UK's Labour says it will back call for second Brexit referendum

webfact

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The Brexit party.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/99650/can-the-brexit-party-succeed

I signed up 2 weeks ago.

The Pied Piper still has the rats following him it's good to see into oblivion. The security services, police and army if necessary will maintain robust law and order, particularly against gammon if push comes to shove. Which it won't - a few thousand frothing gammon singing along to good old Stephen Laxley-Lennon and getting kettled in central London for a few hours (Tommy Robinson as he likes to be called) is a very definition of futile. 

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I get all of that but promising what couldn't be delivered because it was all fantasy results in where we are now.  Given the people the vote in the first place was profoundly stupid!

Well your not alone,at least one other remoaner on these threads,also thinks it was a bad idea to allow universal suffrage. Preferring the old electoral system,where only the moneyed Gentry where allowed to place a cross on the voting paper. While the rest of the populace went about,touching their forelock.

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well then the Remain vote will be a landslide I have often mused that Thai anti-junta parties should refuse to take part in the forthcoming election and let Prayuth have a landslide without any democratic credentials.

yes,

I was about to opine the same as a comment to another post, if UK politicians annoy voters in large numbers too much, for everybody to vote SNP or LibDem will not happen

an act of real revenge could be to refuse to vote and refuse to partake in referenda, that would leave the government and the house with their pants down and in a democratic vacuum without any credibility

4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You were the one complaining that someone “keep[s] asking people the same question, untill they give [that one] the answer that [that one] want to hear” just to admit now that there actually is “No in particular” that does that.   

No, I just meant generally , I wasnt referring any particular person or any previous event .

I was talking about the possibility of another UK Brexit referendum and democracy

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nope.

I don't see an equivalency in those two things at all.

EU countries are not colonies of the EU. They are fully participating members of EU. 

Nice try. No cigar.

I would stay in and have a VOICE in reforming the EU. 

Then why after the Boston tea party, did thousands of your countrymen give up trying to reform the rebels, and instead emigrated to British Canada.

And remember those in the American colonies were never given the opportunity, by either King George or George Washington to participate in a Democratic vote. Unlike the British people, who turned out in their millions, in fact the largest turn out in a British election. And the result was a majority in favour of leaving this so called Union.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Unfortunately before the UK can legally trade on its own, WTO or country to country, the UK has to leave the EU. Until we reach that point of having left the EU we are bound by the EU rules to allow the EU negotiating team to do it for us and to get the approval of all 28 or 27 countries.

This is one reason why the EU/Canada deal took 10 years.

When there are only 2 countries talking about a trade deal it is so much easier.

Having said that there is the possibility that negotiations have been going on but the full deal will be on hold until the UK leaves the EU.

and,

do not forget, before the UK can trade as an equal partner in WTO she must have her schedules/offers/quotas

in order and agreed by the WTO membership

The UK started way way too late on this process, total lack of foresight,

and for a long long time the UK had wet dreams about the A50 process leading to fat trade deals.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

I am sure many would if they were in competition with them.  The people I know trade with them so they may take a different view.  They are certainly very supportive of the UK.

when I made my comment I was probably viewing this more in a political perspective than

a business/trade  perspective

a weaker EU would offer more room for American influence, anywhere in the world

it is a 2 sided sword though

US and EU are not infrequently in spats over this and that, with UK in EU

her voice would often be US friendly

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

UKIP 1.8% 2017 election.

Can't wait!

And in the 2014 E.u elections UKIP gained well over 26%, a figure higher than the Conservative or Labour parties.

Come 2019, UKIP without the leadership of Nigel Farage, is not the force it once was. However what is not being mentioned by the U.K media, who prefer To promote those Labour M.p’s who have gone against their parties manifesto, rather than mentioning the interest in N.F pro Brexit party.

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Finally you have admitted it. Don't make false statements that less people would vote for leave in the referendum, if their was another one. It is called lying.

