how many times a day do you poop whilst living in Thailand

ghworker2010

I have genuine concern re the amount of times Im having to go to the toilet to defecate. On average its 4 times a day. Im in my late 40s. I had a colonoscopy over a yr ago and he cut out a large pulp. He said go back for one in a few yrs. 

How many times a day do you go? What is normal?

Should I be going back to the gastro dr?

thanks

1 hour ago, ghworker2010 said:

I have genuine concern re the amount of times Im having to go to the toilet to defecate.

one time a day when I got here five years ago, now four times a day.

I developed IBS-D after exposure to Salmonella here in Thailand.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Once a day like clockwork. Same when back in farangland.

Of course, your diet is likely different here, but 4 times is rather excessive for pretty much anybody.

How long have you been in Thailand? What are you eating and what water are you drinking?

Ive been here over 5 yrs. Drink bottled water. I do eat a lot of fruit but unsure if that's it. 

usually once per day, a healthy dump about an hour after arising...sometimes up to 4 x depending on what I've been eating, noodles for brekkie followed by a chlli with beans or a bean and potato curry later will get me up there the next day...lotsa fiber...

my dad died of bowel cancer so always got to be vigilant to see that the equipment is working properly...had a colonoscopy about 10 years ago and a small polyp was removed...

the ex wife: 'I find yer interest in yer bowel movements to be tiresome...' and once at Gatwick when I announced that I had to go to the toilet before our train journey to Brighton she screamed and that got the airport security people involved...

the end of our marriage was at hand...it was confirmed when she threatened violence at my intention to install a bum squirter in our house in Brighton not long after...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Once a day like clockwork. Same when back in farangland.

Of course, your diet is likely different here, but 4 times is rather excessive for pretty much anybody.

How long have you been in Thailand? What are you eating and what water are you drinking?

Do you know the name of antibiotics to take to fix this issue. Years ago back home the dr gave me antibiotics. From memory I took 3 of them in 1 go as per his advice. It sorted out my sensitive bowels. I wish I could remember the name...

18 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

Do you know the name of antibiotics to take to fix this issue. Years ago back home the dr gave me antibiotics. From memory I took 3 of them in 1 go as per his advice. It sorted out my sensitive bowels. I wish I could remember the name...

So this has been going on for some years now? And also back home?

Please clarify - how long has this been going on?

And are these formed stool or loose/watery?

You do not want to self prescribe any antiobiotics, will further upset your gut flora

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

3 or 4 times a week, always been that way.
Only exception is if I’ve eaten something dodgy and I then have to make a dash for the loo !!

My gf usually goes 2 or 3 times a day and always 10 minutes after she’s eaten .

Your girlfriend has the same 'affliction' as one of Mrs NL's nieces.

When in Thailand, on what passes for my regular diet (around 80% home-cooked Thai by mum and 20% dad being dangerous in the kitchen), it's twice a day. A decent-sized 'download' around 1-2 hours after the morning pot of coffee has been emptied. The second round is usually late afternoonish but seldom in the evening. if I somehow miss the second #2 the day before, the first #2 the following day has more 'bandwidth'.

At work either offshore or in a camp, I find I bind up a bit and it becomes a once-a-day event needing some huffing and puffing to get less done, ie. smaller, harder stools. Not sure if it's the change in diet (usually more western fare) or the water filtration but I usually get around it by having the galley/kitchen get some oatmeal or porridge on the brekky menu. On the odd times I seize up at home, it's oatmeal or prunes or prune juice that gets it back to normal. I hardly ever get the screaming sh!ts.

When in Thailand, on what passes for my regular diet (around 80% home-cooked Thai by mum and 20% dad being dangerous in the kitchen), it's twice a day. A decent-sized 'download' around 1-2 hours after the morning pot of coffee has been emptied. The second round is usually late afternoonish but seldom in the evening. if I somehow miss the second #2 the day before, the first #2 the following day has more 'bandwidth'.

At work either offshore or in a camp, I find I bind up a bit and it becomes a once-a-day event needing some huffing and puffing to get less done, ie. smaller, harder stools. Not sure if it's the change in diet (usually more western fare) or the water filtration but I usually get around it by having the galley/kitchen get some oatmeal or porridge on the brekky menu. On the odd times I seize up at home, it's oatmeal or prunes or prune juice that gets it back to normal. I hardly ever get the screaming sh!ts.

My ex wife could never “ go “ if not at home , this includes going away for a week holiday, she always carried suppositories !

I never really get the screaming sh!ts but just a heightened sense of urgency [emoji51]

The only time I was really “ sh!tting through the eye of a needle “ was back in the uk after a visit to Thailand in ‘91, and it lasted for 2 weeks !!
A month later I turned yellow and discovered I had Hep A !!
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I find that any dried fruit dates, prunes, figs will do the trick...I became a dried fig addict in the ME as there were lots about and they taste good too...but they are high sugar which ain't no good fer a diabetic...

I put together a diet from all local food in saudi that was very effective and lost a kilo per week for 12 weeks straight from 100kg to 87...it was like a miracle...but I could only shit once every 3 - 4 days and sweating and suffering in the toilet for 45mins would only produce a little log sorta like a 'tutsi roll'... and I started to worry about my family history of bowel cancer...

so there it was, lose the weight with the benefit to the high blood pressure and diabetes but with malfunctioning bowels and the spectre of death preceded by a colostomy bag...

can't win fer losin'...

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:24 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Sometimes I go a week without bowel movement. I don't feel bloated and eat like a horse and drink plenty of water.

It must be something to do with all that grass you're eating!

• Haha 2

Who says that the threads on TVF are getting more boring by the day? This thread proves the opposite. Us regular TVF posters have grown into a brotherhood of intimate friends, not afraid of sharing intimate details of our daily lives.
We have liberated ourselves to the point where we can freely talk about s*it.

I suggest we all install web-cams in our toilets to deepen the experience and increase the bondage among TVF members.

Not to forget: As "the internet never forgets", our grandchildren will be able to review granddad's comments concering s*it and bowel movements in a public forum.

As the trust among the brotherhood of TVF members has reached such a climax, inevitably we will be exchanging Bank Account numbers plus Pin-Codes soon.:clap2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, swissie said:

Who says that the threads on TVF are getting more boring by the day? This thread proves the opposite. Us regular TVF posters have grown into a brotherhood of intimate friends, not afraid of sharing intimate details of our daily lives.
We have liberated ourselves to the point where we can freely talk about s*it.

I suggest we all install web-cams in our toilets to deepen the experience and increase the bondage among TVF members.

Not to forget: As "the internet never forgets", our grandchildren will be able to review granddad's comments concering s*it and bowel movements in a public forum.

As the trust among the brotherhood of TVF members has reached such a climax, inevitably we will be exchanging Bank Account numbers plus Pin-Codes soon.:clap2:

wherever the above poster is from their shit must not stink...