Kids or dogs? Who are more important?

webfact

Kids or dogs? Who are more important?

6pm.jpg

Amarin TV went to a village in Saraburi where six children have been savaged for months by a group of vicious dogs.

The owner says they are cute and blames the children. 

But the neighbors have had enough and are insisting the police finally take action after months of attacks. 

Reporters firstly spoke to Tawin Sakphuangmee whose two grandchildren have been repeatedly attacked since May.

Nong Kampan (a boy) and Nong Pat (a girl) showed signs of new and old wounds to their bodies and limbs. 

It started with a few small bites but now the attacks have increased in severity requiring hospital visits. 

The parents of another child called Um said they feared the child would be blinded in one attack requiring hospital treatment. 

Amarin spoke to the owner of the dogs who keeps them running free behind his house most of the time. 

The dogs seemed fine when he was around but their demeanor changed when his back was turned. they started barking and behaving aggressively.

He said he lets them out to defecate in the neighborhood only at night. He said they were lovely dogs that wouldn't hurt anyone without reason.

He blamed the children for annoying his animals and stepping on them. 

The neighbors have repeatedly confronted Somkhid who has responded with some cosmetic measures that didn't last more than a day. 

They said their children don't annoy the dogs and they fear worse injuries will result if the animals are not forced to be located elsewhere.

Somkhid took them to leave at the temple at one point - the monks told him they have too many already and told him to take them back home. 

Nong Khae police are investigating.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-21
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, DM07 said:

But do I think it is possible, the children are "annoying" the dogs?

Hell yeah!

Why?

Because I have seen it many times, mostly upcountry!

Adults hit, kick, throw things at dogs, that are doing absolutely nothing, but minding their own business.

I guess, some children just have a look at their "role models" and just do the same!

That's so true.

Seen it all myself, 

Edited by stanleycoin

7 hours ago, chrisinth said:

What a crazy, dangerous situation. To me, it is long past the owner taking responsibility with repeated attacks on multiple children from May. That is 8 months for Christ sake!! One attack is more than enough.

His defense (the owner) needs looking at as well. Letting a dog (or dogs) out of confines without supervision is a No in itself, but to let dog(s) roam with known histories of attacks is more than irresponsible, more paramount to encouragement.

I'm a dog owner myself, GSD & Siberian, which I walk everyday that I am home. We pass several kids on the Mooban and some of them will try to show off in front of their friends, shrill yells, running away and the like which raises unwanted 'interest' in my animals which could lead to a confrontation. If they were off the leash, which they never are.

And for clarity, the above points that children can cause reaction in no way justifies what is happening here. It is all on the responsibility of the owner; no more chances, no more excuses, the animals need to be either removed from him or put down. Nuf said.

Children are lower to the ground and can look directly in the animals eyes, triggering an aggressive response..........not excusing the owner of these animals, the dogs should be euthanized, and the owner prohibited from ever owning another animal again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

We have a problem with dogs in the school where I work as they are attacking students and teachers, and still the director say that we can't do anything about it as it's:
1. against the Buddhist faith
2. against the Thai law
So yeah, apparently the dogs are more important than children in Thailand!!!

One thing that director could do would be to lay down the law to prohibit feeding the dogs. Staff, vendors, and students should be alerted of the new policy, including suspension from school or work. Any food vendors should get their garbage-handling under control. It's not the job of a school to feed dangerous feral dogs. We have the same problem on several golf courses here in CM, and the same spineless attitude from those in charge.

I love a good dog thread more than most but this is no contest.  I am surprised the owner even acknowledged they were his when hospital bills need paying.  The only time I saw a Thai claim ownership of a dog was when I was lucky enough to hit a stray which ran under my wheels.  The heart-broken owner melted away when I asked him for money to fix a broken light.

Dog owners should have compulsory insurance or lose the dog.

Children, of course.

Mind you, when you have a 13 years old daughter who is going through a "bolshie not talking to daddy 'cos he won't buy her an iPhone phase" then the uncomplicated affection and loyalty of the dogs...

• Haha 1