Video: Thai-ness at it's best - tears on social media as granny carried to hospital

webfact

10 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Rebranding Thainess is almost impossible. Those 3 people praised were actually showing non-Thainess.

The Thainess is the wild traffic, poor road infrastructure and assorted other failings. 

"Those 3 people praised were actually showing non-Thainess".

Nonsense.

46 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Those 3 people praised were actually showing non-Thainess".

Nonsense.

Why do you feel that that your post is nonsense? If you have an opinion, don't be scared to post it.

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

Rebranding Thainess is almost impossible. Those 3 people praised were actually showing non-Thainess.

The Thainess is the wild traffic, poor road infrastructure and assorted other failings. 

@Just Weird @colinneil and @pee paub

I agree with you all that real Thai-ness is actually a VERY questionable thing. I also want to cry. Good to know that some of us understand Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

That could be anywhere else in the world.

It's a humanitarian act which you can see displayed in any country.

I've even seen people carrying sick animals.

Why is it thainess?

I suspect that many Thais THINK it is Thainess and would like to sell to themselves and the outside world that it is Thainess because deep in their hearts they know it is is not. They are expressing their aspirations, or at least how they would like the outside world to see them -- which is a good thing, but they know, just as with their Sino cousins to the north, that selflessness is most certainly NOT common. 

In an actually half-decent country, like Japan or many western countries, a story like this would not even register as most or more people are actually decent and not selfish.

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I suspect that many Thais THINK it is Thainess and would like to sell to themselves and the outside world that it is Thainess because deep in their hearts they know it is is not. They are expressing their aspirations, or at least how they would like the outside world to see them -- which is a good thing, but they know, just as with their Sino cousins to the north, that selflessness is most certainly NOT common. 

Thank you for putting it so eloquently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

As the clip is from a year ago, I wonder if the old lady survived, and recovered alright?

I sincerely hope so, the family members showed real love for an ageing person who obviously meant  a great deal to them. I hope she is still around, if not then I hope she is at peace.

Collapse in the street in any major city anywhere in the world and there'll be dozens of people rush to help.

But no, it is thainess.

Someone carries granny to the hospital and it's a national pride fest.

And we'll done to the people who videoed it. Best  not help huh ?

Edited by Nsp64
Spelling error
  • Like 1

On a serious note though.

The guy either couldn't afford or rely on emergency paramedic services.

When he got close the traffic was so out of control he had to carry granny to the hospital.

This is shameful on a system that promotes care for the elderly.

Thainess personified 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

As the clip is from a year ago, I wonder if the old lady survived, and recovered alright?

yea, a little effort by the 'reporter' would have brought the story up to date, but maybe that was too much like hard work.

22 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Why do you feel that that your post is nonsense? If you have an opinion, don't be scared to post it.

I do not feel that my post was nonsense!   I was clearly referring to the post that I quoted in my response; that was total nonsense.

• Haha 1