The LGBT+ community is too sensitive

Oxx

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

LGBT +, what does the + donate,not another gender surely.

regards worgeordie

The LGBT is more about orientation than gender. Some in the past few years tried to negate the T, though the T's stood with LGB at Stonewall (this year is the 50th, by the way), so I say they stay. Regardless, the plus denotes any other initials someone might care to attach whether a more recent "q" which many don't care for that word or I think I've seen an i there but I have no idea what i is for. I just stick with LGBT and leave it at that.

11 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Sick of all this nonsense. Many people get the piss taken out of them. Big ears, Too fat, Etc. Get over it. I don't care one way or the other what anyone is. 

You don't get murdered for big ears.

Furthermore, there is no excuse for bullying . Get over it.

We are here and we'll stay visible. Get over it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, thaicurious said:

Well it used to be hidden, then it came out, then it went online. So your confusion is understandable. 

Not really what I was getting at.

This article says it better than I can.

The Myth of the Gay Community

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/01/have-gay-americans-outgrown-their-community/384996/

2 hours ago, thaicurious said:

The LGBT is more about orientation than gender. Some in the past few years tried to negate the T, though the T's stood with LGB at Stonewall (this year is the 50th, by the way), so I say they stay. Regardless, the plus denotes any other initials someone might care to attach whether a more recent "q" which many don't care for that word or I think I've seen an i there but I have no idea what i is for. I just stick with LGBT and leave it at that.

"I" is for intersex, and in the US, I also saw an "A" added, for asexual. 

All i can add is that my watering hole is 65% Gay. They are retired folk, mix with all and dont post here, they are not fond off the posts here from what they say or the younger yappy ones, So for me they are just the same as me, old n grumpy.!. Change those initials, reminds most folks of a Bacon Sandwich.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The vocal minority are too sensitive. That's all.

I don't think I've met an overly sensitive gay person in my entire life. I think they mostly exist on the internet.

Except perhaps a friend called Gerry in London - who did 18 months for GBH when 3 guys shouted abuse at him & his boyfriend from across the road and he went & beat them up.  Wouldn't call him sensitive to his face though....

• 3 months later...
On 1/28/2019 at 7:10 PM, thaicurious said:

I is for Intersex. 

Research the Intersex definitions, chromosomal variance, the person who is Intersex could be of any sexual orientation, many no diagnosed until later in life

Major symptom of over sensitive: hears some people express themselves over real concern, imediately label them as "sensitive"

Political correct, SJW, these phrases are becoming excuse for everything; a movie's bad, must been caused by political correctness! got into an accident, must because some SJWs! 

• 9 months later...
On 6/2/2019 at 8:50 AM, RJRS1301 said:

I is for Intersex. 

Research the Intersex definitions, chromosomal variance, the person who is Intersex could be of any sexual orientation, many no diagnosed until later in life

however many intersex do not Always identify as lesbian,gay,transgender, or bisexual, which are orientations, not chromosomal variances. 

• 10 months later...

Sensitivity in people equates to non tolerance.  Add in the Woke movement, and now Dr. Seuss books have been found to be insensitive and 6 books have been pulled.  Then you have the issue with Mr. and Mrs. Potato head toys.  You just can not make this stuff up. 

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/03/02/digital-book-burning-comes-for-dr-seuss-on-his-birthday-n1429434

• 3 weeks later...

[quote]

We were taught that homosexuality was a sin, it was illegal and it was a mental disorder.   People were imprisoned for it.   People were locked up in mental institutions for it.  

[/quote]

You must be considerably older than me (I'm 62).  At school in the UK, I was never taught any of that about gay people. I had teachers who were gay, but one's sexual orientation and practices (where gay or straight), were a private matter.  No-one cared what your sexual orientation was, and they certainly didn't discriminate against you if you were gay.  At my school, the colour of your skin didn't matter either. Perhaps my school was very progressive and maybe things were different in other countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

We were taught that homosexuality was a sin, it was illegal and it was a mental disorder.   People were imprisoned for it.   People were locked up in mental institutions for it.  

[/quote]

You must be considerably older than me (I'm 62).  At school in the UK, I was never taught any of that about gay people. I had teachers who were gay, but one's sexual orientation and practices (where gay or straight), were a private matter.  No-one cared what your sexual orientation was, and they certainly didn't discriminate against you if you were gay.  At my school, the colour of your skin didn't matter either. Perhaps my school was very progressive and maybe things were different in other countries.

Society "taught" discrimination through culture, legislation had people imprisoned for the "abdominal crime of buggery" imprisonment up 14 years in UK (until changes sexual offences act 1967) and its dominions and colonies until law reform, then societal change came slowly

Many schools also allowed bullying of diverse persons because of race, colour, creed, sexual orientation. Thuggery

• Like 1