Murder for hire: Gang paid just 5,000 baht to murder teen in drugs dispute in Khon Kaen

webfact

Murder for hire: Gang paid just 5,000 baht to murder teen in drugs dispute

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported that a gang of six young men were paid just 5,000 baht to murder a 17 year old at a school football pitch in Khon Kaen. 

The orders came from a man known only to the gang as "Thep So-Lo". He ordered the hit via Facebook and demanded that a video be taken to prove what had happened. 

The suspects in custody - whose ages range from 16 to 23 - have told police that the hit order came from a man they didn't know but who was not paid for drugs dealt by the victim.

The victim was 17 year old Kurusat who has been named under the moniker "Red Ban Toom" in the media. 

All the suspects have been charged with premeditated murder.

Two guns, two Sparta knives and a broken baseball bat were found at the home of a 37 year old man who was not involved in the murder, reported Sanook. These items are now in the possession of the Khon Kaen police. 

A clip has shown feet and hand held weapons being used in the gang attack earlier this week at a well known but unnamed school at night. 

Meanwhile two of the suspects named only as "Bas" and "Ball" have said they were invited by elder friends to take part and felt pressured by Thai cultural mores (graeng jai) to go along. 

They said that they only did one kick each and it was their understanding that the victim was just going to be given a "warning" but not murdered. 

They apologized to the victim saying it was a mistake to kill him.

They believed that when they left the scene the victim was still looking up and alive. 

Sources: Sanook : Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-17

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What never ceases to amaze me is how the Thai police get all these criminals to actually ADMIT they did the crime. And then, in many cases, they take them to the scene and video record them as they "re-enact" the crime.

And that seems to work with Pharangs, too.

Maybe, we only hear about the ones that confess. In fact, I guess that would make sense. If they claim they're innocent, their faces shouldn't be plastered all over the media sites.

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

For less than a grand apiece?

less than 1000 BAHT each.
Wonder why they came as a gang anyway, stupid and sad people.
RIP victim, small time dealer. Hope other teenagers take heed.

Rest in peace young man 

Praying that the coppers get the one that ordered your death and he and all the others get the longest sentence that's been handed down in Thailand, come on Thailand set an example to deter these terrible terrible murders. 

"Meanwhile two of the suspects named only as "Bas" and "Ball" have said they were invited by elder friends to take part and felt pressured by Thai cultural mores (graeng jai) to go along." - Surely that's not their real names. Hi, my name is Baseball lol...

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Life is cheap in Thailand, and getting cheaper by the minute!!!

But glad to hear that murder for hire is so inexpensive and easily arranged here -- just pop on Facebook, offer a few thousand baht, and people you don't know are willing to take on the job.... Amazing!!!   :ph34r:

The little drawback they all finish in prison so the system is not quite developed yet????

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Seen the video of this and they are nothing but a bunch of animals who deserve to be put down !!

One of the most cowardly and pathetic things I have ever seen and they filmed it !!

You actually went and searched then viewed the sickening video, well that is quite pathetic also. 

As for the victim, well,  if he was a drug dealer then as far as I am concerned he doesn’t deserve sympathy.

As for the murderers and the person who hired them. I just hope they are put away for a long time. Maybe just maybe with the drug dealers off the streets some innocent kids might not get addicted, but I sadly doubt it.  

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Why you guys farang always so serious?? sabaai sabaai....shoe shoe..

Please tell me this is a joke! Someone's son, brother, friend has just been murdered and your asking why farang so serious, you my friend are part of the problem!

RE - Murder for hire: Gang paid just 5,000 baht to murder teen in drugs dispute in Khon Kaen

Sad, but at the same time a frightening thought-wave for the society we live in.....

RIP

Archived