rip off farang live and well

mercman24

1 minute ago, robblok said:

How do you know the girls did not pay already ? I always like it when people assume the worst on their bias. 

Thank goodness for a local knowledged level headed and obviously experienced reply...

45 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

AFAIK Thai are still paying 100 baht for lottery tickets as well.  Did you see Thai before/after you paid 100 baht pay only 80 baht?  I assume this was the case if you are implying Farang are paying more.

The lottery agent that I last used had 80 baht tickets but only in single numbers. If you want more than one ticket with the SAME number be prepared to pay 100 baht per ticket, which strangely enough is the same price that Thais pay.

A single ticket number will win you 6 million baht, 5 tickets with the same number will win you 30 million baht. You figure it out.

Yes clampdowns don't last long because many folks are determined to ignore laws and regulations, It's part of the national psyche - I do what I want, that's it.

Example; Ramkhamhaeng Soi 19 - say 27. 3 or so years back uncountable vendors had taken over the footpath making many pedestrians who need to walk to a bus stop or whatever walk on the very dangerous road.

Then came the crackdown on vendors to totally clear them out but they moved everything back as soon as the cops and army personnel disappeared. Then the army arrived several times with very large trucks, they moved in quickly and threw the stalls and all stock on the trucks, no discussion whatever and drove away.

Then for I guess 18 months BMA officers had a desk and 2 or 3 staff there 24 hours a day to monitor the situation and and act quickly to any transgression - the vendors stayed within their shops, no temporary stalls.

Then maybe 2 weeks ago the MBA officers stopped coming.

Now 90% back to have to walk on the busy dangerous road because hundreds of stalls of 3 years ago. 

People just refuse to respect laws and regulations and have no respect whatever for other peoples rights - I do what I want, that's it.

There's a Lottery shop on the darkside where some tickets are sold for 75 baht (to Thai or farang), but those tickets have crappy numbers; i.e. same numbers repeated in a row.

And I've seen vendors try to raise their prices (for Thai or farang)  if they can sell the idea "my tickets are very lucky, many people have won from me in the past", many Thais are superstitious enough to believe it.