Britons would now vote to stay in EU, want second referendum: poll

webfact

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

How do you know? 

Have you ever met JRM and/or his family?

I certainly have not, and though I am about the same age as the loud mouthed ignorant protester I certainly would not do what he did to any child.

How do I know? He claims to be a Christian but backs every piece of legislation designed to make the poor worse off. That's one reason.

The other is that he knows Brext will not end well for the less privileged and well off in society and could not care a single solitary sh!t about it.

Do you need to have met Papa Doc to come to a conclusion that he was not a particularly nice chap?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

...none?

a) "Bring it on" (thats Brexit-speak for 'yes please if it'll finally shut them up') &

b  ) IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN despite the above because to do so would render our entire political system obsolete and could quite possibly lead UK into something akin to civil war.

Quote A was from me. A committed brexiterBrexiter

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

This is a direct link to the extensive 16 page pro European Union propaganda leaflet delivered to every home in the UK by the government prior to the referendum. The point of this expensive leaflet was to inform all the people of the issues and exactly what they're voting for.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/515068/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

It spells out their fears in great detail. Delivered to every home in the country.

To think that nobody knew what they're voting on is a distortion.

This is the best bit of the whole document :

image.png.f5ae0b8689e626032f2d7ac304364647.png

Once in a generation, come back in 20 years if you want another run at this, the decision has been made.

Can Brexiters read AND comprehend? The pamphlet should have been in cartoons.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

both Lenovo and Huawei sports decent sommpuuters with good screens adequate loodspiikers

For goodness sake!

The lout was running down a father in front of his children! (Dissing? Maybe a Brexiter could correct my Estuary English?)

JRM should have slapped him hard with his gauntlet.

I don't agree with the man's views but uncivilised behaviour is unacceptable. Anyone know who it was? Journalist? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Cameron went to the EU to plead for a 'deal' before the referendum, and came back with nothing. The UK public saw very clearly how tough the EU are to negotiate with, and yet still the majority voted to leave. To me this suggests the majority of the UK would still have voted to leave in the scenario you described. 

Actually he did make some progress but you don't remember. Why don't we have statesmen anymore?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/brexit-uk-eu-deal-agreed-as-cameron-wins-most-demands-1.2541815?mode=amp

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

For goodness sake!

The lout was running down a father in front of his children! (Dissing? Maybe a Brexiter could correct my Estuary English?)

I don't agree with the man's views but uncivilised behaviour is unacceptable. Anyone know who it was? Journalist? 

Melvin is agreeing, it is another member that cannot or will not accept the actions of the "lout"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, baboon said:

Sjaak, calm down a minute for Christ's sake. I really do understand your frustration, but the other half of the UK wishes to remain.

The place is going through a bad spell at the moment, thanks to ultra rich barons who feel that they aren't rich enough, convincing workers that 'you bloody foreigners' are the problem. Worse still, they are doing a good job.

As said, I understand your irritation, but there are millions of Brits who are as disgusted as you are. Please, don't abandon us.

Its this kind of thinking that brought about the result. Have you ever had to wait weeks for Drs appointment, drive your kids 10 miles to school rather than walk them to the one a few hundred yards away, have toothache for weeks as no dental vacancy, move away from your area due to a housing shortage....these are the daily problems millions of people are suffering due to mass immigration from the EU. nobody listened then and still they dont listen. dont blame the government for lack of investment, when the countrys population increases by 10% in a few years its impossible to cope with

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Actually he did make some progress but you don't remember. Why don't we have statesmen anymore?

Yes, I do remember. 

Perhaps we don't have statesmen anymore because the power and influence of individual nations like ours has diminished so much through globalisation? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Just take a look around British towns and cities and you'll see our young unemployed youth loitering about while foreign scabs are doing the jobs our people have traditionally worked at for donkeys' years.

And as we all know young men with time on their hands invariably get up to no good. This free movement of labour is turning the UK into a social disaster zone particularly in our urban areas. Just so employers can access cheap labour.

In years gone by the loiterers were gainfully employed razoring the cinema seats at local flea-pits on Sunday nights.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Grouse said:

For goodness sake!

agree

but why you direct that burst to me?

15 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yes, I do remember. 

Perhaps we don't have statesmen anymore because the power and influence of individual nations like ours has diminished so much through globalisation? 

The British Empire was globalisation, but Hey! let's do the diminished jig.

25 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Its this kind of thinking that brought about the result. Have you ever had to wait weeks for Drs appointment, drive your kids 10 miles to school rather than walk them to the one a few hundred yards away, have toothache for weeks as no dental vacancy, move away from your area due to a housing shortage....these are the daily problems millions of people are suffering due to mass immigration from the EU. nobody listened then and still they dont listen. dont blame the government for lack of investment, when the countrys population increases by 10% in a few years its impossible to cope with

Brexiteers always end up sounding like old leaflets from the League of Empire Loyalists.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Every leaver talks about how the second vote would be for leave, they’d romp home, no bother at all. But none are willing to put that to the test? Wonder why?

Do you really think a 2nd referendum would solve everything, even if Remain were to scrape home? The EU member states know that at least half of UK voters don't want be a part of the EU project anymore, so our relationship with the EU (and their perception of us) has changed forever. Let's be fair, the UK has always been a reluctant member. The sensible thing is to make sure we leave now, as amicably as possible. 

Rory Stewart explains this very well in an interview with James O'Brien. Listen from 8'40 if you don't want to hear the whole 19 mins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Loss of empire was inevitable but we have very significant strengths which you don't need me to list. But, I do think that we don't bat well these days.

agree

UK has a lot of potential

but you suffer from superiority complexion syndrome and you suffer under archaic political management

If you cannot substantially upgrade your state management system to smth close to modern

you will enjoy future life on the the downward pointing slope - ok for me, UK will end up dead cheap - I love Pensanze

there are lessons to be had from this Brexit adventure

you have SEVERE challenges re state managent, fancy ending up in the mess you are in now

learn - adjust -and make sure similar does not happen again

and this LEARN will be very very difficult and very very costly (in bobs - in proud - in work - in adjustability - and in political and state management) very costly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1