Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

The data show that the number of jobs in the UK has risen by 2.12 million since the first quarter of 1997. At the same time, the number of UK-born people in work has risen by 385,000, and the number of non-UK born in work has risen by 1.72m.

So, roughly speaking, you can say 81% of net jobs created in the UK since 1997 have gone to people who were not born in the UK."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/election_2010/parties_and_issues/8634469.stm

"Start with an easy one: how many of the new jobs created in the UK since 1997 have gone to "foreigners"?

The pedantic answer is we can't possibly know - there is no exact record of the jobs created since 1997, still less a register showing who those jobs went to."

You should read your own links. Also, from 2010.

Edited by Spidey

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

You really do hate your fellow Brits. If the Germans had conquered the U.K. mainland in the forties, what type of British person would have collaborated with them? 

Someone who wanted to make decent cars?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

"Start with an easy one: how many of the new jobs created in the UK since 1997 have gone to "foreigners"?

Employment minister Jim Knight says it would be 'foolish' to cap immigration

The pedantic answer is we can't possibly know - there is no exact record of the jobs created since 1997, still less a register showing who those jobs went to."

You should read your own links. Also, from2010.

To grasp what  the article says , you would need to read the whole article in its entirety , rather than just picking out one sentence and trying to grasp what the whole article says , on that one sentence  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

To grasp what  the article says , you would need to read the whole article in its entirety , rather than just picking out one sentence and trying to grasp what the whole article says , on that one sentence  

You mean like you did in your quote from the link?

Just now, Spidey said:

You mean like you did in your quote from the link?

I did post the whole article up , in a form of a link and highlighted the important bit , people could read the whole article , although it was rather long with a lot of unrelated things in it 

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I did post the whole article up , in a form of a link and highlighted the important bit , people could read the whole article , although it was rather long with a lot of unrelated things in it 

I read it. Then I posted up the important bit.

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

You really do hate your fellow Brits. If the Germans had conquered the U.K. mainland in the forties, what type of British person would have collaborated with them? 

The type of person who shops in German owned Lidl, perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Most Brexiteers respect democracy which means that everyone respects the outcome of the 2016 referendum if people want a 2nd vote on the type of deal fine no problem but you can't ask the same question again that was on the 2016 referendum ballot paper so REMAIN is not an option on any future ballot papers for the next 20 years

By that logic neither, is LEAVE.!

11 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

Thats correct as the outcome of the 2016 EU referendum was 52% to leave so any future referendum the options should be

no deal or May deal 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I wonder if Max can provide a link to back up such claims? Or did he just make it up?

You can easily find out yourself. Visiting some building sites would be a step in the right direction.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

Have you reported her ? She would have to prove the people she rejected were inferior to the poles she employed and if she couldn't her company is in the brown stuff !

You're joking, if he did that he'd be carted off to the local nick and charged with hate crime before you could say Tommy Robinson.

When were you last in the UK!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, wilcopops said:

It won't be the same question. It will be remain or accept either Ken Clarkes deal (remain in the CU) or May's deal. Up to the house which option they put forward. Could be decided on Monday.

For me, I would prefer Remain/ Ken Clarke. Either would remove the need for a backstop, which has been the main sticking point all along.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

It won't be the same question. It will be remain or accept either Ken Clarkes deal (remain in the CU) or May's deal. Up to the house which option they put forward. Could be decided on Monday.

For me, I would prefer Remain/ Ken Clarke. Either would remove the need for a backstop, which has been the main sticking point all along.

Not sure why you think Monday when Theresa May made it clear on Monday and again at PMQs, that she will not necessarily accept any Brexit plan that emerges from the indicative votes process.

And yes if there is a 2nd referendum Remain can't be an option as that question was already answered it 2016 when 52% of the voters that voted voted leave

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nontabury said:

You still cannot get rid of your german paranoia,like millions who voted leave,i wonder if germany were not in the EU what the result would of been

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Thats correct as the outcome of the 2016 EU referendum was 52% to leave so any future referendum the options should be

no deal or May deal 

By your argument the 2016 referendum should be "null and void" because the 1975 referendum was 67% in favour of remain.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Do you include the portuguese nationals claiming benefits in the UK under your labeling of druggie benefit scroungers and single mums better off on benefits

I doubt there will be many portuguese claiming benefits in the UK,could be as many brits in portugal claiming ,i will leave it yo you to google the figures.ive never met anyone portuguese through my work in the UK and nobe living in my area,iam sure there are quite a few in london,my partners sister works for the gaurdian.

