Taco Bell set for Thailand debut early next year

webfact

7 hours ago, mamypoko said:

stuff my pockets with yummy hot sauce packets

Being Thailand I would not be surprised if the sauce packets will be handed out like one napkin with each order. (McDonald's and Burger King) But if not I will wear my big pocket pants just in case. Hope they spread  just like 7/11. One can only dream. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dcnx said:

Looking forward to paying $9 for something that costs $3 back home.

This $5 box set below would be about 160b for the set based on the U.S. price.  I'm guessing, we won't see that pricing here.  But you kind of have to wonder, given the employee salaries here, why not???

800266573_2018-12-2518_04_55.jpg.b22b3752dfc3f4f41ab248bcdb59e3db.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dcnx said:

Me too.  $8 bucks for a big mac combo in NYC and $4 bucks in Bangkok.  Maybe you're one of those Thai bashers eh?  Check my prices maybe I'm wrong. 

https://www.mcdelivery.com.sg/sg/browse/menu.html?daypartId=21&catId=30

https://www.foodpanda.co.th/chain/cy7lz/mcdonald-s

6 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Being Thailand I would not be surprised if the sauce packets will be handed out like one napkin with each order. (McDonald's and Burger King) But if not I will wear my big pocket pants just in case. Hope they spread  just like 7/11. One can only dream. 

Here in the US, I'll order one plain bean burrito.  Then I'll use about 15 or more packets of sauce.  If I thing about it, I'll bring along some roasted and ground Thai pepper for some heat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This $5 box set below would be about 160b for the set based on the U.S. price.  I'm guessing, we won't see that pricing here.  But you kind of have to wonder, given the employee salaries here, why not???

800266573_2018-12-2518_04_55.jpg.b22b3752dfc3f4f41ab248bcdb59e3db.jpg

Given employees salaries here, it could/should be B99 and they still make a tidy sum! 

Finally!  A solution to the low cholesterol problem in Thailand!

:cheesy:

the 60-seat restaurant will feature an open kitchen

Never thought of fast-food as coming out of kitchens, factory is more like it.

The same corporations that provide fast-food franchises also market products for indigestion - funny how that works out.

8 hours ago, madmen said:

Let's see their price point. Like a lot of franchises even though paying workers a lot less here they still manage to jack the price

They may pay their people less, but have you priced the ingredients they'll have to import at the local level?  A few of examples are taco shells, sour cream and cheese.

I think that actually explains the crappy quality of all the franchise pizzas in Thailand.  Only the boutique pizza parlors who charge a premium can afford to use a decent portion of real cheese.

The high cost of non-indigenous ingredients, coupled with the atrocious rents on BKK real estate.

Edited by impulse

There goes the women's waist lines. One of the reasons I used to like it here. 

I live in a city back home where it is the norm to see a woman, and think it is a buffalo walking down the street.

Coming to Thailand soon..

Edited by garyk

20 hours ago, dcnx said:

When I am back home it always seems cost me $7-9 and I don't order that much and I never order a drink.  The dollar menu seems to be a basic taco or something with mostly rice or beans in it, it doesn't look to appetizing.

I’m a fan of some of their food. Late 60s early 70s surf HB and hit

taco bell on the way home...... cheap and my sister worked there so 

extra food. When I fly into LA hit up taco for hard shell taco. 

Its ok for quick and easy but real Mexican food is easily found in Southern California 

12 hours ago, garyk said:

There goes the women's waist lines. One of the reasons I used to like it here. 

I live in a city back home where it is the norm to see a woman, and think it is a buffalo walking down the street.

Coming to Thailand soon..

Yes, all Thai women are now going to eat Taco Bell every day.

17 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

I’m a fan of some of their food. Late 60s early 70s surf HB and hit

taco bell on the way home...... cheap and my sister worked there so 

extra food. When I fly into LA hit up taco for hard shell taco. 

Its ok for quick and easy but real Mexican food is easily found in Southern California 

Look, I lived in Phoenix, AZ. The ne plus ultra for fast food Mexican there IMHO  is Taco Mich, of which there are several locations, some 24 hours, especially in the West Valley. Fabulous Birria by the way. English is barely spoken. You go there at 3am and you wont see a gringo. But Phoenix is a big place and its like a 25 minute drive in no traffic from the East side where I lived, to the West side, where the Barrio and Hood is. The Taco Mich on 27th and Camelback is great at 4am, but you risk your life, some ratero tried to rob it one night and the owner popped a cap in him right at the entrance. 

So at 3am, you either:

1. Go to one of the other mexican fast food joints and get overpriced stuff (meh)

2. Hit Taco Bell. Cheap, quick, filling and a stoners delight.

Number 2 is for me!

• Thanks 1