Decades-long Trump ally Roger Stone arrested for lying to Congress

rooster59

Transcript of one side of a phone conversation taken in a Trump supporter's ideal world:

Hello, is that Mr Stone?

Mr Roger Stone?

Hello Mr Stone, it's the FBI here. We were wondering if we could make an appointment sometime this morning to arrest you?

About 10:00?

Oh, that's not convenient for you?  OK, how about this afternoon around 14:00?

No?  And you'll be busy all week?

OK, we'll give you a call later to arrange a time for next week. 

What's that?

No, we don't have any agents currently stationed at the airport.  Why do you ask?

Hello?

Hello?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“For when the One Great Scorer

comes to mark against your name,

He writes not that you won or lost,

but how you played the game!”

– Grantland Rice

Stone and Trump have probably never heard the above words. Winning is all that matters to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

FBI probably still not need to do the heavily-armed, pre-dawn raid thing.  

Considering that none of the federal agents were getting any pay at the time of the raid, there was probably some subliminal feeling of payback. I wouldn't have been surprised if the FBI included an armored vehicle in the raid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slip said:

Far fetched IMO.

If Stone told Hannity 'say something on air about HRC's health, she is not well' that is far from conspiracy. It does show a lack of journalistic standards, but that is a given.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Far fetched IMO.

If Stone told Hannity 'say something on air about HRC's health, she is not well' that is far from conspiracy. It does show a lack of journalistic standards, but that is a given.

Something I can agree with you about, and all the more so given her collapse on live tv, which did lead to a lot of speculation about her health.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems the Trump haters just can't stop themselves coming up with ever more ludicrous scenarios to "get" Trump on something. anything at all. I haven't been counting but there have been hundreds of similar accusations that are forgotten as soon as the next ridiculous accusation comes out. None, far as I know have lasted more than a few days. Even the adult movie woman seems to have been forgotten as her case crashes and burns in the courts.

Actually my sangfroid is directed at Hannity on this occasion.