X-Ray Outlaw: Weekly crackdown nets hundreds more foreigners

webfact

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I recall Big Joke saying that there were none left. Where have they found another 537 from?

Just go to long gluea market backside and watch the stream of illegals enter around 5:30am daily. They pay 1500 baht. Its a business. Take their money but catch and send them back so they pay again. It just a revolving door border. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

208 with staying or working in the Kingdom without informing the authorities of their residential addresses or work places.

I may be mistaken but is this the first mention of this offence in the Operation Outlaw Xray or whatever it's called. This could be more of a concern to foreigners who travel out of the country or even out of province and don't report their addresses immediatel upon return.

12 minutes ago, connda said:

New motto: Bad guys out, good guys out, foreigners out.  Leave your money and just go.

I think they just aren't coming much now. Was in Hua Hin last weekend and the locals were complaining at the lack of (western) tourists. It makes me wonder how these crackdowns, tightening of immigration and business laws, making it harder for western teachers to remain and teach here, etc, have a flow-on effect in reducing the number of western tourists. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cranky said:

How does one 'sneak in' without a visa? Crawl through the jungle I assume

While I know Thai border posts where I could just walk through and no-one would give a rat's ass, I have still to see a border post in the neighbouring countries where this is possible. So yes, you'd get stamped out there, then just walked past the Thai border post...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

2 hours ago, WebGuy said:

and when we get off the plane, the condo, hotel or house owner also needs to report that we are staying at the address we wrote when obtaining the visa and on the plane. That's what I call acting in a sinergy

Thailand 4.0 with seamless connectivity or paranoia and pointless activity?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

I think they just aren't coming much now. Was in Hua Hin last weekend and the locals were complaining at the lack of (western) tourists. It makes me wonder how these crackdowns, tightening of immigration and business laws, making it harder for western teachers to remain and teach here, etc, have a flow-on effect in reducing the number of western tourists. 

Agreed.  How many family members and friends come to visit people living in the Kingdom.  Now all those people have moved on (seems like we are going through a mass extinction event here) to somewhere else, those people will go there instead.  You make your bed......

• Like 2

Big Joke is nothing but a real joke. If he was a real cop he would have arrested Boss the cop killer. But I guess him and the other cops like the money from His grandfather more than catching a killer that kill one of their brother cop.

I have NO respect for any cop that can not catch a person who kills another cop, May all the cops involved rot in hell. 

6 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

This is very good-just like the 1,017 other topics on Thai razzias..

I show them to my colleagues-none of whom evince the slightest desire to visit Big Joke's paradise..

..but two have been before and one,at least,was contemplating it!

I also show them photos of Thailand's construction sites-commonly referred to as tourist attractions,resorts, and exotic locations-but that is off topic..

reality hurts but some appear to enjoy it

6 hours ago, Youlike said:

So why do we have to tell the embassy where we're gonna stay and again write it on that paper in the plane to Thailand?

and checking in at any place they still have to report you as well..... paper work + paper work + paper work = control freak

• Like 1