UK's Labour says it will back call for second Brexit referendum

webfact

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

you are quite right

status same same, from a formal  point of view

but my god - status and clout - UK would far down compared to before A50

We would definitely be going back with our tail between our legs. It would help if we had an election soon after (quite likely) and elected a pro Europe government, haven't had one of those for a while. However, I just don't see one out there.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Grouse said:

The current Brexit minister is a bad bastard. Going on today about no deal Brexit still being on the  table even after parliament voted by a large margin against a no deal Brexit!

Who do these bloody people think they are?

I smell a rat

WHY is nobody mentioning May's arbitrary and unilateral red lines? Why?

The EU have said the deal can not be reopened unless May moves the red lines. Does anyone know what they are?

I for one would have been happy to compromise, but I'm not putting up with this crap.

I tell you the CONs don't give a rat's ass about respecting the referendum result or anything else. It's just an obvious fig leaf to cover some scheme to all of our disadvantage.

Of course the morons are just being led by the nose to the shower blocks.

right,

I can easily understand your frustration

however, in my view, what you experience now is largely down to what 

I would classify as a non sovereign parliament

you and this SW user boast over and over that the UK parliament is sovereign and

can decide whatever they fancy whenever they fancy

In my view, this Brexit process has demonstrated very very clearly over and over again that the UK

parliament is not sovereign at all, as far as Brexit is concerned the parliament is mostly under the

iron heel of the PM.

Many historians refer to this as Enlightened one man rule, medieval stuff that is

admittedly the most stable system of ruling mankind has seen, but not really

suitable for today's world - and somewhat far from what is perceived as democratic

The UK lives in the past, the UK has an electoral system of the past, the UK has a political system of the past

if you cannot tidy this up it doesn't really matter whether you are in or outside EU,

in the longer run your slope will be pointing downwards

the Brexit process has shown quite clearly that UK quite simply is not able to handle modern complex political challenges.

shame on you

make an effort to catch up, you may fare well

9 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

The site linked to is dubious, but surely you are not now doubting that Soros's 1 billion pound short sell of the pound happened?  Its no secret!

Every single person who dabbles in the neo-Fascist Jewish Conspiracy dog-whistle politics of attacking Soros (for that is what it is), is just putting out a flag where their politics is leaning. Either they are deliberate or stupid or both.

46 minutes ago, Spidey said:

We would definitely be going back with our tail between our legs. It would help if we had an election soon after (quite likely) and elected a pro Europe government, haven't had one of those for a while. However, I just don't see one out there.

Arent the conservatives pro European ?

The problems of our adversarial system became evident when Parliament firstly convinced itself that those who voted to Leave, didnt know what they were actually voting for. So that, after receiving the mandate from the electorate, Parliament chose to tell the people that a vote to Leave actually meant a Vote to negotiate a deal, this despite not one person putting a cross in a box marked ‘negotiate for a deal’ on their ballot paper.

https://waxlyricals.wordpress.com/2018/12/13/is-parliament-fit-for-purpose/

16 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

right,

you and this SW user boast over and over that the UK parliament is sovereign and

In my view, this Brexit process has demonstrated very very clearly over and over again that the UK

parliament is not sovereign at all, as far as Brexit is concerned the parliament is mostly under the

iron heel of the PM.

Many historians refer to this as Enlightened one man rule, medieval stuff that is

suitable for today's world - and somewhat far from what is perceived as democratic

The UK lives in the past, the UK has an electoral system of the past, the UK has a political system of the past

if you cannot tidy this up it doesn't really matter whether you are in or outside EU,

the Brexit process has shown quite clearly that UK quite simply is not able to handle modern complex political challenges.

shame on you

The good news is that readers can disregard the pointless endless drivel from the distraught Hard Brexiteers having their breakdowns. The bad news is that it is not game over yet. The fat lady has not yet sung. All that has happened is that the odds have shifted away from Hard Brexit. The other good news is the resultant rise in Sterling. 

54 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Interestingly, a Conservative M.P. Suggested this morning on U.K.  T.V 

that if T.May gets a bill through Parliament before April, then she may then quickly call a general election.

That’s going to give ANN Soubry and other treacherous M.p’s food for thought.

1 minute ago, aright said:

The problems of our adversarial system became evident when Parliament firstly convinced itself that those who voted to Leave, didnt know what they were actually voting for. So that, after receiving the mandate from the electorate, Parliament chose to tell the people that a vote to Leave actually meant a Vote to negotiate a deal, this despite not one person putting a cross in a box marked ‘negotiate for a deal’ on their ballot paper.

https://waxlyricals.wordpress.com/2018/12/13/is-parliament-fit-for-purpose/

Oh, its back to the broken record distortions from the Hard Brexiteers. It needs to be said yet again that no details about the terms of exit on the referendum. No deal is and always has been one option among others. 

Just now, nontabury said:

that if T.May gets a bill through Parliament before April, then she may then quickly call a general election.

Plenty of suggestions flying around and around.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

What a nasty little person you are, and so obviously a Remainer.

You have no point to make, so insults will do the job until something better comes along.

As always Chomper Higgot is confused though I have no idea why.

10 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Oh, its back to the broken record distortions from the Hard Brexiteers. It needs to be said yet again that no details about the terms of exit on the referendum. No deal is and always has been one option among others. 

I think you missed "After all, if we had a truly representative Parliament, with members who actually represented the wishes of their electorate then we would’ve left the EU by now." 

18 minutes ago, nontabury said:

It may also give TM some food for thought.

43 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The good news is that readers can disregard the pointless endless drivel from the distraught Hard Brexiteers having their breakdowns. The bad news is that it is not game over yet. The fat lady has not yet sung. All that has happened is that the odds have shifted away from Hard Brexit. The other good news is the resultant rise in Sterling. 

We must be grateful for small mercies.....

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

right,

iron heel of the PM.

shame on you

all that is very hard to prove given that we have a majority remain parliament.

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Your needle is jumping!

4 hours ago, nontabury said:

Fake news,which building in London is in full production.

Posted by the deputy leader of UKIP. More fake news. Just trying to justify Tommy Islam's vitriol against the BBC.

51 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Posted by the deputy leader of UKIP. More fake news. Just trying to justify Tommy Islam's vitriol against the BBC.

If it’s fake, and the BBC does not produce fake news, then simple break it down,bit by bit.  Though I very much doubt you can, with facts.

3CC79E8A-73DA-4306-9516-F98AEF2401BC.jpeg

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

yes - GBP up is good news, not only for retirees in LoS but for the well being of UK

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

Just been reading up on Soros

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

Seems to be s great man. We need more philanthropists like him. I like his politics also.

So he stuffed Lamont. Good. I lost a house when he raised interest rates to 16% on a 200,000 mortgage 30 years ago.

Using money to prevent a democratic referendum to justify your own agenda, is not a great man in my book. I guess we have different morals.

Plus he has a very questionable background on how he gets his money.

Archived