It's impossible to prove with 100% certainty, but it's possible to make reasonable assumptions .

So the polls show about 6% of those voting leave regretting that decision.

About 2.5 million people have died in the UK since the referendum . It's pretty certain that some of those would have been leave voters, but impossible for me to prove that fact to you. 

Saying what is almost certainly true, but is hard to prove is not lying.

Alternatively many leverers have said that every person who voted to leave, voted for a hard, no deal brexit . Can you prove that to me ? 

39 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Then why after the Boston tea party, did thousands of your countrymen give up trying to reform the rebels, and instead emigrated to British Canada.

And remember those in the American colonies were never given the opportunity, by either King George or George Washington to participate in a Democratic vote. Unlike the British people, who turned out in their millions, in fact the largest turn out in a British election. And the result was a majority in favour of leaving this so called Union.

Weird comment.

Of course some Americans were British loyalists. 

If the American colony had been allowed representation in the British government, there wouldn't have been a revolution in the first place.

Again, these are not equivalent things. 

30 minutes ago, tebee said:

It's impossible to prove with 100% certainty, but it's possible to make reasonable assumptions .

About 2.5 million people have died in the UK since the referendum . It's pretty certain that some of those would have been leave voters, but impossible for me to prove that fact to you. 

Alternatively many leverers have said that every person who voted to leave, voted for a hard, no deal brexit . Can you prove that to me ? 

2.5 million dead

how many of those were voters?

I would assume most, but there ought to be clear numbers for that in the national statistics office

What the UK will avoid if she leaves next month.

The EU is now demanding legal power to stop national legislation before

it is approved an enacted.

(the initiative is not entirely new but it is now being reinforced)

This is in particular related to legislation affecting trade and business (services directive).

To compare with Thailand,

we have stipulations, regulation, rulez developed and enacted

at the amphoe level and at the province level and of course at the national level

EU now wants that all new rulez

should be reported to EU at least 3 months before planned enactment, so that the Commission can check the rulez and formally stop rulez they disagree with before final national approval and enactment. A pretty tall call if you ask me, if you don't ask, still a pretty tall call. This is cutting off a large chunk of the sovereignty of the nation state.

19 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

What the UK will avoid if she leaves next month.

The EU is now demanding legal power to stop national legislation before

it is approved an enacted.

(the initiative is not entirely new but it is now being reinforced)

This is in particular related to legislation affecting trade and business (services directive).

To compare with Thailand,

we have stipulations, regulation, rulez developed and enacted

at the amphoe level and at the province level and of course at the national level

EU now wants that all new rulez

should be reported to EU at least 3 months before planned enactment, so that the Commission can check the rulez and formally stop rulez they disagree with before final national approval and enactment. A pretty tall call if you ask me, if you don't ask, still a pretty tall call. This is cutting off a large chunk of the sovereignty of the nation state.

Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey.

3 hours ago, tebee said:

Stop making false statements then.

"Saying what is almost certainly true, but is hard to prove is not lying."

I asked you to prove your statement and you have continually to try and deflect that the statement is pants. The same was true before the first referendum as many said.

Finally admit it your statement was wrong and can't be proved. Going round in circles trying to justify something you said as fact is childish. Man up and admit you can't prove it.

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

Flogging a dead horse

But don't worry, once Brexit is stopped, no government will EVER ask the people for an opinion again. So enjoy it, it's the last gig.

Maybe in your Orwellian world but in reality I firmly believe that no matter happens this next few years the UK and EU relationship is damaged and irreparable. Best for both would be to part now and try and become friends of some sort. Keeping the UK by blind force will fuel discontent and no matter what, people will campaign for a break.

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Maybe in your Orwellian world but in reality I firmly believe that no matter happens this next few years the UK and EU relationship is damaged and irreparable. Best for both would be to part now and try and become friends of some sort. Keeping the UK by blind force will fuel discontent and no matter what, people will campaign for a break.

