For those who use visa agents ... A heads up.

39 minutes ago, roger buttmore said:

Moral of the story:  If you can't afford an agent .. ????

Moral is if you can't afford, or choose not to deposit 400K/800K, you don't qualify to be here.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

What you are leaving out is, at many immigration offices, in-person honest applications are not welcomed.

Some IOs even recommend specific agents (try getting a Non-O stamp in Jomtien).  //

I find strange that you take Jomtien as example. I depend on Jomtien Immigration and never had any problem, never felt like unwelcomed. I got my Non-O there (but 5 years ago, different).

I don't see how people can have problems with an Immigration Officer when doing their retirement extension, seeing that we don't have contact with any! My files are always checked by one of young helpers outside the area were the officer(s) is/are. Only "contact" is when the lady give me back my passport.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Not in the context of them changing the deal on you by requiring half left in there, untouchable for living expenses. If someone could afford it and now can't due to Thailand changing the deal without grandfathering I am not sure they are in the wrong.

I never said anyone was wrong, I said if you can't comply with whatever immigration throws at you, you don't qualify to stay here. It might not be fair, but then life isn't.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You forgot about income methods, including combo methods.

Basically, you have to comply with whatever the criteria immigration sets, if you can't no good whinging about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Not in the context of them changing the deal on you by requiring half left in there, untouchable for living expenses. If someone could afford it and now can't due to Thailand changing the deal without grandfathering I am not sure they are in the wrong.

If you don't want the 800/400k blocked in the Thai bank,

just send your 800k in your home country account

and move to the 65k/month method. Easy :wink:

15 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I find strange that you take Jomtien as example. I depend on Jomtien Immigration and never had any problem, never felt like unwelcomed. I got my Non-O there (but 5 years ago, different).

I don't see how people can have problems with an Immigration Officer when doing their retirement extension, seeing that we don't have contact with any! My files are always checked by one of young helpers outside the area were the officer(s) is/are. Only "contact" is when the lady give me back my passport.

Yes, there for retirement is reported very easy.  It's a different story at the family desk (difficult) and Non-O desk (impossible or nearly so).  Not just me, either - many reports.

Edited by JackThompson

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I never said anyone was wrong, I said if you can't comply with whatever immigration throws at you, you don't qualify to stay here. It might not be fair, but then life isn't.

I disagree with that in the context of TAT actively marketing Thailand as a "Retirement" destination and Imm then not grandfathering (the key is grandfathering in the context of retirement, not changes per se)  - yes I know it is a Non Imm visa extended 1yr at a time. I just don't think it is ethical to promote a country as a retirement destination and then change the deal on people. I am not unable to comply but will leave Thailand at some point due to my acid test of non grandfathering telling me all I need to know as to its suitability for my old age. IMO all they had to do was grandfather existing retirees (yes I know, marriage too), not really in the sense of "grandfathering" but some method of checking an application was legit that did not increase the amount required.

Currency fluctuations for example is an example where if you can no longer comply that is something you should have considered and not the fault of Thailand (conspiracy theories don't apply). That said, major currency fluctuations is not something businesses consider until the first time they really get hit by it.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This is a discussion forum, dude. If analysis of the new, onerous, and deeply UNCLEAR recent police orders sometimes comes off as whining, too freakin' bad, dude. Don't read it then if you're overly sensitive and get a rash. People can react to these changes any way they like. Obviously, DUH, when you go in with your application, the officer considers your application based on his interpretation of the rules and if you don't meet them, you're rejected, so thank you Captain Obvious for that one. 

I'm not in the least bit sensitive to the situation. There are several topics running, all discussing the recent changes, with lots of huffing and puffing about moving to alternative countries, and how unfair Thai immigration is, but not sure how any of this is going to improve the situation one jot, other than to get some aggro off your chest. So whinge away.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

The embassies did not "throw their toys out of the pram". Thai immigration realised that the 4 embassies were not confirming the details but rather just stamping the application, so they said that they could not accept them.

The British Embassy did nothing of the sort. They followed a similar proceedurew to many embassies that continue to issue the letters.

Also, TI made the announcement to all embassies, not just the 4 that have stopped issuing letters.

That's what I have been told at CW for the last 5 years - 30 days in advance, max.  Never heard of 40, 45 or 60 days before, ever.“

????????

I have done that 2 times at CW, 

45 days before the date. 

Edited by The Theory

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Then they don't qualify to be retirees in Thailand. Don't expect that the rules should cater to every case.

Nonsense, if they have 65k/ month or more they do qualify, the 800k is not obligatory. Yet some deity like individuals state that not having the lump sum precludes them!

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nonsense, if they have 65k/ month or more they do qualify, the 800k is not obligatory. Yet some deity like individuals state that not having the lump sum precludes them!

I was talking specifically about the 400/800K deposit and those who either can't or won't comply with it.

7 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

In the majority of the countries, be it the USA UK or most of the countries of Europe, I do not believe that all honest workers or retirees have five months out of twelve a minimum 25,000 dollars on their account and the other months their accounts never go down below 12/13000 dollars. That's what immigration demands. And please Sir do not think that I preach for my chapel last year I had 1,500,000, the year before more since I bought a second Chevrolet Trailblazer and this year I will buy a small land for my wife so I would probably have round 3,000.000m however  no offence Sir but  I think your remark "do not qualify", lack of understanding, I do not speak for the cheaters for I totally dislike them too. But honest people can legitimately have difficulty blocking 25.000$ for five months. I hope we do not judge an individual solely by the size of his wallet or it becomes very sad. Once again I give my opinion a different one without the smallest intention to offence you :smile:

I don't decide who or who doesn't qualify, immigration does.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I was talking specifically about the 400/800K deposit and those who either can't or won't comply with it.

Well the post of mine you quoted was actually a response to

Just put 800k in the bank and get on with your life.

No harm!????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not in Thailand.

Agree absolutely. I will add agree 100% ????

BUT... 1+1=2 was an answer to: 

If no expats was trying to fraud the system,

there would be no work for agents and they would just disappear.

So no offence Sir but allow me to stubbornly repeat 1+1=2 :smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

"Some worrying news came this morning.  This is just a heads up so don't take it as gospel." - What's the "worrying news" you are talking about??? There's nothing worrying in the post at all. Those two dodgy scamming agents can't do their illegal stuff anymore and your buddy will get kicked out of the country for illegally doing dodgy things to stay here. Thailand doesn't need these type of law breaking foreigners who don't have the funds to stay here.

You speak for Thailand, do you?

Bwahahahaha

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The Theory said:

That's what I have been told at CW for the last 5 years - 30 days in advance, max.  Never heard of 40, 45 or 60 days before, ever.“

????????

I have done that 2 times at CW, 

45 days before the date. 

You can do 45 days early under special circumstances.

If you can prove that you will not be in Thailand from 30 days up to the extension date by showing a ticket out of Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Whats so funny , sure plenty of agents in Pattaya but Key Visa opposite Big C are one of the better ones , and no scams as one poster trying to suggest . 

His name is Darren.  If you want to recommend someone else up to you. 

• Like 1

Just now, balo said:

Whats so funny , sure plenty of agents in Pattaya but Key Visa opposite Big C are one of the better ones , and no scams as one poster trying to suggest . 

His name is Darren.  If you want to recommend someone else up to you. 

I only posted what was on the Key Visa Website, I didn’t suggest anything.

• Like 1