Touch Up Sticks.

trainman34014

Bought me a new Mitsubishi and after a year i needed a Touch Up Stick for a few nicks.  Been to several Mitsubishi dealers and just got blank looks; they all say 'Get job done at Paintshop'.

Do i really have to wait until i am back in Europe to get such a simple item ?

11 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I looked high and low for one but couldn't get the correct colour. I settled for a spray can. Sprayed a small lid then used a fine brush to dab on the spot that needed doing.

you must love your car?  Mine is just a way to get from A to B. I try not to get too bunched about  small scratches and marks. They are inevitable in Thailand, which is why I paid just 700,000 for my new Toyota and not 2 million for a nice shinny pick up truck.  Mrs P was most put out.   

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

they all say 'Get job done at Paintshop'.

There right you can buy some from a auto paint workshop and get the right match depending on the colour, some colours deteriorate over time, compensation age can be made in matching many shade colours.

14 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

you must love your car?  Mine is just a way to get from A to B. I try not to get too bunched about  small scratches and marks. They are inevitable in Thailand, which is why I paid just 700,000 for my new Toyota and not 2 million for a nice shinny pick up truck.  Mrs P was most put out.   

My lump is white and I had a small mark on the back bumper that showed through black use to annoy me. So a dab of white paint sorted that. Still not the same colour but better than black.

Mine is also a work horse that has got to last 8/9+ years. If taken care of service wise etc, will give trouble free motoring, it'll also return a decent price when sold. So a 60bt paint can is worth all the monies.

N/B the two things I love about my Lump is that it's high up and big holds lots of goodies and enables me to see in front of the other lumps on the road. 

• Like 1