Retirement extension monthly income succesful (Jomtien)

10 hours ago, crutchy26 said:

Did my 90 day at Kohn Kaen on Monday AM. All good, easy with Laughing Boy.

Then I produced a spreadsheet, indicating multiple deposits. My visa is 'til late June, and I thought I'd do some groundwork. FAIL

Notably Feb 19  & Mar 19 complying with the new 65k rule.

But alas, on 2 months (Oct & Dec) I had 'insufficient' transfers.

The yearly total exceeded 800 000.

But Laughing Boy was adamant it was no good!

Hoops & hurdles. 

Pineapple inserted, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch! I thought I read something awhile ago saying Imm would offer some leniency the first time you use the 65K/mo option as it might take a little while to get the deposits organized and functioning properly.  No? Am I imagining that?  Geeze! 

20 hours ago, mirage said:

Hi Urbonjoe,  I will try for my 1st retirement extension later in the year using the 800,000 Baht route. The money has been in the bank for almost 10 years. Will I need to prove this money came from abroad, or is that only needed when using the monthly income route.

It sometimes helps if you tell us which office you will be applying at, since some interpret the requirements differently. The rules do not require you to demonstrate that the 800k has come from abroad to apply for a one year retirement extension. I have not been asked at Jomtiem in the many years I have obtained such extensions. 

21 hours ago, mirage said:

Hi Urbonjoe,  I will try for my 1st retirement extension later in the year using the 800,000 Baht route. The money has been in the bank for almost 10 years. Will I need to prove this money came from abroad, or is that only needed when using the monthly income route.

The "proof of origin" is only needed if you are in the country now on a Tourist type entry (Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt) and are applying for a "Non-O Stamp" as a prerequisite for obtaining a 1-year extension of stay.  

Those currently in the country on 1-year extensions-of-stay based on retirement, marriage-to-a-Thai, etc do not need to worry about this issue - even at the worst offices, from reports I have read.

Edited by JackThompson

20 hours ago, yodsak said:

Told me just bank book.

1912173269_ScreenShot2019-03-06at11_25_57.png.f869088f643fdf86eaff2a87bbb5188c.png

Yes I received the same yesterday and nothing said about any letter - only bank book.

However stapled to this sheet was another with a copy of my passport details page and the bank book details. I queried what happens if I move the money to another account before then. I was told not a problem as long as you can show the connection between the amounts............

On 3/14/2019 at 7:14 PM, johng said:
On 3/14/2019 at 7:11 PM, Grusa said:
No, they had the forms in a sort of filing system (disorganised heap) . read this and sign, sign this other - signed copy to you, original in the file. It states the date, 3 months, to show the statement.  I will post a photo shortly.

Ok thanks...please do post the photo...will be interesting to see what it says.

Sorry to take so long!

IMG_20190315_201531.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johng said:

Ok thanks, it seems you are using retirement as the reason for extension...not marriage hence my confusion..and not being presented with the above form.

You are only half right. We are on retirement visas, for 12 years now. When we first came, we did the income affadavit crap with the UK consulate, then when that closed, the embassy, but soon got fed up with that: bunch of useless, and expensive time-wasting <deleted>. So, until last year we did individual retirement extensions, 1.6m in the bank. No problem, but the io's always seemed puzzled that we did not do marriage. In the last year we spent some of the money to buy our house, and the bottom fell out of the £, so we decided to try the marriage card. No hassle at all, 800k all in her name, only one bank letter, I think they would be equally happy with 100% in either name or a 50/50 split. So, just this notice to present an updated bank book with untouched money. Suits us very well, I don't see any real sucker traps.

It is still not clear to me what legal differences are involved in Thai/Farang vs Farang/Farang marriages, if any - it's not a subject mentioned anywhere I have found.

11 hours ago, Grusa said:

It is still not clear to me what legal differences are involved in Thai/Farang vs Farang/Farang marriages, if any - it's not a subject mentioned anywhere I have found.

There is no extension for marriage to the a person that is not Thai. There are only extensions based upon being the spouse of person that is on certain extensions of stay. Those require no financial proof for the person applying for it.

For marriage to a Thai lady there is a requirement for 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the date of application or proof of 40k baht income. 

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no extension for marriage to the a person that is not Thai. There are only extensions based upon being the spouse of person that is on certain extensions of stay. Those require no financial proof for the person applying for it.

For marriage to a Thai lady there is a requirement for 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the date of application or proof of 40k baht income. 

So if we had 400k each, instead of 800k in one account as we did, we would have been refused extension?

And, can you clarify which extensions qualify? Thanks.

Edited by Grusa
addition

8 minutes ago, Grusa said:

So if we had 400k each, instead of 800k in one account as we did, we would have been refused extension?

And, can you clarify which extensions qualify? Thanks.

A I wrote the 400k baht is only for an extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

You spouse can apply for an extension with no financial proof based upon your extension of stay based upon retirement.

There are a total of 17 extension that qualify for the extension for a family member. Retirement is clause 2.22.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_20

On 3/14/2019 at 9:06 PM, rexall said:

Ouch! I thought I read something awhile ago saying Imm would offer some leniency the first time you use the 65K/mo option as it might take a little while to get the deposits organized and functioning properly.  No? Am I imagining that?  Geeze! 

In Rayong they told me that they would only except twelve full months, no exceptions

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 8:43 AM, jacko45k said:

I was under the impression the FIRST time extension was also  regarded as being a 90 day report. 

A 90 day report form says "FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" which means that you have resided in the Kingdom or 90 consecutive days--hence, 90 Day Report.  It may coincide with your extension date, or immigrations may issue you a new report receipt on the occasion of you doing your initial extension, but mostly, some IO's do that so you're cognizant of the fact that you're do to report in 90 days...it's a courtesy.  In all likely hood, sometime in the future those dates will never match up because you can do a 90 day report early, or you may be late filing a report at some point in time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mosan said:

A 90 day report form says "FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" which means that you have resided in the Kingdom or 90 consecutive days--hence, 90 Day Report. 

My 90 day report never co-insides with my extension date. I always try to arrange my 90 day report to fall about 5-6 weeks before/after I've completed my annual extension and use the early/late report options to maintain that balance. Primarily this is to still complete my 90 day report in the normal way, even if my extension is delayed for any unforseen circumstances.

On 3/14/2019 at 8:43 AM, jacko45k said:

I was under the impression the FIRST time extension was also  regarded as being a 90 day report. 

30 minutes ago, mosan said:

A 90 day report form says "FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" which means that you have resided in the Kingdom or 90 consecutive days--hence, 90 Day Report

He is correct. The first extension stay application is considered equal to doing a 90 day report. The first 90 report is due 90 days from the date the extension was issued.5. 

5.  The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day