Immigration transferred stamps to new passport but not TM6

I got a new passport about three years ago, and then a few months later when I went for my annual extension I handed the IO both passports. He transferred the stamp over and did the extension at the same time, but left the departure card stapled in the old passport.  

Fast-forward to the next few times I did an extension: I still handed over both the old, expired passport and the new one because I knew the IO would still want to see the TM6 in the old passport.  But my old passport is confusing and more than half of its 50+ pages are cluttered with stamps from various countries.  The IO always spends what seems like 20-30 minutes leafing through all the old stamps and frowning, sometimes showing it to other IOs for their opinions even though this passport has long since expired.  I'd like to dispose of the expired passport this time.  Can I move the TM6 to the new passport myself?  Is there some reason why they didn't do it for me?  Which page of the new passport should I staple it to?

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Put it anywhere. You do not need staple.

I think I'll staple it anyway.  If not stapled, it'll get lost.  I lost a TM6 on my very first tourist visit to Thailand (2006, I think) and the IO at the airport was none too happy about that as I tried to leave.

6 minutes ago, attrayant said:

One more thing - the TM6 is from 2013 and it's ragged.  It's on the edge of breaking into two pieces at the fold.  Should I laminate it?  Request a new one?

People misplace tm6 often.

Its not big deal. I actually was thinking the op was just joking

5 hours ago, attrayant said:

Can I move the TM6 to the new passport myself?  Is there some reason why they didn't do it for me?  Which page of the new passport should I staple it to?

Yes you can move the TM.6 yourself. It’s usually stapled to the page with your current permit to stay. But it’s not really important.

There is no reason to show the old passport at renewals as details of your non immigrant visa will be recorded in the new passport.

8 hours ago, attrayant said:

One more thing - the TM6 is from 2013 and it's ragged.  It's on the edge of breaking into two pieces at the fold.  Should I laminate it?  Request a new one?

Just tape the 2 parts together when it happens. Mine has been taped together for a few years now. It still has my old passport number on it.

They will not give you a new one unless you claim you lost the old one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, attrayant said:

Cellotape is your friend ... and before you ask ...clear cellotape