One dead, pregnant woman loses baby in Porsche/motorcycle horror smash

rooster59

45 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

After reading the first line, I thought, 'yeah pissed up, probably ran away' -- and what happened - speechless....

Yes, speculation is a wonderful thing.  No one has confirmed yet that he was pissed but it has been confirmed that he was taken to hospital with two broken legs so the chances of his running away are kind of remote.

22 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why?  Has he been found culpable of something yet or is speculation enough to justify your suggestion?

Speculation is good enough for me, look at the pictures. Yes, I believe P-driver was at fault, even though the bike rider shouldn't have been on the road due to unpaid tax and insurance.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, moe666 said:

By the way what exactly are normal people and how do they think

People who don’t jump red lights, drive 1m behind you, think me, me, me first, drive and text / speak on phone, have 1/2 dozen people in the back of a pick up, threaten to shoot you for using your horn, will never let you out of a junction, ride a motorbike with entire family on board with no helmets, no lights on motorbikes, swerve in and out of traffic.

and that’s just on the road.

need I go on?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

People who don’t jump red lights, drive 1m behind you, think me, me, me first, drive and text / speak on phone, have 1/2 dozen people in the back of a pick up, threaten to shoot you for using your horn, will never let you out of a junction, ride a motorbike with entire family on board with no helmets, no lights on motorbikes, swerve in and out of traffic.

and that’s just on the road.

need I go on?

But, those people who does, are normal in Thailand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, toenail said:

...so tracking down the guilty driver cannot be done by looking at the car’s license plate number or register sticker on the windshield?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

No, that indicates only the registered owner which may, or may not, be the driver at that time.

Looking at the Porche, the driver's compartment appears to be in good condition. I doubt the driver has two broken legs. My guess is he ran away so he would not be breathalyzed.

3 hours ago, samsensam said:

it has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with consequences; in the west if you hit and run you know that you will a) probably be caught and b) there will be consequences for the accident plus added consequences for running away, in thailand there is an inept, inefficient, unprofessional and corrupt police force and judicial system, so people know they can get away with it, so of course they run.

It's not against the law to leave the scene of an accident. Absolutely bonkers isn't it!

3 hours ago, toenail said:

...so tracking down the guilty driver cannot be done by looking at the car’s license plate number or register sticker on the windshield?

Capt Napasakon said that the Porsche driver was in hospital with two broken legs.

10 hours ago, toenail said:

Sure you can...... if you want. But in this case money is No. 1

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

She also lost her baby

Tern died, Oo's baby died (1+1=2)  the headline is wrong. 

The rich kid driving the Porsche will be fined a pittance.  Wouldn't want to impair his ability to purchase a new Porsche by imposing a realistic penalty!

18 hours ago, Ulic said:

Looking at the Porche, the driver's compartment appears to be in good condition. I doubt the driver has two broken legs. My guess is he ran away so he would not be breathalyzed.

The doctor at the hospital (where the driver is now) don't agree with you.

Edited by Vacuum

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, speculation is a wonderful thing.  No one has confirmed yet that he was pissed but it has been confirmed that he was taken to hospital with two broken legs so the chances of his running away are kind of remote.

But the people who took the driver to hospital seemingly left two ladies dying on the road.  

57 minutes ago, PMZ said:

But the people who took the driver to hospital seemingly left two ladies dying on the road.  

One lady, not two and perhaps they were being treated by rescue services, does the report say that they weren't?  It sure does not say that they were unattended and left to die there, does it?

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

One lady, not two and perhaps they were being treated by rescue services, does the report say that they weren't?  It sure does not say that they were unattended and left to die there, does it?

It is 'alleged'.

I based my use of the word 'seemingly' on this statement:

It was alleged that no help was given to the other victims.

• Like 1

I'm sure that the police have already leapt into action:

1. Is the driver a police officer or a close relative of a police officer? if Yes Go to #10

2. Is the driver a high-ranking military officer? if Yes, Go to #10

3. Is the driver rich but not really well-connected? if Yes Go to #11

4. Is social media making you look bad? if Yes, announce that you are investigating the case and Go to #11

#10. Do nothing. 

#11. Get the Porsche driver or his parents to pay you lots of money to do nothing.

• Haha 1

Please continue here:

Porsche driver charged with reckless driving over deaths of two women

By Kittipong Maneerit, 
Kornkamol Aksorndej 
The Nation

cc33d5c32c978aca955db158f51d2894.jpeg

POLICE IN Bangkok have charged a Porsche driver who crashed into at a motorcycle, killing two women, one of them also losing her unborn baby. The accident also damaged a roadside motorcycle-repair shop.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1090003-porsche-driver-charged-with-reckless-driving-over-deaths-of-two-women/

//CLOSED//

/Admin