90 day report, new rules?

In need of a bit of advice.

I am in Thailand on a retirement extension and use the 800k method. I never let my "visa" account drop below 800k so money is not the problem.I renewed my extension in September of last year and my 90 day report is due on 20th of march. Will the new rules be applied in March so that i will have to get a letter from my bank showing 400k ?, or will the new rule not apply till later?

Thanks in advance

Personally I don't believe your 90 day report will have anything to do with your balance in your account. Since you maintain 800k minimum you will will satisfy new rules...800k 3 month after and then 400k.

I use 800k method and obtained last extension Nov 2018. Now will do exactly what you are currently. Just leave it in your account.

Many think that the 800k 3 month post extension along with the min 400k will be checked upon your next extension. In my case Nov 2019.....

Can't be tied to 90 day report. What if you are outside of los. What if you never do 90 day reports etc

• Like 2

I don't think anyone knows how or if they will check for the required monthly balances.  I also think that banks will not be happy if they now have to produce 4 letters a year instead of 1.

Edited by AAArdvark
typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve187 said:

wait and see what will be required, the 90 day report can be doe by post or online, or in fact some people do not need to do a 90 day report, so the bank book will not be required for this.

Delete....already covered by bkk and jacko

Edited by DrJack54
Error

The truth is that no one yet knows how the new rules will be enforced.

Checking retroactively at the next extension seems most likely (especially since 90 day rpt can be done by mail or online in many locations) but there have been reports of at least one office telling people to bring proof of bank balance at next report.

OP should actually not be subject to the new rules yet as his extension was done last September. but there too, different IOs may act difficulty.

in sum, for OP, unlikely you will need anything but to be safe bring along updated bank book or bank statement. Do not show unless asked.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Been here 7 years. Annual extension based on retirement. Have never done a 90 day report. 

Technically, you are in breach of the law, unless you are shuttling to and from Thailand on a frequent basis, thereby resetting the 90 day date of report.

Up until two years ago, I had never done a TM30. The excrement hit the fan when I went for my extension then. It was fobbed off to the agent acting for my landlord. I've done it since to be on the safe side.

I guess Immigration being what it is, there will always be occasions when we fall through the cracks.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Technically, you are in breach of the law, unless you are shuttling to and from Thailand on a frequent basis, thereby resetting the 90 day date of report.

Up until two years ago, I had never done a TM30. The excrement hit the fan when I went for my extension then. It was fobbed off to the agent acting for my landlord. I've done it since to be on the safe side.

I guess Immigration being what it is, there will always be occasions when we fall through the cracks.

Its more about the immigration office. CW does not ask for tm30 for retirement extensions. There was a report at cw that member was asked for tm30 and his extension was based on marriage. Few other things come into it. I have never changed address that would require a tm28 & 30. 

I realize strictly speaking you are suppose to do one. In any event this thread was about 90 day report. Never done one. Not required unless in los for 90 conservative days

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

Will the new rules be applied in March so that i will have to get a letter from my bank showing 400k ?, or will the new rule not apply till later?

There is nothing in the rules stating you need to show your bank balance when doing a 90 day report. That was  just a rumor started in a radio stations news report.

• Thanks 1