Govt throws ball in EC’s court while suggesting a month’s delay in elections

webfact

Friendly reminder

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Forum Rules: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

//Admin

11 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Not like there's an option or anything - 

And the rascals were quite aware of important upcoming events to take place firstly. 

3 month delay.

I seriously wonder if these numpties had actually thought of using the coranation as a stalling tactic until just now,  why else would they come up with the ludicrous idea of blaming delays in printing ballot papers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Another activist Kan Pongprapaphan also attacked Wissanu’s explanation as totally off the topic. It degraded the voters’ dignity and Wissanu should be ashamed, he said. 

I would be more inclined to say it is an insult to the voters intelligence. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Govt throws ball in EC’s court while suggesting a month’s delay in elections

So that makes it clear that the coronation excuse was just a load of drivel, because bringing it closer to that date would only make the issue worse, if that was the case

7 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Well the junta could blame social unrest as an excuse to delay

What they do now is called teasing to reach that goal

Edited by janclaes47
  • Like 1

No Siree Bob, didn't see that coming- anyone who didn't should be in the Institute for the Blind!

Holding an election on the 5th of May with the other goings on is so farcical I can't believe they even mooted the date.

I am pretty sure of the reason for the NEXT excuse after this to delay things but due to a variety of restrictions I can't state it publicly other than 'funeral'. I think this comment falls within Modding guidelines. If not please feel free to delete this last paragraph.

Edit: I find it quite ironic that right next to this post at present is the picture of Prawit with his blingy hand over his eyes and the guy next to him laughing!

Edited by Psimbo

Seriously? It would appear that the junta is simply trying to delay (yet again) and avoid any criticism by tying the delay to the coronation events  (implying any criticism is subject to lese majesty).

5years in power was insufficient to bring happiness, perhaps they need just one more month to make Thailand happy and corruption free. It seems doubtful, if they have had over a year to plan an election and still can’t even organize that.

It all seems farcical. 

How any reasonable Thai person, can find any of this acceptable, is beyond my imagination. 

• Like 1