Showing Monies in your account

1 minute ago, david555 said:

I just answered on how to prove online bank statement , so I jus replied poster ,by a example screenshot to the app (?) attachment I guess 

AS I DONT report online I don't know , but for all other official  services I do like that as for my own country embassy  

Looks like all here now are looking by magnifying glasses all answers :biggrin:

My question was directed at a poster named Sailboat not you.  He asked, " How do you show your bank balance on line."

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

The app has no provision for attachments. No reason to since none are required.

They could start with it for this reason , that would make it even internationally possible to forfill on their request ….. did I wake up now sleeping reading with dog I.O.'s....? :unsure: giving them ideas ?

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

They could start with it for this reason , that would make it even internationally possible to forfill on their request ….. did I wake up now sleeping reading with dog I.O.'s....? :unsure: giving them ideas ?

But it is an ad hoc request by certain IOs not an official IO requirement.

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

My question was directed at a poster named Sailboat not you.  He asked, " How do you show your bank balance on line."

sorry , as it came in on my screen just under my reply to him , I thought question was to me directed ...:biggrin:

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

But it is an ad hoc request by certain IOs not an official IO requirement.

That would not bother the "certain I.O." you stand in front …, would you start discussing him/ her ??  good luck ...

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

That would not bother the "certain I.O." you stand in front …, would you start discussing him/ her ??  good luck ...

I was referring to the suggestion that TI might modify the online 90 day reporting system to allow uploading of bank statements.  Obviously not going to be done since it is not an officisl requirement.

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I was referring to the suggestion that TI might modify the online 90 day reporting system to allow uploading of bank statements.  Obviously not going to be done since it is not an officisl requirement.

makes it still a future option , hence my reply "giving them ideas …" and could be done as said from wherever the asked person is located ….worldwide internet exists you know   ? 

We can go on with all of this , consider it same as a driving licence / permit  ….can be asked every time you meet a police … so same way for I.O....

Edited by david555

8 hours ago, crazykopite said:

This is the information detail of requirement issued by Koh Samui which I got on Monday there is no mention that a bank statement orpass book is reqIred once the extension of stay has been permitted I have to presume that this is an oversight by the IM

FB603113-F8F3-43C7-8389-64C8C189A19E.jpeg

Sorry for opening up another can of worms, but item 8: Medical Certificate really caught my eye. What the heck does that mean? If you're in poor health or terminally ill, your retirement visa might be denied and you'll be deported???  :shock1: Scary.

Edited by Gecko123

2 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Sorry for opening up another can of worms, but item 8: Medical Certificate really caught my eye. What the heck does that mean? If you're in poor health or terminally ill, you'll be deported??? Scary.

Not deported ….. jus refused to stay , bit different as they shall give you probably 7 days to leave or similar , deportation is more when breaking a law 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Sorry for opening up another can of worms, but item 8: Medical Certificate really caught my eye. What the heck does that mean? If you're in poor health or terminally ill, you'll be deported??? Scary.

Reading it, it states they require a medical certificate before they will issue an extension and a hospital issued certificate is only valid for 7 days.. If they do actually want it, only they can confirm it, yes or no.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

9 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I wouldn't guarantee that.

I was advised that I should bring my updated Pass book in when I did my 90 day report just in case they wanted to check it. But was also told that things might change.

Whatever they will still check you pass book when you do your yearly renewal.

So if you haven't kept the correct amount in it for the desired amount of time you might be refused a new one. I also live 500km north of Jomtien Pattaya. So looks like other places will do much the same. Depending on how they translate the new rules.

Advised by whom?

9 hours ago, crazykopite said:

This is the information detail of requirement issued by Koh Samui which I got on Monday there is no mention that a bank statement orpass book is reqIred once the extension of stay has been permitted I have to presume that this is an oversight by the IM

FB603113-F8F3-43C7-8389-64C8C189A19E.jpeg

What is new on the above form?  Was it that way a year ago too?

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

What I am on about, before you open your big mouth, is that BEFORE this week, there was NO seasoning requirement.
And NO, they don't require original documents. You can use Copy's of your documents BUT you need to get them certified.

Note: 

- Please submit the originals of bank statement, criminal record check, and medical record, as well as one photocopy of each document. In case that an applicant could not submit the original documents, the Embassy will accept the photocopies which have been certified by a Notary Public officer or Solicitors.

- The consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary. 

