Hot : NACC finds Prawit innocent in relation to luxury watches

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, baboon said:

You believe him, do you...?

Well, the article says they’ve checked with customs wether or not the taxes on the watches have been paid, which they have, by the guy he borrowed the watches from, so... but that’s completely beside the point! 

I just fail to see completely how borrowing an item like a watch could possibly be illegal. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

Well, the article says they’ve checked with customs wether or not the taxes on the watches have been paid, which they have, by the guy he borrowed the watches from, so... but that’s completely beside the point! 

I just fail to see completely how borrowing an item like a watch could possibly be illegal. 

I can read the article for myself, thanks. I asked if you believe him. Do you?

How can you borrow watched from a dead person? I did not know woman like his mother liked to wear men's rings.

Bottom line is for those who believe these excuses then I have some great beach front property in Florida I can sell

very cheap Lovely view

• Like 2

NACC finds Prawit innocent

correct legal term is "not guilty", meaning insufficient evidence etc not provided to establish law was broken and/or snowballs chance in heck they would find him guilty

I imagine many of us had thought we were "loaning" to Thai only to find out later we were "gifting"

• Thanks 1

OT: What about forex scams by thai consultates? Some won't accept Thai Baht. Overcharging in the local currency, e.g. 300 MYR. A neat racket! 

And no, the Thai government won't run a 2nd ledger in foreign currencies. And with embassies accepting THB, who gets to keep the surplus cash from these scams?

• Confused 3

OT: What about forex scams by thai consultates? Some won't accept Thai Baht. Overcharging in the local currency, e.g. 300 MYR. A neat racket! 

And no, the Thai government won't run a 2nd ledger in foreign currencies. And with embassies accepting THB, who gets to keep the surplus cash from these scams?

No surprise at all - decisions like this separate a banana republic from a civilized nation adhering to the rule of law.
I suggest to hold a yearly award ceremony selecting the most corrupt in a fun show for all to watch! A packed venue with thousands of corrupt from every government agency and the private sector. Millions of lesser corrupt who did not make it into the finals cheering their favorite corrupt on live tv - and for a special twist this year includes the “anti corruption commission”!!!
Never a shortage of nominees - awarded not with oscars - but bananas!
And the banana goes to .....the best thing is the winners can not even loose face - they never had any to begin with.
Fatty can wear his borrowed watches without embarrassing himself and gets a life time achievement banana! And when the ceremony is over the guest of honor- the PM can through his banana - which he is awarded automatically because of his position - at the attending journalists !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

And after the elections we will have a new commission to investigate the existing NACC commission....another "Big Joke" !

The current chairman and commissioners of the NACC are unqualified under the new constitution but the Constitutional Court ruled they could stay on, whereas the Electoral Commissioners were forced to step down due to being unqualified. Go figure.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

????Well i never, who would have thunk that....wWOW, so they expect people to believe that Ole Fatty is an honest man.:cheesy: Yea and i believe in the tooth fairy.

After reading this article maybe the tooth fairy is real ummm?

• Haha 2

Did anyone ever doubt this would be the "verdict"? Prayuth was installed to protect the elite, those in power, the army, the super wealthy, and those that are connected. There was a zero percent chance of them finding him guilty. And the guilt goes far beyond the watches.

Now, since those in power never face any charges while in power, one hopes when they are removed from power in a couple of months (one has to remain ever hopeful), that the new administration will charge the top guys, and put them away. One can only hope. 

• Like 2