Stronger baht ‘will hurt exporters and farmers’

webfact

16 minutes ago, carstenp said:

I do understand you about the visits. It was the same for me years ago. romantic, mysterious, but when you live here full time, you will properly change you view. Then the price of items, schools, hospitals, dentist, power bills, water bills. Insurance, car petrol and so on, will hurt you income, and speciel with a baht there only was 5 to 1 Canadian dollar.

There is a big difference between living her long time and holidays  ????

Well, I live in Bangkok full time. My favorite days are when wife's at work and I just hop on the bus and explore different parts of the city.

It was more fun in the past when BTS was limited and there was no MRT. I remember the first time I "discovered" Ratchadaphisek road and fortune town (they used to have a lot more junk back then). Pure heaven

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carstenp said:

The problem they dont tell about, is the value of the export is dropping very fast. They always say the export Is growing ( The Volume), just this year about 7-8%, but the value is falling like a stone.

:cheesy:

Total exports from Thailand by value in 2017 amounted to 236.69 billion U.S. Dollars. this was 9.89 % higher than exports in 2016 at 215.33 billion U.S. Dollars

The nation is recognized by the World Bank as "one of the great development success stories" in social and development indicators.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

The thing about THhai economy and Thai baht are really amazing just as Thailand is amazing.

During US economic meltdown, Thailand was not affected due to minimal exposure to US markets

During European economic meltdown, Thailand was not affected due to minimal exposure to EU markets

During recent Chinese economic troubles, Thailand once again is not affected.

So where i struggle is how is it that all neighbors are affected, the entire world gets affected yet Thailand does not get affected by anything.

So if Thailand has minimal exposure to US and EU markets, and as it turns out just as minimal to Chinese markets, i can not help but wonder and ask what markets Thailand is exposed to?

Asian magic and real connections.....

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Thailand is not the God. Mightier have come down crashing in the past year including Apple, amazon, bitcoin and Australian Real Estate. Things move in cycles and that's how people make money. Is Soros still alive? He could destroy thai currency without lifting a finger.

Soros could only win with freely convertible currencies (GBP 1992 and THB in 1997). in 1998 he got a bloody nose (Russian Ruble) and lost whatever he made when he "broke" the Bank of England. with stringent prevailing Baht restrictions pertaining to offshore THB trade any Soros "intervention" would affect the Baht like a fart in a hurricane.

• Thanks 1

Looks like I made a slight "bargain" bringing enough coin to Thai banks with then eur to thb rate being 39.05, and now looking at 36.58 spot exchange ???? Been waiting this bubble a'burstin' for few years, yet still the foreign reserves of the Kingdom look sky-high and no adjustments toward export made by BOT - they're trying to kill the golden goose in so many ways lol

28 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Asian magic and real connections.....

Magic I understand , connections is what I do not. What is it connected to? No other markets on the planet is already certain . So must be some spiritual connections ????

4 hours ago, Naam said:

:cheesy:

Naam, I will love to explain it to you. You are right about the figures,  but you need to see the figures yoy about the value for it. I'm on a phone right now and it sucks  ???? You need to see it on a trade site in details I will try Sunday when I'm home again 

• Like 1

Do you honestly believe in an official salary for a cival servant in Thailand ...
Of course same as anywhere else on the planet [emoji290]
What your trying to say is they are corrupt which has nothing to with a published official salary

8 hours ago, Naam said:

there was no river Clyde in any country i lived. and i was quoting his official salary according to the Washington Times.

What does his official Salary have to do with what he reall earns??. Official salary is peanuts to him.. How many 1 million baht watches does that get him? You know exactly where his money cones from..

15 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Geeeez... Canadian dollar under 23bht, Aussie is at 21.72 and the New Zeland buck is in the 20's

getting almost impossible to stay here with the baht this strong. I really hope the bubble bursts soon!

Stay Tuned............I give it until 01 April max for the bubble to pop.......then Boom Baby!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ocddave said:

The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer, that's been the same no matter what country is playing the game. However, Thailand's rich play this game better than anyone else, they couldn't care less who they hurt, and in most cases the poor people they crush under their feet continue to adore and idolize them, they are like demigods. But hey, as long as the poor are fed the nonsense that the perverted form of Buddhism preaches here, they can buy a better life next time after they die by giving whats left of their money to the temples. It must be nice to have an entire country of serfs dropping at your feet and handing over their hard earned money.

pretty much everything you said is true - except in countries on that rare occasion when the people get a say, a fine example of that is Brexit - there is a very big effort going on to stop it, what it has laid bare to me is the absolute sinister elements and exposed the media these last 15 months, if I had a control I would have our intelligence services investigating those that have very obvious self interests and the traitors supporting and that goes right to the heart of Westminster and big business, I would start with Carney and work up and down from there.

Brexit has opened many eyes to "how stuff works" and it is quite frankly sickening

as for Thailand - well that is something entirely different, when the baht has another meltdown those that caused it will have already filled their greedy pockets and could care less 

uncertainty enables the manipulation of stocks and currencies - there are a lot of people making big money, once it is established exactly what is going to happen it will end

Edited by smedly

2 hours ago, fulhamster said:

The rate the morning of the Brexit vote was around 51, and within 24 hours it was 44. Never recovered and never will. And it was NOT a coincidence, the drop was purely down to the vote.

you are completely wrong about that, take a very close look at the Thai baht - Euro - and USD, I have in fact I watch it every day for the last 10 years, yes sterling did drop but recovered and at that time the baht took a giant leap - the Euro/sterling graph tells a story - throw the baht into the mix with USD and other major currencies and you will find that the Thai baht has appreciated some 20% in the last 2 years, throw 20% at Thai baht and sterling and you will start to see exactly what is going on  

• Like 1

and lets not forget that currency exchange only has a direct effect on those living outside the UK (or other countries) so it has an emotive and costly effect on all those living here because we exchange our home currencies against the Thai baht

as we have seen from previous posts on this thread - we are all seeing a challenge - sterling a little bit more than most but it is across the board because the Thai baht is bursting out and has been these last couple of years

Edited by smedly