As far as I am aware words in capital letters are considered shouting on this forum so it looks like you are the one with the big mouth. Your original post was confusing, it inferred that the requirements had changed and that you had to have money in a Thai bank account. Whereas only the 3 months seasoning requirement was the only change, something I did agree with in my reply to you. Whilst I do conceed that cerified copies should be acceptable, I recently e mailed the embassy and received the reply below. They clearly stated they wanted original statements.

Question

My question is please. What proof of an income of 65,000 baht is acceptable. Would (1) A copy of bank statements showing a monthly pension payment of over 65,000 be acceptable? Or (2) A copy of my yearly P60 document showing a yearly income of over £20,000 be acceptable

Answer

Yes but both of them must be original pension statement or bank statement in case if we are not approved we will contact you immediately.

Anyway feel free to come back with your stance on it, I do love a heated debate.

3 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Samui has been asking for this for years. They are one of the Thai Imm offices like Phuket and others that refuse to go with the actual police order which states  nothing about medical certificates except when an appliication is made for an O-A or O-Z from a Thai Embassy abroad.

Let's see now we have CW asking for 400K in the bank but don't take it out until the actual extension is issued about 30 days after application/

Now we have Samuji with their own requirements- Jomtien making people sign statements that are not correct. And the beat goes on.

I plan on writing a letter to the US Embassy detailing the absurdity of this situation and the fact that their lack of assistance to their  citizens has caused complete chaos. there is no way for the 4 Embassies to justify their actions as the rest of the Embassy community is issuing the letters  and they are definitely not verifying the income from original source.

In all my 50 years in and out of Thailand, I have never seen such incompetence; lack of understanding of what is possible and not and complete nonsense from all parties involved. If this continues, the whole system will implode.

Thank you for clearing it up regarding Samui. I wasn't aware of there requirements. I really wouldn't  stress yourself out over what the Embassy's have done. It really isn't worth it or will change anything. It's done now and I really don't see them reversing on it.
Good luck

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

I'M not saying anything...only posting what I just read and copied from the RTE Wash, DC website a few mins ago. Here's the header...

Non-Immigrant Category “O-A”

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-A” (long stay)

Purpose of Visit: This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Here's the link:

https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-category-oa/

Just to clear things up. The Wasington DC website is 100% wrong.

A Non OA visa is a multiple entry visa. You get stamped in for 1 year on every entry up until the expiry date. If you enter just before the expiry date you will get another year, this makes 2 years in total. However to keep this 1 year valid in the second year, you will need a single or multiple re entry permit obtained from immigration in Thaiand. You do not need a re entry permit in the first year before the visa expiry date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimn said:

Just to clear things up. The Wasington DC website is 100% wrong.

A Non OA visa is a multiple entry visa. You get stamped in for 1 year on every entry up until the expiry date. If you enter just before the expiry date you will get another year, this makes 2 years in total. However to keep this 1 year valid in the second year, you will need a single or multiple re entry permit obtained from immigration in Thaiand. You do not need a re entry permit in the first year before the visa expiry date.

The DC website is a good example of posting fake news without a retraction or explanation.  Re posting it is of course OK. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, jimn said:

As far as I am aware words in capital letters are considered shouting on this forum so it looks like you are the one with the big mouth. Your original post was confusing, it inferred that the requirements had changed and that you had to have money in a Thai bank account. Whereas only the 3 months seasoning requirement was the only change, something I did agree with in my reply to you. Whilst I do conceed that cerified copies should be acceptable, I recently e mailed the embassy and received the reply below. They clearly stated they wanted original statements.

Question

My question is please. What proof of an income of 65,000 baht is acceptable. Would (1) A copy of bank statements showing a monthly pension payment of over 65,000 be acceptable? Or (2) A copy of my yearly P60 document showing a yearly income of over £20,000 be acceptable

Answer

Yes but both of them must be original pension statement or bank statement in case if we are not approved we will contact you immediately.

Anyway feel free to come back with your stance on it, I do love a heated debate.

There is no debate to be had. The website has been updated in the last 48 hours reflecting the latest changes. They have even highlighted the documents required and which are acceptable in bold red type.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

On March 6, 2019 at 7:02 PM, david555 said:

Just curious to know how those using the " no money needed Agent solution" go handle this …?

Probably they " go handle this "  using the same agent they used for step one. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

There is no debate to be had. The website has been updated in the last 48 hours reflecting the latest changes. They have even highlighted the documents required and which are acceptable in bold red type.

