UK's Labour says it will back call for second Brexit referendum

webfact

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, elliss said:

Tut Tut ,  ill informed reply .   

Belgium chocolate,    one good reason for remaining in the EU .

regardless of UK leaving or remaining

the chocolate is there for purchase for those who like chocolate

Posted by the deputy leader of UKIP. More fake news. Just trying to justify Tommy Islam's vitriol against the BBC.

You really don’t like him do you? The BBC hates him. The MSM hates him. Extreme left hates him. They’re all trying to jail him and close him down, but failing.
He must have got something right.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, Spidey said:

Wrong, no need to seek the assent of the EU. It's our right to withdraw from Article 50. Nothing would change, our status would be unchanged from what it is now.

You are stating things as fact and you have said it was "cast in stone".

Actually when you look at the REAL facts, the wording given by the European law officer, is that the UK SHOULD be able to unilaterally cancel its withdrawal. "SHOULD". This is contrary to what the EU has said. The EU is saying that all 27 member states need to consent.

"Cast in stone". Yeah right. More remainer "truth-stretching".

There is of course no doubt that the EU will allow Britain to cancel Brexit because this is what it has been seeking since day one, but allowing it to return as if nothing has happened and without any punishment? That's a different matter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-46428579

11 hours ago, Spidey said:

We would definitely be going back with our tail between our legs. It would help if we had an election soon after (quite likely) and elected a pro Europe government, haven't had one of those for a while. However, I just don't see one out there.

This is not about being pro or anti Europe, this is about being pro or anti EU.

And as for there being no pro EU party out there... yeah, funny that. Tell you something?

Politicians, by and large, campaign on what they think will get them elected. Maybe the number of people actually pro EU is pretty small. Maybe a high number of those who voted to remain don't actually like the EU much at all, but fear the consequences of leaving. And then you've got the 52% that definitely don't like the EU. So when you whittle it down, maybe the number of people who would actually describe themselves as passionately and actively pro EU, is a pretty small. It might explain why you, "don't see one out there".

You might also take a look at how many seats the Lib Dems - the most pro EU party of them all - have won of late.

23 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You really don’t like him do you? The BBC hates him. The MSM hates him. Extreme left hates him. They’re all trying to jail him and close him down, but failing.

There was a time when a man who beat up women would be castigated as a coward, and rightly so. Why have certain sections of society elevated this thug and convicted fraudster to become their figurehead? Is he really the type of person who personifies the qualities you think our leaders should possess?

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

There was a time when a man who beat up women would be castigated as a coward, and rightly so. Why have certain sections of society elevated this thug and convicted fraudster to become their figurehead? Is he really the type of person who personifies the qualities you think our leaders should possess?

He beats up football hooligans as well , so, that isnt cowardly behavior

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Regardless of how much of what is said about him and his background is true - and i really have no idea - the fact is that he is tainted and has too much baggage, so even if what he is saying has merit, many people won't listen and will dismiss the words before they leave his mouth. It might be unfair, but that's the way it is.

For the good of his political cause, why not let someone else be the spokesperson and leader? I have to assume it comes down to ego. If he really cared about his beliefs, i think he would have stood aside.

Are you really sure about beating up his now wife in 2005? Maybe somebody is telling you fibs? Could it be because little Tommy chinned a big busy body copper?
Certain sections of society don’t glibly accept the establishment smear campaign. As a fraudster, he would be among friends in parliament. Yes, some of his qualities are sorely missed in our current leaders.

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Are you really sure about beating up his now wife in 2005? Maybe somebody is telling you fibs? Could it be because little Tommy chinned a big busy body copper?
Certain sections of society don’t glibly accept the establishment smear campaign. As a fraudster, he would be among friends in parliament. Yes, some of his qualities are sorely missed in our current leaders.

It's interesting that you are so intent on protecting the reputation of this man. Maybe it is you who heard the fibs? Yes, he also beat up the policeman who was attempting to prevent him from further assaulting his girlfriend, and it was the assault on the policeman for which he was convicted.  

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Using money to prevent a democratic referendum to justify your own agenda, is not a great man in my book. I guess we have different morals.

Plus he has a very questionable background on how he gets his money.

I don't thing Best for Britain is immoral in anyway. I think their tactics, primarily educational are sound. It also has Gina Miller as a leading light

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44331013

I have not heard any comments about them infringing any electoral law?

Soros has a hedge fund. Is that immoral?

I'm going to ask him if he can lend me a tenner until Saturday!

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

It's interesting that you are so intent on protecting the reputation of this man. Maybe it is you who heard the fibs? Yes, he also beat up the policeman who was attempting to prevent him from further assaulting his girlfriend, and it was the assault on the policeman for which he was convicted.  

TR is similar to something one might find sticking to the sole of one's shoe. Similarly, he attracts parasites and all kinds of small insanitary bugs. Anybody finding anything positive to say about this repellent creature immediately drops two demographic social classes (if they're not already D)

TR is similar to something one might find sticking to the sole of one's shoe. Similarly, he attracts parasites and all kinds of small insanitary bugs. Anybody finding anything positive to say about this repellent creature immediately drops two demographic social classes (if they're not already D)

Says our TVF resident elitist, so that’s official. Shall I demote my class now sir?
I’d hate to think what’s stuck to your soles, you know - on the inner side.

Do you get all your opinion from Hope not Hate?
Yes, I think the Enemy of the State needs some of his reputation protecting from the systematic and widespread smear.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Indeed he has. He is very good at appealing to racists of low intelligence, like himself.

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Using money to prevent a democratic referendum to justify your own agenda, is not a great man in my book. I guess we have different morals.

Plus he has a very questionable background on how he gets his money.

You should check the way the Brexit campaign was funded. Breached rules regarding funding, unlike remain.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/07/corrupt-vote-leave-campaign-undermines-brexit-vote-court-told

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You should check the way the Brexit campaign was funded. Breached rules regarding funding, unlike remain.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/07/corrupt-vote-leave-campaign-undermines-brexit-vote-court-told

While remain had the government of the day, printing up a leaflet for them and sending it to everyone in the nation's door.

56 minutes ago, Loiner said:

https://www.the-round.co.uk/charges-on-tommy-robinson-rap-sheet/

2005 - 12 months for assaulting his then girlfriend causing actual bodily harm, for which she was hospitalised and a concurrent 3 months for assaulting the copper who arrested him.

A violent little racist thug. Ex BNP, ex EDL currently UKIP.

10 minutes ago, rixalex said:

While remain had the government of the day, printing up a leaflet for them and sending it to everyone in the nation's door.

Did they break the rules regarding campaign funding? - No. Did the Brexit campaign commit a serious breach of the rules regarding funding? -Yes.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I would vote Tommy for PM, just what the UK needs.

Everyone makes mistakes, he served his time and paid his debt to society.

Read his rap sheet. He has continuously made the "mistake" of being a violent little thug throughout his adult life. Not to mention a custodial sentence for fraud. 

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Read his rap sheet. He has continuously made the "mistake" of being a violent little thug throughout his adult life. Not to mention a custodial sentence for fraud. 

Don't care, I like him.

Most MPs commit fraud, and that's just their expenses, he'll fit right in.

1 minute ago, rixalex said:

I didn't say they broke the rules, i said they got an unfair advantage.

The electoral commission doesn't agree with you. Their criticism was solely reserved for the Brexit campaign.

Archived