UK's Labour says it will back call for second Brexit referendum

webfact

10 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Yes i know, but i think for myself, and i think that whatever the sins of the Brexit campaign, remain, by having the government send a leaflet in support of their view to everyone's door, had an unfair advantage. Are you able to comment on that with your own opinion, rather than citing a rule book?

I think, in my opinion, that sending a big red bus, with blatant lies on it, round Britain, was certainly taking unfair advantage (of the intellectually challenged).

There was nothing to prevent the Brexit campaign putting fliers through letter boxes either.

• Like 1

Just now, sanemax said:

That wasnt a lie on the bus , that was just a suggestion as to how the money COULD be spent .

It was a suggestion, it wasnt a promise and therefore it wasnt a lie

Not how it was written on the bus. (Only in your fertile imagination).

9 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Just the usual deflection then.

Deflection from what? I answered your questions in full and in a way that you demanded (no links).

Is this your usual reply, when you have nothing to say?

9 hours ago, Mavideol said:

and so he did and when the time came he took his chances, in case you didn't know it's called business

He put himself in that position, the question was if we would make the same choice as him if in his sitiuation, however we are not all aiming to get ourselves in a situation where we can rip off our own country, so its just a daft question really.  And no, ripping off your country is not called business, its called being a traitor, but we can play makebelief if you like.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

A Govt agency? Who'd have thought it!

Is that the same EC who did bugger all when the 100k+ ballots destined for addresses outside the UK/EU for the 2015 election failed to arrive and were found (by FoI request) to have not even been sent & all after HMG spent shedloads encouraging those people to register online via this new fangled thing called the internet?

The EC are a joke!

Haven't you got a Twitter post for that?

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Every single person who dabbles in the neo-Fascist Jewish Conspiracy dog-whistle politics of attacking Soros (for that is what it is), is just putting out a flag where their politics is leaning. Either they are deliberate or stupid or both.

Are you trying to threaten me?  Are you trying to imply that I can't call out Soros' traiterous past actions without fear of being called an anti-Semite?  You are the only one dog whistling. The man did what he did, stating what he did has nothing with his religion or political leanings, just his complete and utter disrespect for our country. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Are you able to comment on that with your own opinion, rather than citing a rule book?

I guess you will have to accept that civilized societies live by the rule of the law, rather than everyone doing what they want based on their “opinion”. But it’s an interesting approach; you should definitely say that in front of a judge. 

• Haha 1

Just now, rixalex said:

Deflection from whether it was fair for the remain campaign to have to government organizing and paying for leaflet's to be sent to every household.

Replying with, "it didn't break the rules" or "what about the red bus?" was not answering the question.

Read my post again. In reply to that question, I said that the Brexit campaign had the right to post their own fliers. They just preferred to spend their (illegal) money on a big red bus with outright lies on it.

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I guess you will have to accept that civilized societies live by the rule of the law, rather than everyone doing what they want based on their “opinion”. But it’s an interesting approach; you should definitely say that in front of a judge. 

You would have a point were i advocating not living by the law. I wasn't. Just another one of your pathetic straw man arguments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'll take that as a 'Yes' ????

If you want a serious answer, the EC is a toothless tiger. It reports infringments but doesn't prosecute them.

As to the serious infringement committed by the Brexit campaign, T. May personally made the decision to take it no further.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

TR is similar to something one might find sticking to the sole of one's shoe. Similarly, he attracts parasites and all kinds of small insanitary bugs. Anybody finding anything positive to say about this repellent creature immediately drops two demographic social classes (if they're not already D)

Lumpen proletariat territory. Signature support issue for the neo-fascist Conspiracy Theory wannabes taking time out from Hard Brexit. Beating up women unfortunate collateral damage in the planetary war against the elites.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Are you trying to threaten me?  Are you trying to imply that I can't call out Soros' traiterous past actions without fear of being called an anti-Semite?  You are the only one dog whistling. The man did what he did, stating what he did has nothing with his religion or political leanings, just his complete and utter disrespect for our country. 

Hard Brexiteers such an innocent bunch.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Shouldn’t the free leafleting and free MSM be converted to costs and included in the Remain campaign costs?

It was, and still the remain campaign managed to stay within funding rules. Brexit didn't.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That wasnt a lie on the bus , that was just a suggestion as to how the money COULD be spent .

It was a suggestion, it wasnt a promise and therefore it wasnt a lie

:cheesy:.......Pull the other one.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rixalex said:

You know you could just be honest and say, "yes, even if it wasn't breaking any rules, remain did get an unfair advantage in that instance". Or just go back to bleating about red buses...

But that would be dishonest of me. They didn't gain unfair advantage and it wasn't "free".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Let me remind you what you were advocating:

C33BC808-F7C6-4187-BD76-FAB54014C742.jpeg

Yes thanks for that. I was advocating someone express their opinion about something, rather than citing a law.

Nothing remotely similar to advocating someone not follow the law.

Pathetic.