11 minutes ago, bomber said:

You still cannot get rid of your german paranoia,like millions who voted leave,i wonder if germany were not in the EU what the result would of been

Of course if Germany had not been in the EU then there would not have been an EU in the first place. France and Germany at the time realised that European conflict was to the detriment of all and only benefited  the US who lent money. Hence the need to bring Europeans together to end war after war. The UK crawled and grovelled to join the EEC (as it was known then) continually being consistently stopped by Charles de Gaulle, the French turncoat, who as a brave General was sheltered during WW2 by Britain. Its not the Germans people should be knocking ( our Royal family is of German descent), but the French. They will never forgive the Brits for locking up Napolean.

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 2

I doubt there will be many portuguese claiming benefits in the UK,could be as many brits in portugal claiming ,i will leave it yo you to google the figures.ive never met anyone portuguese through my work in the UK and nobe living in my area,iam sure there are quite a few in london,my partners sister works for the gaurdian.
What's the g

What's the gaurdian??[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I went in a Poundland shop in South London today and not one of the 'assistants' were English. Mind you I was probably the only Englishman in the place.

I asked one woman where they kept a certain item and she said, 'Sorry no speak English'.

Why not leave london,sell ya house for sily money and move overseas..problem solved

1 hour ago, bomber said:

Are you sure this report which was published in 2015 indicates there was  6,210 Portuguese nationals claiming UK JSA

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/19/-sp-thousands-britons-claim-benefits-eu

The 2001 UK Census recorded 36,555 Portuguese-born people resident in the UK. More recent estimates by the Office for National Statistics put the figure at 107,000in 2013. The 2011 Census recorded 88,161 Portuguese-born residents in England and Wales.

UK Employment

Figures published by the Office for National Statistics show that in the three months to June 2008, 82.8 per cent of working-age Portuguese-born men were in employment. The figure for women was 68.8 per cent. The unemployment rate was 7.4 per cent for men and 9.8 per cent for women.[19] 10.5 per cent of Portuguese-born men and 23.8 per cent of Portuguese-born women were economically inactive (this figure includes students, carers and the long-term sick, injured or disabled).[19][20]

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Are you sure this report which was published in 2015 indicates there was  6,210 Portuguese nationals claiming UK JSA

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/19/-sp-thousands-britons-claim-benefits-eu

The 2001 UK Census recorded 36,555 Portuguese-born people resident in the UK. More recent estimates by the Office for National Statistics put the figure at 107,000in 2013. The 2011 Census recorded 88,161 Portuguese-born residents in England and Wales.

UK Employment

Figures published by the Office for National Statistics show that in the three months to June 2008, 82.8 per cent of working-age Portuguese-born men were in employment. The figure for women was 68.8 per cent. The unemployment rate was 7.4 per cent for men and 9.8 per cent for women.[19] 10.5 per cent of Portuguese-born men and 23.8 per cent of Portuguese-born women were economically inactive (this figure includes students, carers and the long-term sick, injured or disabled).[19][20]

Seems acceptable to me,does it annoy you? 

20 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

UK Employment

Plenty of brits claiming benefits in the wealthier northern european nations..less so in the southern as you would expect..and 3x more claiming benefits in eire than there are paddys in the UK. More or less evens itself out but not exactly what we were told by farage and co pre referendum

3cfa2830-5420-4201-aeb2-d71053fe24f9-2060x1236.jpeg

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So when you label people as druggie benefit scroungers and single mums better off on benefits you are including the 

the portuguese nationals claiming benefits in the UK under this category

Drink drugs and banging out babies are not a hobby popular with portuguese regardless of location,working or not working.its more a british thing although iam sure there will be a few somewhere out there,letvus know if you find any when you next visit spoonies

3cfa2830-5420-4201-aeb2-d71053fe24f9-2060x1236.jpeg