Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, jellydog said:

Who knew Lamela was a vampire? Looks like he's a quart low.

EjHJHqCXsAEiMYv.jpg

Barring the 2 stop over exposure one has to say it wouldn't surprise me if Labella was on some nonsence diet leaving him a touch  deficient of ??? NOT the brightest of cookies is our Labella..aka  the lack of English after how many years in the UK....

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You mean like all the farlangs in Thailand are fluent in Thai after many years here. 

Yeah.  Can't argue with that.. shameful.. however bit like someone using farang.. enuf people find it objectional for others to take it into account and not use it.. but hey semantics.

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I was gonna ask that...I'm sure Jose knows the Portuguese game however.

Yeah started of in the Brazilian lower lgs as a center bac!!! And gradually moved forward.. didn't features in Italy at Napoli.  Went straight out on loan and had a decent season last year after sealin a contract in Portugal... scorin 20 plus. So basically as the loan suggests he's a punt.. 

• Like 1

Well i suppose  someone was  due a spanking.. we just couldn't go  on missing chance after chance after chance like we've done in the last few games, at some point the dice   favour  you and they go in..   even when they pulled it bac to 1-1 it never felt like we were gonna lose.. though Sanchez tried his damnedest to give them every opp!! Ali still needs to sharpen his defensive covering up to return full time.. however he is such a delight to watch on the break and in opponents box... Thought Jose should have subbed lucas.. he looked <deleted> be interesting to see who we get in the draw.. think it's 2 Moro circa  midday UK time. But don't quote me on that.. next up's a nice and easy one .. utd... Traditionally luv these games.. but with 2 defensive coachs... No mso much.. but hey ho... All part of  the game we play...

Edited by 3 minus 2

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If we get Skriniar we'll have brought in every player Mourinho wanted.

Outstanding window this I must say!

Yeah, Have to give it to jose and levy 4 bacin him they've put a balance and competivness to the squad that's been lacking for an age..poch always had his top boys but beyond that ...often not much.. now we're seeing people HAVING to perform and if not then there's someone around who can and will..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah, Have to give it to jose and levy 4 bacin him they've put a balance and competivness to the squad that's been lacking for an age..poch always had his top boys but beyond that ...often not much.. now we're seeing people HAVING to perform and if not then there's someone around who can and will..

We'll have a bench full of players who can actually come on and make a difference....something I haven't seen in many years at the Lane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Terrific display first half.

Only negative was Lamela. That was embarrassing. I wonder if he’s been pulled because of it? 

Yeah he was on a yellow.. and if I were a utd player I wouldnt say  i'de be lookin for him..however..

Have to say great display .. utds defending ... Next to fulham .. the worst I've seen in the prem this season.  the city's just pushed them ahead of Fulham ..However have to say Jose's team choise was bang on the money..there's a competative edge to spurs squad atm .. perform or your out..

Might have pulled the trigger on Spurs too early with the Top 6 maximum.

Signs of a strong squad just got to ensure no repeats of the jekyll and hyde events. Pleased for Jose a top manager and if he can deliver some silverware to Spurs he will be back to winning ways. 

Crazy results today, and a good win for us.  United had no chance from the start , we were better than them everywhere on the pitch.  Son MOTM. 
I never really liked Mourinho , but if we win something this season history will change.   

And who will win the league?  It's wide open right now. 

• Confused 1

^^^. Yeah I know Kane and son will get all the headlines and justified  .. but for me  sissoko was MOM, out ran out tackled everyone today.. he was everywhere, outmuscled pogba, and even on a bad day that ain't easy, he was absolutely  immense.. jose, puttin  him and hojbjerg together Is NOT a fluke, think you'll have to go a long way to find a better pair.. all you need now is a forward  line that can deliver.. bung bale in and you know what... We've got it.. a left footed  center bac would be nice.. but hey.. lifes a bitch..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Enjoyed that but I think you let them off the hook a bit towards the end. Took your foot off the pedal in the last twenty or so mins

Rightly so as we have played a ton of games.

Brilliant performance that was.

9/10 for that Transfer window, 4 players in that have improved the team and a decent back up for Harry all for approx 60m, just goes to show that you don't need to spend 100s of millions to improve the team. The Accountant will be proud of Levy with that performance.

I was wishing the above all lockdown    and If the aboves anywhere near true.. BAD move by levy.. Watkins 100% dead cert that in 18mnths or sooner he  would have let us cash in on harry kane..... And now we've paid 5 mil for a loan and IF he  can produce in English footie  ... A further 40mil... Sometimes Mr levy penny pinching costs...