Well I’ll grant you Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Banks and a handful of other self serving sociopaths have put a lot of effort into trying to damage the UK’s relationship with the EU, but the adults in the room will deal with it.

A good point to start this healing process (that will take place) is finding out who was funding Brexit and the Brexit propaganda and why.

cui bono?

Not ‘the man (woman or child) in the street’ that’s for sure.

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well I’ll grant you Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Banks and a handful of other self serving sociopaths have put a lot of effort into trying to damage the UK’s relationship with the EU, but the adults in the room will deal with it.

A good point to start this healing process (that will take place) is finding out who was funding Brexit and the Brexit propaganda and why.

cui bono?

Not ‘the man (woman or child) in the street’ that’s for sure.

Ha ha. So the 17.4 million that voted leave are not adults. That's insulting. Are you suggesting that only the leave campaign was funded by external people.

Have you ever heard of George Soros? Look the vile creature up and see just what a fine upstanding criminal he is. Plus how much he has funded the remain campaign and especially backing for a second referendum.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Hard Brexit wheels coming off.

39 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Ha ha. So the 17.4 million that voted leave are not adults. That's insulting. Are you suggesting that only the leave campaign was funded by external people.

Have you ever heard of George Soros? Look the vile creature up and see just what a fine upstanding criminal he is. Plus how much he has funded the remain campaign and especially backing for a second referendum.

Oh Hello! Its the Conspiracy Theory loons jumping about.

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

I can.

UKIP in 2016 is a completely different party nowadays.

Agreed. Now taken over by Tommy Islam and his cohorts. If they do field candidates, I can see a lot of lost deposits.

8 hours ago, Loiner said:

Straight into the lap of a party that has the working class at heart.

You mean white working class? Good to know that you, Laughing Gravy and Sanemax fit the stereotype of Brexiteers.

14 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

If there were going to be less immigrants they would have closed the borders pre-Brexit, that is what we learned, that the EU had nothing to do with the UK opening our borders, Thatcher had negotiated an exemption from free movement from the beginning and Blair chose to open them, so only a complete dreamer would imagine that suddenly we will be closing them just because you want them to.

Where have i said that i want borders closed?

There is everything to suggest that we will be worse off, noticed all the countries biting our arm off for a trade agreement?  Noticed our currency surging?  Noticed jobs moving to the UK?  No?  Actually all the opposite, less trade deals, weaker currency and less jobs? 

Less trade deals? Trade deals take a lot of time to negotiate and we haven't even left yet.

Weaker currency? The currency was pretty weak before all this, and all the while there is complete uncertainty, thanks to sore losers in Parliament like you, trying to block delivering the outcome of the referendum, the currency will suffer.

Less jobs? Hardly. Compare unemployment in the UK with other European countries.

The majority is evidenced by every poll going, but live in your little fantasy land if you need to.

Every poll going? Are you sure about that? You do know what "every" means?

Even if your lie above were true, i'd be careful about trusting those things. You know, you'd think you guys might have learnt something from recent experience with polls. Seems not. Arrogantly declaring yourselves the winner of this losers vote even before it has been agreed upon.

As for my "fantasy land"... what fantasy land is that then? I haven't made any predictions about which way the vote would go. The only prediction i am making is that it will resolve absolutely nothing. Remainers are incapable of seeing that, so blinded they are in a desire to get revenge for having lost last time. And you'll look stupid whichever way the vote goes. If you lose, you'll have egg on your faces for having been so confident about winning. In you win, you'll constantly have people quoting back at you things said before by remainers, like, "referendums are only advisory", "narrow victories are not decisive", "democracy didn't stop the day after the vote - no reason why there shouldn't be another vote" and "you didn't know what you were voting for".

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The official term is "w555ers" who always seem to be losing their deposits. Baht - pound 21.48 today - let's all celebrate that. 

Don't do that! Nearly had a heart attack. Thankfully a typo, currently 41.55.

Archived