Video: Whose fault was it - the bike or the truck?

webfact

Video: Whose fault was it - the bike or the truck?

2pmV!.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A husband, fed up with a neighbor's claims that his son was innocent, posted a CCTV clip on Facebook to show what he said was the truth. 

Ramak Phaencharoen, 44, from Buriram, asked people on social media who they thought was to blame in the accident that injured his wife Lamai, 44. 

CCTV footage from some roadside property showed a six wheel truck emerge from a side soi onto the local road next to a main road. The earth laden truck went over Lamai on her motorcycle with both its front and back wheels then turned onto a main road.

Good Samaritans rushed to her aid and, reported Sanook, stopped the truck from fleeing the scene.

Fortunately she was not killed but she needed 12 stitches to an ankle and seven in a head wound and had been unable to work for a month since the accident on Christmas Day. 

The driver of the truck refused to help with any payments but Lamai got 28,545 baht from the insurance of the truck. 

All of the participants in this incident live in the same village.

Ramak was furious when the father of the truck driver started bad-mouthing his wife saying that she was responsible and was a useless motorbike rider. 

Ramak decided to post the CCTV evidence on Facebook to show what he said was the truth. 

Lamai told Sanook she was on her way to market. She slowed when she saw the truck that then appeared to stop before speeding up and colliding with her. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-29

4 minutes ago, seajae said:

truck is at fault, main road has right of way, have to wonder at the drivers condition as he would have had to see the bike, know he hit it but kept driving until stopped. Trucks seem to think they automatically can do as they please because of their size, then again bike riders seem to think they can as well because they are smaller

Yes the truck turned onto the main road that makes him at fault as that is the norm in almost all countries. I would have liked it if the clip was a bit longer. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

main road that makes him at fault as that is the norm in almost all countries. I

If there is no sign, then there is no rule for that. Sorry ...

However there most likely was a sign giving the main road right of way. And bottom line, the first rule always is: drive safe. Safe for you and others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enki said:

If there is no sign, then there is no rule for that. Sorry ...

However there most likely was a sign giving the main road right of way. And bottom line, the first rule always is: drive safe. Safe for you and others.

Strange as far as I know when joining a main road joining traffic always has to give way to traffic already traveling on the main road. I thought that was a normal thing the world over. It is in my country sign or no sign. Becomes a bit different if you don't know what the main road is but its pretty clear what is the main road in this picture.

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

Strange as far as I know when joining a main road joining traffic always has to give way to traffic already traveling on the main road. I thought that was a normal thing the world over. It is in my country sign or no sign. Becomes a bit different if you don't know what the main road is but its pretty clear what is the main road in this picture.

Not in France.

27 minutes ago, Enki said:

I wonder why the picture is mirror imaged. They drive on the "right side" in the video.

that would then indicate the man who got out the truck was a 'passenger'

Maybe it was the driver's Dad??