What website?  DC? 

6. Bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required

Edited by marcusarelus

3 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

This is the problem. Everybody appears to getting that call back letter now from Jomtien but not one of them appears to of asked them what happens if they are not in the country on the date they are required to go back. They are signing papers agreeing to all these terms and conditions. They don't appear to even know what they are signing for.....Incredible

One reported asking, and being waived-away w/o an answer. 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Yes. And people also travel in the region and elsewhere for fun.

Nothing at all unusual in retirees traveling. 

Immigration seem incredulous to this.  It is why they freak out when someone at the airport says they will be a tourist for a whole 60 days, or interrogate a retiree on a retirement-extension who is deemed to "move around" too much.  They seem to think such lifestyles must indicate a nefarious plot to "trick" Thai authorities into accidentally allowing someone to spend their money here.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The app has no provision for attachments. No reason to since none are required.

I think to the extent some offices are re-setting 90-day reporting with the extension, and telling folks to bring their bank book at the same time the 90-day report is due, it is to allow them to do the 2 things at the same time - not to conflate the 2 things into one. 

Online 90-day reporting would not remove the requirement to return to show the bank-book at offices which are demanding this.  We can only guess what happens if you don't "appear as summoned."

Edited by JackThompson

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

One reported asking, and being waived-away w/o an answer. 

Immigration seem incredulous to this.  It is why they freak out when someone at the airport says they will be a tourist for a whole 60 days, or interrogate a retiree on a retirement-extension who is deemed to "move around" too much.  They seem to think such lifestyles must indicate a nefarious plot to "trick" Thai authorities into allowing someone to spend their money here.

I think to the extent some offices are re-setting 90-day reporting with the extension, and telling folks to bring their bank book at the same time the 90-day report is due, it is to allow them to do the 2 things at the same time - not to conflate the 2 things into one. 

Online 90-day reporting would not remove the requirement to return to show the bank-book at offices which are demanding this.  We can only guess what happens if you don't "appear as summoned."

Has there been more than one actual person reporting this?  I mean not the friend gimmick. 

In this topic from Tuesday there is a reporting that at ret. ext. making you get already a date to come show money still intact ….

(maybe already posted here , don't know …? )

2019-03-07_205456.png

Edited by david555

27 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

We can only guess what happens if you don't "appear as summoned."

And we can only guess at which offices will require you to appear and what percent of the applications will be required to appear and when and how one should appear.  So far there are thousands of post speculating on two reports from one immigration location. 

12 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

And we can only guess at which offices will require you to appear and what percent of the applications will be required to appear and when and how one should appear.  So far there are thousands of post speculating on two reports from one immigration location. 

But it is also only now 7 days in power and already seeing the direction it goes ….and clever from Jomtien to do it this way , as so the agents got already appointment date steady to prepare his movements in administration (it's good to have contacts isn't :wink: ) , a random check would be difficult for them "agents"…. I start seeing the plan now for them to counter the ("Supposed") anti agent operation by B.J. 

Maybe he could form a flying task control force , and any waiving should be reported online to his office …. could be fun 

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Thata a shame. My original reply to your first post was based on your original comment that just said everything had changed in London. You then edited your post to add the bit about seasoning. Thats why I originally commented like I did. It appeared you didnt know what you were talking about. Subsequent posts by you have only confirmed what I suspected lol

33 minutes ago, jimn said:

Thata a shame. My original reply to your first post was based on your original comment that just said everything had changed in London. You then edited your post to add the bit about seasoning. Thats why I originally commented like I did. It appeared you didnt know what you were talking about. Subsequent posts by you have only confirmed what I suspected lol

Well done. You have proven my suspicion that you failed to understand the information or indeed check the website for current information before posting. You now feel silly that you needed the updated information pointing out and explained to you in simple terms. Never mind. You at least understand now

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Well done. You have proven my suspicion that you failed to understand the information or indeed check the website for current information before posting. You now feel silly that you needed the updated information pointing out and explained to you in simple terms. Never mind. You at least understand now

I have not got a clue what you are talking about. Never mind, I am tired of bickering about who is right or wrong. I've got better things to do.

14 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Right on...this copied from the Royal Thai Embassy Washington, DC website for Non O-A (long stay)...

Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry. During the one-year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void.

This seems inconsistent or badly written compared to other sources, and people who actually use this visa. The above seems to completely ignore the fact it is a Multiple Entry Visa. 

Edited by jacko45k