alonso or anybody else, only that they perform on the day. When you owned horses in Australia and a particular jockey rode one of yours like he was a paraplegic or worse, that he was obviously bent, did you pat him on the back and say "Hard luck cobber, don't worry you'll still be on next time, I won't take it too hard" or did you slag him off for an inept ride, tell him that you know he is in someone's pocket and send him packing? If you took the former, you're an even bigger idiot than I gave you credit for. 

Only Loftus Cheek not available for Sunday,s game. Massive headache for Frank to pick the strongest 11 to start then who sits on the bench. Young guns to start for me.....Tomori Cho Pulisic and Reece is a must.......think Frank will favour a little more experience though.......we will see.

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Only Loftus Cheek not available for Sunday,s game. Massive headache for Frank to pick the strongest 11 to start then who sits on the bench. Young guns to start for me.....Tomori Cho Pulisic and Reece is a must.......think Frank will favour a little more experience though.......we will see.

A full seven days rest will be beneficial to the squad. I expect to see a lively performance against Spurs. Did you see the interview where Hazard said he would only go back to Chelsea, when he leaves Real Madrid, Keith?

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

A full seven days rest will be beneficial to the squad. I expect to see a lively performance against Spurs. Did you see the interview where Hazard said he would only go back to Chelsea, when he leaves Real Madrid, Keith?

No i did not.Seems like he has been gone for years...its only been 8mths. Possible swap Bats for Zaha might happen.....

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

No i did not.Seems like he has been gone for years...its only been 8mths. Possible swap Bats for Zaha might happen.....

I wouldn't mind that at all. I saw an interesting interview with Frank where he was talking about Hudson -Odoi and what a talent he is, but he emphasised  the fact that he is returning from a very serious Achilles injury, which is the same as Loftus -Cheek, so needs time and patience to reach top form. Too many people on other forums I've seen seem to overlook this, and expected him to hit the ground running.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

I wouldn't mind that at all. I saw an interesting interview with Frank where he was talking about Hudson -Odoi and what a talent he is, but he emphasised  the fact that he is returning from a very serious Achilles injury, which is the same as Loftus -Cheek, so needs time and patience to reach top form. Too many people on other forums I've seen seem to overlook this, and expected him to hit the ground running.

I would like him to start tomorrow instead of Willian...but that aint gonna happen.

Of course its not going to happen ???? Cho is not fully match fit . and Willian is .

but will surely come  on from the bench at some stage. Cho just turned 19  why risk him.  against a in form Maureen Fired Up Toots  ??? seems a Motor Mouth. Red Box Number????

Thucck me....does Frank not read this thread....Alonso (a baldrick cunning plan)maybe???

This fixture only at the bridge was where the phrase "park the bus" was 1st uttered by Mou,he might be uttering it again looking at our line up. No pace anywhere apart from Tomori ....weird@!!!

Archived