MMA fighter Conor McGregor arrested in Florida for breaking fan's phone

webfact

MMA fighter Conor McGregor arrested in Florida for breaking fan's phone

2019-03-12T011235Z_1_LYNXMPEF2B034_RTROPTP_4_PEOPLE-MCGREGOR.JPG

UFC fighter Conor McGregor appears in a police booking photo at Miami-Dade County Jail in Miami, Florida, U.S. March 11, 2019. Miami-Dade County Corrections/Handout via REUTERS

(Reuters) - Conor McGregor was arrested in Miami Beach on Monday after a fan said the Irish mixed martial arts fighter smashed his phone and then walked off with the shattered remains, police records show.

McGregor, 30, was booked into the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Miami on suspicion of robbery and criminal mischief, according to an arrest affidavit filed in connection with the incident, which took place shortly after 5 a.m. (0900 GMT) on Monday.

"The victim and the defendant were exiting the Fountainbleau Hotel and the victim attempted to take a picture of the defendant with his cell phone," the arrest report said, without identifying the second man's name.

"The defendant slapped the victim's phone out of his hand, causing it to fall to the floor. The defendant then stomped on the victim's phone several times, damaging it," the report said, adding that the device was valued at $1,000 (£756).

McGregor was taken into custody later on Monday. It was not immediately clear if he had retained a local attorney to represent him.

McGregor was charged in April 2018 with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief after police said he attacked a charter bus in New York carrying UFC fighters, throwing a moving dolly through a window and injuring other fighters.

He later pleaded guilty to a reduced disorderly conduct charge.

(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Alistair Bell)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-03-12

27 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Hes a well paid tool, even though he is a good athelete.

Why  some of these high paid athletes have to act like d*cks is beyond me.

The obvious answer is that he is a fool - not a tool.

Just look at the vacant look in his eyes.

6 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

not one of the nicer guys around

He is so in love with himself - others opinion matters little to him at this stage of his life! ????

Life tends to be very good at bringing people like him back down to earth! 

Edited by CGW
  • Haha 1

I have anger, I have thoughts of smacking people sometimes. have done so, as a younger arrogant man !

I felt like I had a right to and was more than capable from years of boxing then Muay Thai training (what an arrogant arse I was too). Conor reminds me of me as I was, but maybe even more inflated.

He's really full of himself from what I can see. It's a pity that winning can seem to remove any sense of humility in some people. I have met many who train in pugilism. I don't like bullies (thats why I took up martial sports). Blokes like Conor, I imagine, turn very quickly and would attempt to stand over people.

Edited by Tropposurfer

40 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

I have anger, I have thoughts of smacking people sometimes. have done so, as a younger arrogant man !

I felt like I had a right to and was more than capable from years of boxing then Muay Thai training (what an arrogant arse I was too). Conor reminds me of me as I was, but maybe even more inflated.

He's really full of himself from what I can see. It's a pity that winning can seem to remove any sense of humility in some people. I have met many who train in pugilism. I don't like bullies (thats why I took up martial sports). Blokes like Conor, I imagine, turn very quickly and would attempt to stand over people.

Seek professional help mate

He seems to inject good quality steroids.. i mean otherwise how to explain his ongoing agitated  aggressive behavior outside of the ring? The guy has a couple hunderd millions Euros yet still always seems annoyed  about stuff.

And btw what a shitty boxer he is even me can knock out that punk.

Edited by Destiny1990